Schumer's pipe dream, a trial with.....you know.....evidence.

Schumer, Pushing McConnell to Negotiate, Lays Out Plan for Impeachment Trial
The Senate Democratic leader wants to seek testimony from Mick Mulvaney, John Bolton and other White House officials, and subpoena documents the White House has withheld.

WASHINGTON — As the House prepared to make President Trump only the third president in American history to be impeached, the Senate’s top Democrat on Sunday laid out a detailed proposal for a Senate trial “in which all of the facts can be considered fully and fairly” — including subpoenas for documents the White House has withheld and witnesses it has prevented from testifying.

Senator Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader, presented the proposal in a letter to his Republican counterpart, Senator Mitch McConnell, in an opening move to force Republicans to negotiate over the shape and scope of the proceedings. Mr. McConnell had said last week that he was “taking my cues” from the White House, prompting Democrats to accuse him of abandoning his duty to render “impartial justice” in the trial.

In the letter, Mr. Schumer proposed a trial beginning Jan. 7 that would give each side a fixed amount of time to present its case, and called for four top White House officials who have not previously testified — including Mick Mulvaney, Mr. Trump’s acting chief of staff, and John R. Bolton, the president’s former national security adviser — to appear as witnesses.

Mr. Schumer also called for the Senate to subpoena documents that could shed light on the events at the heart of the charges against Mr. Trump: his campaign to enlist Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. And he set forth a specific timetable for each side to present its case, modeled on the one used when President Bill Clinton was tried in 1999. Mr. Clinton’s trial lasted about five weeks.
.....................................................................................................................................
Chuck should know better by now than to think McTurtle has an interest in anything approximating the kind of deliberative trial the Senate is obligated conduct. This is why it was so important for Trump's specious narrative of an unfair process in the House to have been spewed (just as it was equally important to make the similarly, objectively false accusations about the Mueller probe). All the trained seals repeat the sham process lie endlessly and will keep doing so all through the phony process Mitch is about to orchestrate in close consultation with the WH (Mitch has adopted the Trumpian strategy of violating rules, ethics, and law right out in the open). Why does McTreason think he can get away with it? Because he knows from experience The Following will swallow any ball of shit he feeds them. They rather like it.
After what the IG report exposed, a sane nation would terminate the FBI. It’s pretty clear they are terribly corrupt and committed criminal acts, but than the entire federal government is corrupt.

THIS FROM THE PROGRESSIVE GLENN GREENWALD

The Inspector General’s Report on 2016 FBI Spying Reveals a Scandal of Historic Magnitude: Not Only for the FBI but Also the U.S. Media
If you don’t consider FBI lying, concealment of evidence, and manipulation of documents in order to spy on a U.S. citizen in the middle of a presidential campaign to be a major scandal, what is? But none of this is aberrational: the FBI still has its headquarters in a building named after J. Edgar Hoover – who constantly blackmailed elected officials with dossiers and tried to blackmail Martin Luther King into killing himself – because that’s what these security state agencies are. They are out-of-control, virtually unlimited police state factions that lie, abuse their spying and law enforcement powers, and subvert democracy and civic and political freedoms as a matter of course.

In this case, no rational person should allow standard partisan bickering to distort or hide this severe FBI corruption. The IG Report leaves no doubt about it. It’s brimming with proof of FBI subterfuge and deceit, all in service of persuading a FISA court of something that was not true: that U.S. citizen and former Trump campaign official Carter Page was an agent of the Russian government and therefore needed to have his communications surveilled.
The Inspector General’s Report on 2016 FBI Spying Reveals a Scandal of Historic Magnitude: Not Only for the FBI but Also the U.S. Media

After what the IG report exposed, a sane nation would terminate the FBI. It’s pretty clear they are terribly corrupt and committed criminal acts, but than the entire federal government is corrupt.
Let's see if we can keep Greenwald's attention getting, flame throwing about the FBI separate from the impeachment......shall we.

I mean, I know the facts about Trump's actions are the last thing you folks want to talk about but try to keep the attempts at diversion down to a minimum.

It's actually a fairly reasonable text, based, apparently, upon, or even identical to, the rules and procedures as adopted by Republicans in Clinton's trial.

It's either of two things, a setting for a fair trial, or a bargaining chip relying on some moderate GOP Senators willing to vote reasonably at least on the rules and maybe on the witnesses to call before the Senate, and maybe both.

We'll see how that's going to play out. I'd guess, it depends largely on whether or not McConnell is confident to have 51 Senators behind his White House-coordinated spectacle, no ifs or buts. Usually, I'd expect McConnell to rip the guts out of everyone not falling in line. On the other hand, his majority is slim, and 2020 looms large in terms of GOP Senate seats to defend. So, that presents a bit of a pickle, doesn't it?
Piece of fucking cake either way. The House failed to present a case, so cleanest, most honest result is no trial and Roberts sets a directed verdict.

Even better might be to have witnesses and call Biden, Ciaramella, et. al.

The Stalinist democrats need to look at the trial like the dinosaur looked at the asteroid

We're past that now. The 17 witnesses who testified during the House inquiry blew up that canard. Perhaps it's time you deal with reality.

You bed wetters exist in a fantasy land, you are so far removed from reality it's comical.

Not one of those "witnesses" provided evidence of any wrong doing, even if you believe what that bunch of partisan hacks even said.

There would be NOTHING illegal about Trump requesting the Ukrainians re-open an investigation into Biden or his crack head son. Biden clearly committed a crime, he bragged about it. Just because he is running a campaign that is destined to fail makes no difference now.

I'd guess, it depends largely on whether or not McConnell is confident to have 51 Senators behind his White House-coordinated spectacle, no ifs or buts. ?

Yes, how wily and shrewd of Trump to have planted those 14 no-witness "witnesses" before those House Committees, in order to get this spectacle running at full steam!
I admit to being frustrated with the constant refrain there are "no facts" and "no evidence" when the opposite is true.
Have you asked yourself why Trump won't allow the people who presumably could defend him from testifying? If he is innocent as he claims why keep all those people from testifying and why prevent the documents from being handed over?

Not one of those "witnesses" provided evidence of any wrong doing
OK, sorry, but I'm just not going to respond to you any more if all you have to offer is saying black is white.

Let's see if we can keep Greenwald's attention getting, flame throwing about the FBI separate from the impeachment......shall we.

I mean, I know the facts about Trump's actions are the last thing you folks want to talk about but try to keep the attempts at diversion down to a minimum.
No we shall not. It’s clear the FBI committed crimes. They should be terminated, but big government always protects it own.

If Trump had any brains, he would be demanding the resignations of everyone in the FBI.

What happened to the Left? They used to be skeptical of government power, the war machine, the intelligence agencies. Not any more. Trump has broken their brains.

“The moment Senator McConnell takes the oath of impartiality required by the Constitution, he will be in violation of that oath,” Representative Val B. Demings, Democrat of Florida, said on Friday.

At the start of the trial, the Constitution requires the senators to take an oath. Current Senate rules say that oath includes: “I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”

No we shall not. It’s clear the FBI committed crimes. They should be terminated, but big government always protects it own.

If Trump had any brains, he would be demanding the resignations of everyone in the FBI.

What happened to the Left? They used to be skeptical of government power, the war machine, the intelligence agencies. Not any more. Trump has broken their brains.
Sorry, not relevant to the thread.

The Senate Democratic leader wants to seek testimony from Mick Mulvaney, John Bolton and other White House officials, and subpoena documents the White House has withheld.

WASHINGTON — As the House prepared to make President Trump only the third president in American history to be impeached, the Senate’s top Democrat on Sunday laid out a detailed proposal for a Senate trial “in which all of the facts can be considered fully and fairly” — including subpoenas for documents the White House has withheld and witnesses it has prevented from testifying.

Senator Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader, presented the proposal in a letter to his Republican counterpart, Senator Mitch McConnell, in an opening move to force Republicans to negotiate over the shape and scope of the proceedings. Mr. McConnell had said last week that he was “taking my cues” from the White House, prompting Democrats to accuse him of abandoning his duty to render “impartial justice” in the trial.

In the letter, Mr. Schumer proposed a trial beginning Jan. 7 that would give each side a fixed amount of time to present its case, and called for four top White House officials who have not previously testified — including Mick Mulvaney, Mr. Trump’s acting chief of staff, and John R. Bolton, the president’s former national security adviser — to appear as witnesses.

Mr. Schumer also called for the Senate to subpoena documents that could shed light on the events at the heart of the charges against Mr. Trump: his campaign to enlist Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. And he set forth a specific timetable for each side to present its case, modeled on the one used when President Bill Clinton was tried in 1999. Mr. Clinton’s trial lasted about five weeks.
.....................................................................................................................................
Chuck should know better by now than to think McTurtle has an interest in anything approximating the kind of deliberative trial the Senate is obligated conduct. This is why it was so important for Trump's specious narrative of an unfair process in the House to have been spewed (just as it was equally important to make the similarly, objectively false accusations about the Mueller probe). All the trained seals repeat the sham process lie endlessly and will keep doing so all through the phony process Mitch is about to orchestrate in close consultation with the WH (Mitch has adopted the Trumpian strategy of violating rules, ethics, and law right out in the open). Why does McTreason think he can get away with it? Because he knows from experience The Following will swallow any ball of shit he feeds them. They rather like it.
There is no evidence, DOTARD.

BORG TURD 80:

In genuine authentic robot voice

"We must spam USMB"
"We must Troll USMB"
"We must proclaim our love of hairy man butt"
"We will assimilate you."
"Putin is my Noodle"

MITCH MCCONNELL IS 'IN LITERAL VIOLATION OF THE OATH' HE MUST TAKE FOR IMPEACHMENT TRIAL, SAYS GOVERNMENT PROFESSOR
Mitch McConnell is "in literal violation of the oath" he must take for impeachment trial, says government professor

"After Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recently confirmed that he will conduct President Donald Trump's Senate impeachment trial in full accordance with the White House's wishes, a government professor said the senator will be acting "in literal violation of the oath" he will be required to take at the start of the trial.

In recent days, McConnell indicated that he has held discussions with the White House to formulate an impeachment game plan to achieve a favorable outcome for Trump. "Everything I do during this, I'm coordinating with the White House counsel," the senator told Fox News host Sean Hannity late last week. "There will be no difference between the president's position and our position as to how to handle this." The Republican also revealed that he will be working in "total coordination with the White House counsel's office and the people representing the president in the well of the Senate."

McConnell's remarks have drawn fierce criticism from Democrats who have condemned him for failing to act impartially and openly gaming the process to ensure Trump's acquittal. In a recent op-ed written for The Bulwark, Jeffrey K. Tulis, a professor in the Department of Government at the University of Texas, slammed McConnell's actions as "anti-Constitutional" and asserted that the senator will be "in literal violation" of the impeachment oath he will have to take before the trial begins.

Tulis explained that the impeachment trial in the Senate is so serious that senators will be required to make a new oath of office. He noted that Article I, section 3, clause 6 of the Constitution sets out that senators sitting on a trial of impeachment "shall be on Oath or Affirmation."

That’s ridiculous. Your hatred of Donnie has broken your brain.

Think. Think.

“The moment Senator McConnell takes the oath of impartiality required by the Constitution, he will be in violation of that oath,” Representative Val B. Demings, Democrat of Florida, said on Friday.

At the start of the trial, the Constitution requires the senators to take an oath. Current Senate rules say that oath includes: “I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws: So help me God.”
What oath of impartiality did Adolph Schiffler and Nazi Nadler take?

Due process required an impartial moderator be appointed, not those two clowns.

Also, do you use Lube when you have sex with Hillary Clinton's Strap on?

Think. Think.
He's not broken. He is a paid troll. He is here to disrupt discourse and debate.

The left infiltrated the FBI and DOJ decades ago. They were never held accountable for the murder of 81 people in Waco or their cover up efforts.

The left would have no problem sending troops door to door to collect weapons and purge their enemies either, except that most of the troops are their enemies. Serving the country in the military is still an endeavor for patriots, libturds are anti-patriot.

Last edited:
He's not broken. He is a paid troll. He is here to disrupt discourse and debate.

You sure about that?

I would think that if someone were paying him, they would want him to post rational arguments and be persuasive, not sound like a jabbering retard with a wet diaper on living in a basement parroting insipid shit he heard on MSLSD.

Think. Think.
This is a thread on impeachment, not your hatred of the FBI.

Forum List

Back