School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races

This is absurd...

Illinois High School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races from Attending

Oak Park and River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois held a “Black Lives Matter” assembly last week, but banned anyone who was not African American from attending. Oak Park is just outside of Chicago.

White students who tried to attend were physically barred from entering the auditorium where the meeting was taking place. Parents of these students said that their children were turned away when they tried to enter.

However, Principal Nathaniel Rouse, who organized the event and is black, is not backing down from his decision to exclude other races. Not only that, but by banning “whites,” he does not feel that he was being “exclusive.”

Illinois High School Holds Black Lives Matter Assembly Ban Other Races from Attending PUNDIT PRESS

Be interesting to see if the principal supports "affinity groups" for whites only excluding blacks.

As a result of the approach taken at the school, Rouse said, the students shared their thoughts about being the only black students in advanced placement classes, having few black teachers, and their feelings about always having to represent their race rather than themselves in classroom discussions.

"Unfortunately, the stories that they shared weren't new to me. They were experiences I had in high school and experiences I had in college," he said.

But knowing the issues, Rouse added, helps school officials address them. For instance, Rouse said he's acutely aware of the lack of black teachers and is working hard to recruit them.

Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.
OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

Like you would be asking such a question if a school in Mississippi had an assembly where it banned black students........

The problem is that the OP wasn't bright enough to read the intext links of the article it posted.

And that is all.
I read it just fine, you just want to the ignore the obvious. A leftist loon I presume

Ignoring the obvious is more in line with your hillbilly BS.

Awwww you are a left loon, you're butt hurt and posting age old BS

Age old as in the primary complaints that have repeatedly been stated as a lack of black teachers and having to represent the black race rather than your personal position? Those? Or perhaps refusing to acknowledge an outline of the principals future agenda?

Awww your head is too far up your ass...

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

It's further division. Let a school have a "White Lives Matter" and exclude blacks. Be honest, what would happen
Nothing would happen. If white people were being shot by Black cops all the time Black people could relate and respect the position of the event being white only.

White people are being shot by cops, perhaps if blacks wouldn't attack cops they wouldn't get shot? Novel idea, eh?

If they held a "white lives matter" and excluded blacks there would be an uproar, you know it and I know it. Stop the charade
No....white people are not being shot by Black cops at the rate white cops are shooting Blacks. Now youre just being silly. Like I said before, If whites were getting shot by Black cops all the time Blacks would understand and there would be no uproar. No one cares if whites have a white only event in response to something that affects only whites. What makes you think there would be an uproar?.

Get informed and get back to me, until then you're just an annoyance. No time for fools
Great deflection. I notice you do that alot when you get schooled.

This is absurd...

Illinois High School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races from Attending

Oak Park and River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois held a “Black Lives Matter” assembly last week, but banned anyone who was not African American from attending. Oak Park is just outside of Chicago.

White students who tried to attend were physically barred from entering the auditorium where the meeting was taking place. Parents of these students said that their children were turned away when they tried to enter.

However, Principal Nathaniel Rouse, who organized the event and is black, is not backing down from his decision to exclude other races. Not only that, but by banning “whites,” he does not feel that he was being “exclusive.”

Illinois High School Holds Black Lives Matter Assembly Ban Other Races from Attending PUNDIT PRESS

Be interesting to see if the principal supports "affinity groups" for whites only excluding blacks.

Mhm, at least someone gets it

The problem is that the OP wasn't bright enough to read the intext links of the article it posted.

And that is all.

So, a person who sees through the double talking excuses a black principle offers for his overt racism is LESS intelligent than the one who marches so thoroughly in lockstep to the drum beat of political correctness that they are incapable?

What's the principal going to do?

This is absurd...

What type of groups? I dont see a rash of white people being shot by Black cops. Lets compare apples to apples shall we?

The whole slogan if "black lives matter" is out there to imply that they, supposedly, don't matter to whites......more specifically white cops.
So whitey tries to reach out a hand.....attempts to hear blacks' grievances......only to pushed away.

Pretty piss-poor race relations
No one asked you to reach out a hand. They were holding an event. Basically you arent needed. If you want to help, direct your efforts towards meeting with your white people and figure out a way to fix things on your end.
That's the entirety if the problem with race relations in this country.
Blacks want rallies and marches and protests so they can be heard.
When whites try to listen, they're told to go away.
:cuckoo:

The whole slogan if "black lives matter" is out there to imply that they, supposedly, don't matter to whites......more specifically white cops.
So whitey tries to reach out a hand.....attempts to hear blacks' grievances......only to pushed away.

No one asked you to reach out a hand. They were holding an event. Basically you arent needed. If you want to help, direct your efforts towards meeting with your white people and figure out a way to fix things on your end.
What would happen if a white pushed himself into the room where the meeting was being held and said he wished to be heard or at least wished to hear what was being said?

It's further division. Let a school have a "White Lives Matter" and exclude blacks. Be honest, what would happen
Nothing would happen. If white people were being shot by Black cops all the time Black people could relate and respect the position of the event being white only.

White people are being shot by cops, perhaps if blacks wouldn't attack cops they wouldn't get shot? Novel idea, eh?

If they held a "white lives matter" and excluded blacks there would be an uproar, you know it and I know it. Stop the charade
No....white people are not being shot by Black cops at the rate white cops are shooting Blacks. Now youre just being silly. Like I said before, If whites were getting shot by Black cops all the time Blacks would understand and there would be no uproar. No one cares if whites have a white only event in response to something that affects only whites. What makes you think there would be an uproar?.

Get informed and get back to me, until then you're just an annoyance. No time for fools

I never got "schooled" I just don't deal with morons such as you that can't see the problem. You chock full of white guilt?

I never got "schooled" I just don't deal with morons such as you that can't see the problem. You chock full of white guilt?

There is going to be an all white kids only meeting or did you miss that?

Whats the problem is that whites actually think Blacks are asking whites to listen. Its a narcissistic issue whites seem to have. Blacks are not having rallies and marches for whites benefits. Who told you that? This event is about a conversation among Black people. Thats why whites are excluded.

I find it ironic that black people will exclude people who might very well agree with them and support their cause because they don't like the color of their skin
I find it ironic you think Black are asking whites to support their cause. Thats a private decision.

If Asdclepias and Disir do wish to combat racism, perhaps they should start combating it rather than displaying that they ten times as racist as anything to which they object.

Some people are simply too stupid to understand a concept, I guess. If racism is wrong, why are they so racist as to wish to ban white kids from a school assembly?

This is absurd...

What type of groups? I dont see a rash of white people being shot by Black cops. Lets compare apples to apples shall we?

how many blacks total were shot by cops last year? Doubtful it was a rash Milkweed

Whats the problem is that whites actually think Blacks are asking whites to listen. Its a narcissistic issue whites seem to have. Blacks are not haveing rallies and marches for whites benefits. Who told you that? This event is about a conversation among Black people. Thats why whites are excluded.
Hey if they don't want whitey to attend then don't have the meeting in a public school

Whats the problem is that whites actually think Blacks are asking whites to listen. Its a narcissistic issue whites seem to have. Blacks are not haveing rallies and marches for whites benefits. Who told you that? This event is about a conversation among Black people. Thats why whites are excluded.
Is this any different than what the KKK wants?

If Asdclepias and Disir do wish to combat racism, perhaps they should start combating it rather than displaying that they ten times as racist as anything to which they object.

Some people are simply too stupid to understand a concept, I guess. If racism is wrong, why are they so racist as to wish to ban white kids from a school assembly?

The principal is going to hold an all white kid only meeting as well. Did you miss that?

Forum List

Back