Scenes from America

Football games are a likely place for acting out the need for violence with guns.

The game seems to be a manifestation of the need for violence, but now with extremism so common, a game is not fulfilling the needs of many.

We'll have to wait and see if gun violence at football games, outgrows violence at other sports venues?

Does anyone have the statistics for shooting at football games and other sports events in America?

We have a long history of hooliganism at football matches. But we have never had a shot fired at a game.
People don't go to Soccer games to see violence Tommy.

American football is a different matter.

You've made your point and as long as your threads aren't deleted, it's keeping the forum alive in the slow times.

People don't go to Soccer games to see violence Tommy.

American football is a different matter.

You've made your point and as long as your threads aren't deleted, it's keeping the forum alive in the slow times.
Well a certain element do. Its actually a lot less these days. Security is a lot tighter and the stadiums are very safe.
Certainly the major stadia should be able to eliminate guns from inside the stadium. Its 25 years since I went through a metal detector at West Ham and the tech will have improved since then.

Well a certain element do. Its actually a lot less these days. Security is a lot tighter and the stadiums are very safe.
Certainly the major stadia should be able to eliminate guns from inside the stadium. Its 25 years since I went through a metal detector at West Ham and the tech will have improved since then.
I think you're missing the point about going to the game to see violence. There is no violence of any significance in a soccer game. The American game is completely about violence.

Fan violence due to rivalry is something different.

Canadian hockey wasn't a game of violence either until the US influence in professional hockey changed it.

I think you're missing the point about going to the game to see violence. There is no violence of any significance in a soccer game. The American game is completely about violence.

Fan violence due to rivalry is something different.

Canadian hockey wasn't a game of violence either until the US influence in professional hockey changed it.
I would point you to rugby as a similar violent game. But it doesnt encourage violence or attract violent people.
Im not sure its the sport itself.

I can't say they have an opposition to addressing gun crime.
Of course they have.

Conservatives oppose all firearm regulatory measures to address gun crime and violence based on the slippery slope fallacy that any new measure will result in guns being ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated.’

The right’s unwarranted opposition to UBCs being an example – a measure having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms.

Of course they have.

Conservatives oppose all firearm regulatory measures to address gun crime and violence based on the slippery slope fallacy that any new measure will result in guns being ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated.’

The right’s unwarranted opposition to UBCs being an example – a measure having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms.
/——-/ As a test, take the guns away from criminals fist, and we’ll see how that works out.

Forum List

Back