School Boards need to be held criminally liable for school shootings (Poll)

Should laws holding school boards and security personnel responsible be passed?

• Yes, children require grown-ups to protect them

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Well for one that doesn't equate to 600 million gun owners but we could do a lot just by going after the guns of people who make violent threats in person and online.
You shouldn't make threats against people who will defend themselves
Just like in the other thread threaten me and attempt to carry out that threat and I will shoot your worthless ass.

400 million. Close by right wing standards I suppose.

Slow the increase and attrition will do the rest
LoL so what are you going to do about school safety until then? I prep I have gun parts and barrels and many firearms and that's just me. Millions more out there in America. Admit it this is not about saving the lives of children it's all about control.

Schools don't fund themselves but they are funded by legislatures which do not fund the schools to become hardened.
Wrong. Schools are funded many different ways.
In my state its a 1% income tax and real estate taxes.
School boards can spend the money any way they see fit.

We get the culture we deserve/vote for. Until out national morality changes, this will continue.
The Left's solution: take away the tools of self defense from EVERYBODY but government
The right thinking Right's solution: Stop messing with our kids minds and restore basic morality
Agreed.
There were no shootings at parochial schools that I know of.
Kids should be taught traditional values, not CRT, or tranny shit.

This wasn't even on the minds of anyone when I was in school. WHAT CHANGED in our culture that this is now even being considered? This doesn't really FIX the problem. It's a band-aid
Are you implying that the quick fix is to tell people to act right? As if expecting mentally ill shooters to “just act right” will prevent gun massacres? Surely I’m misunderstanding you.

School safety requires appropriate deterrent measures, and this is not some new idea but decades-old. Each school district needs to step up its security features (if they haven’t already done so) to be proactive and not sitting ducks.

Funding for public school districts primarily comes from state (i.e., sales tax, income tax) and local tax revenue (i.e., property tax), with less than 10% of funding coming from federal funds.

How State & Local Dollars Fund Public Schools - The Bottom Line

There are federal grants available for all states for enhanced security school measures. It requires effort for teachers/administrators to write the grant, apply before the deadline and before the funding runs out per grant. Not only does FEMA provide school grants for security measures there are other federal avenues to pursue when a school district is interested enough to protect their students.

Www.Schoolsafety.gov

So the wingnuts believe that schools shouldn't be responsible for selecting the academic curriculum, which they are well trained for, but they should be responsible for providing security against heavily armed maniacs.
The wingnuts just keep getting stupider and stupider.
You're a wingnut.
A real "academic curriculum" doesn't include stupid shit like CRT, tranny shit, or 1619 Project "fake history"
This thread is all about school safety, do keep up.

Are you implying that the quick fix is to tell people to act right? As if expecting mentally ill shooters to “just act right” will prevent gun massacres? Surely I’m misunderstanding you.

School safety requires appropriate deterrent measures, and this is not some new idea but decades-old. Each school district needs to step up its security features (if they haven’t already done so) to be proactive and not sitting ducks.
Yup. And get defensive training by professionals for those who would chose to take it. Also non lethal defense products to them.

Funding for public school districts primarily comes from state (i.e., sales tax, income tax) and local tax revenue (i.e., property tax), with less than 10% of funding coming from federal funds.
You missed the point I made. This is your post that I replied to:
"Schools don't fund themselves but they are funded by legislatures which do not fund the schools to become hardened."

1. You incorrectly stated that ALL public school funding comes from state legislatures.
2. You also incorrectly stated that state legislatures do not want the schools to be hardened.

You shouldn't make threats against people who will defend themselves
Just like in the other thread threaten me and attempt to carry out that threat and I will shoot your worthless ass.
Thanks for demonstrating exactly why you shouldn't be allowed to own firearms. 😁

Forum List

Back