School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races

They are going to have their very own white kid meeting.

Actually that isn't a 'fact' but a 'hope' stated by the principal after public reaction.

...Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

You're assuming it is simply after public reaction.

No, I am not. Reaction was 'after the fact' as the article made clear. Perhaps more problematic is found on the OPRFHS site itself. The 'news' is dated the 3rd, though 'reaction' is made clear in last paragraph.

As a secondary educator I don't have a problem with 'targeted' assemblies per se, though school administrations generally do, as it creates problems for anyone excluded.

This is the first time I've seen 'affinity grouping' being a rationale in a publicly funded school setting or any school. I did try to find out if some new methodologies were introduced in the past few years, but find the applications were in business and one in college setting.

I'm not buying that you're a secondary educator. At all. Unless, I was standing next to the guy from the get go then I cannot state either way. Neither can you.

That's the article from the site:

Principal Rouse hosts Black Lives Matter discussion

Here is the strategic plan:
http://www.oprfhs.org/documents/2StrategicPlan_BOE_012314_FINAL.pdf

This was the focus last year at a widely publicized event:
http://www.summitforcourageousconversation.com/pdfs/SummitProgram.pdf

Affinity groups at Waterloo Schools
Student Affinity Groups

Here is one for Cambodian-American students:
http://www.arps.org/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=1129253

I don't care what you believe. Good for you for finding the article I pointed you to. Also credit you for finding at least some references to 'affinity groups' in education. From the seminar materials you posted, seems the 'affinity groups' though were breakout sessions, followed by whole group discussions, which makes sense.

However rather than being the 'focus' of the seminar, they were one of the many options available to participants.

That's good reading. The focus of the seminar was not "affinity groups". Can you tell me what the focus was? It is, after all, a seminar for educators.

There is gong to be a whites only meeting

says who ?

prove it

link

I did. I gave you the link. It was in the text of the article.
Once again you are lying. The article states what he said, "He hoped..." not that other affinity group assemblies had been scheduled.

I'm not lying. I posted the link.
You misrepresented a direct quote from the link.

I'm not misrepresenting shit.

As a result of the approach taken at the school, Rouse said, the students shared their thoughts about being the only black students in advanced placement classes, having few black teachers, and their feelings about always having to represent their race rather than themselves in classroom discussions.

"Unfortunately, the stories that they shared weren't new to me. They were experiences I had in high school and experiences I had in college," he said.

But knowing the issues, Rouse added, helps school officials address them. For instance, Rouse said he's acutely aware of the lack of black teachers and is working hard to recruit them.

Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.
OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

Like you would be asking such a question if a school in Mississippi had an assembly where it banned black students........

The problem is that the OP wasn't bright enough to read the intext links of the article it posted.

And that is all.
I read it just fine, you just want to the ignore the obvious. A leftist loon I presume

Ignoring the obvious is more in line with your hillbilly BS.
Oh I get it....So anyone who does not kowtow to the narrative is a "hillbilly"?

As a result of the approach taken at the school, Rouse said, the students shared their thoughts about being the only black students in advanced placement classes, having few black teachers, and their feelings about always having to represent their race rather than themselves in classroom discussions.

"Unfortunately, the stories that they shared weren't new to me. They were experiences I had in high school and experiences I had in college," he said.

But knowing the issues, Rouse added, helps school officials address them. For instance, Rouse said he's acutely aware of the lack of black teachers and is working hard to recruit them.

Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

Like you would be asking such a question if a school in Mississippi had an assembly where it banned black students........

The problem is that the OP wasn't bright enough to read the intext links of the article it posted.

And that is all.
I read it just fine, you just want to the ignore the obvious. A leftist loon I presume

Ignoring the obvious is more in line with your hillbilly BS.
Oh I get it....So anyone who does not kowtow to the narrative is a "hillbilly"?

Are your feelings hurt?

The whole slogan if "black lives matter" is out there to imply that they, supposedly, don't matter to whites......more specifically white cops.
So whitey tries to reach out a hand.....attempts to hear blacks' grievances......only to pushed away.

Pretty piss-poor race relations
There are black people who profit from whipping up the flames of distrust.
This is the result.

Actually that isn't a 'fact' but a 'hope' stated by the principal after public reaction.

No, I am not. Reaction was 'after the fact' as the article made clear. Perhaps more problematic is found on the OPRFHS site itself. The 'news' is dated the 3rd, though 'reaction' is made clear in last paragraph.

As a secondary educator I don't have a problem with 'targeted' assemblies per se, though school administrations generally do, as it creates problems for anyone excluded.

This is the first time I've seen 'affinity grouping' being a rationale in a publicly funded school setting or any school. I did try to find out if some new methodologies were introduced in the past few years, but find the applications were in business and one in college setting.

I'm not buying that you're a secondary educator. At all. Unless, I was standing next to the guy from the get go then I cannot state either way. Neither can you.

Student Affinity Groups

I don't care what you believe. Good for you for finding the article I pointed you to. Also credit you for finding at least some references to 'affinity groups' in education. From the seminar materials you posted, seems the 'affinity groups' though were breakout sessions, followed by whole group discussions, which makes sense.

However rather than being the 'focus' of the seminar, they were one of the many options available to participants.

That's good reading. The focus of the seminar was not "affinity groups". Can you tell me what the focus was? It is, after all, a seminar for educators.

Methods of diversity and approaches to addressing the needs of minorities. Affinity groups were a break out, brought up around page 25.

says who ?

prove it

link

I did. I gave you the link. It was in the text of the article.
Once again you are lying. The article states what he said, "He hoped..." not that other affinity group assemblies had been scheduled.

I'm not lying. I posted the link.
You misrepresented a direct quote from the link.

I'm not misrepresenting shit.
I didn't say it was shit, I said you misrepresented the quote.

You're assuming it is simply after public reaction.[

Student Affinity Groups

Methods of diversity and approaches to addressing the needs of minorities. Affinity groups were a break out, brought up around page 25.

:clap: And then you had ample time to look at the affinity groups in public schools, amiright?

Last edited:
The whole slogan if "black lives matter" is out there to imply that they, supposedly, don't matter to whites......more specifically white cops.
So whitey tries to reach out a hand.....attempts to hear blacks' grievances......only to pushed away.

No one asked you to reach out a hand. They were holding an event. Basically you arent needed. If you want to help, direct your efforts towards meeting with your white people and figure out a way to fix things on your end.
Uhh. Now that's just brilliant.
"It's not us. It's everyone else that has a problem"...
Ok I am laughing at your dumb comment.
If for example Caucasians just decided to take you up on your offer and simply said "from now on, we will ignore black people" you'd have a fucking epoch hissy fit.
This whole thing sucks...
Turn away and you people complain. Try to have a conversation and you turn away. Extend the hand of assistance and "coming together" and you swat it away....
That tells me you people do not want a solution. You are happier to just complain and lash out.
Meanwhile your neighborhoods in cities have become war zones where gangs drive about at high speeds shooting guns at homes and killing children. Having street corner shootouts while innocent people duck for cover. Revenge killings.
One thing I find laughable about arrest statistics in Ferguson....The complaint is that most of the arrests made are of blacks. Blacks make up some 85% of the population. In fact the neighboring towns are predominantly black in population....Are you suggesting there should be an arrest quota....Yes, law enforcement affirmative action.
How about this.....How about those arrested think about refusing to commit criminal acts....I think that is the easiest way to avoid being arrested.

Student Affinity Groups

"affinity"....That's just a made up term to cover up for the fact that the intent was exclusionary. Racist...

Student Affinity Groups

"affinity"....That's just a made up term to cover up for the fact that the intent was exclusionary. Racist...

Yawn.

I'm glad they are keeping it to themselves, it's getting old hearing this negros crying and blaming everyone for there own poor actions.

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:
Lets put the shoe on the other foot.
Suppose this was an event for Caucasians and exclusive of other races. And to take it one step further, suppose it was for ALL races 'except' blacks...
What say you?
Races other than Whites would not deal with this.

It's sanctioned by a public institution and held on public property.

Attendance cannot be denied because of skin color

Seems like youre wrong.

We'll see when the school gets sued as it should
It wont but you can always keep your fingers crossed.

Or we can wait until blacks are excluded from a meeting and they all start whining about their rights.
No one cares if white people meet to discuss issues that affect only white people. I wouldnt care at all.

Uh huh.

No one asked you to reach out a hand. They were holding an event. Basically you arent needed. If you want to help, direct your efforts towards meeting with your white people and figure out a way to fix things on your end.
Uhh. Now that's just brilliant.
"It's not us. It's everyone else that has a problem"...
Ok I am laughing at your dumb comment.
If for example Caucasians just decided to take you up on your offer and simply said "from now on, we will ignore black people" you'd have a fucking epoch hissy fit.
This whole thing sucks...
Turn away and you people complain. Try to have a conversation and you turn away. Extend the hand of assistance and "coming together" and you swat it away....
That tells me you people do not want a solution. You are happier to just complain and lash out.
Meanwhile your neighborhoods in cities have become war zones where gangs drive about at high speeds shooting guns at homes and killing children. Having street corner shootouts while innocent people duck for cover. Revenge killings.
One thing I find laughable about arrest statistics in Ferguson....The complaint is that most of the arrests made are of blacks. Blacks make up some 85% of the population. In fact the neighboring towns are predominantly black in population....Are you suggesting there should be an arrest quota....Yes, law enforcement affirmative action.
How about this.....How about those arrested think about refusing to commit criminal acts....I think that is the easiest way to avoid being arrested.
You think way too much of white people. If whites decided to ignore Blacks rather than commit hate crimes or acts of racism that would be perfect. I for one would welcome it. You truly need to get over yourself if you think white people are needed. Its pretty evident you arent.

People that want to help simply ask how they can help. Whites are in no position to dictate how they will help. For one thing you have your own problems to fix which is what you should be focusing on. Whites are the ones that make up the majority of criminals. You are the ones with the drug problem be it legal or illegal. Your girls are dying of anorexia and bulimia. If you want to help with the race issue you need to teach your kids not to be racists and target the members of your society that are racists.

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:
Lets put the shoe on the other foot.
Suppose this was an event for Caucasians and exclusive of other races. And to take it one step further, suppose it was for ALL races 'except' blacks...
What say you?
I would say you were fishing for some kind of confirmation to soothe your hurt feelings that Blacks wouldnt care if you had an all white event to discuss white issues. So now you have tried the high school gambit of inviting everyone except Blacks in hopes that Black people would feel bad.

Forum List

Back