Scotland Was Allowed To Vote On Secession. Why Can't The American States?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for the Civil War was economics. Conflicts were arising across the country over the slavery issue. The south wanted to continue with free labor after paying an initial price for a human being and further keep any children the slave had as free laborers in-perpetuity. The south didn't believe that non-whites had the same rights as whites.
While there are those who would like for their states to secede, their reason is most likely for the same reason the southern states originally wanted to secede and that is evil.

I got news for you, nimrod, Northerners didn't believe non-whites had the same rights as whites either. In fact, Lincoln himself didn't believe they had the same rights.

No matter what the reason the Southern states wanted to secede, the bottom line is that Lincoln is the one who invaded the South. The South didn't invaded the North. Lincoln wanted war, and that's what he got.

I have a suggestion for all the people who favor the idea of secession. If you fantasize about rebelling against the diabolical oppression of the federal government and starting your own little nation or kingdom or empire or whatever..... just do this: Move to another country, start a secession movement there and see if people like the idea.

I'd rather secede here so I can shoot your ass when you decide to invade.

So anything that isn't specifically allowed is prohibited? Apparently gay marriage is also prohibited, right?

I can't imagine how an issue like gay marriage even begins to compare with the foundation of a confederation of states as a republic.

Make up your mind. Either it has to be explicitly permitted or it doesn't. You want to pick and choose.

I sure that makes perfect sense to a small petulant child.

Translation: you don't want your rule applied to stuff you don't want it applied to. You fully realize your claims are totally irrational, so you hurl ad hominems at anyone who points that out.

Your claim that in principle all things are of the same magnitude, scale and importance is childish.

What difference does the magnitude make? Rules are rules. Either you follow them all the time, or you don't. You know full well you've hoisted yourself on your own petard. You aren't fooling anyone.

I have a suggestion for all the people who favor the idea of secession. If you fantasize about rebelling against the diabolical oppression of the federal government and starting your own little nation or kingdom or empire or whatever..... just do this: Move to another country, start a secession movement there and see if people like the idea.

Sorry but you don't have my permission to dismember my country.

I can't imagine how an issue like gay marriage even begins to compare with the foundation of a confederation of states as a republic.

Make up your mind. Either it has to be explicitly permitted or it doesn't. You want to pick and choose.

Translation: you don't want your rule applied to stuff you don't want it applied to. You fully realize your claims are totally irrational, so you hurl ad hominems at anyone who points that out.

Your claim that in principle all things are of the same magnitude, scale and importance is childish.

What difference does the magnitude make? Rules are rules. Either you follow them all the time, or you don't. You know full well you've hoisted yourself on your own petard. You aren't fooling anyone.

Which rule is that? Where do you see that rule in the Constitution? Is it in a rule book on fair play somewhere? Or do you just make up your own rules as you go along?

The reason for the Civil War was economics. Conflicts were arising across the country over the slavery issue. The south wanted to continue with free labor after paying an initial price for a human being and further keep any children the slave had as free laborers in-perpetuity. The south didn't believe that non-whites had the same rights as whites.
While there are those who would like for their states to secede, their reason is most likely for the same reason the southern states originally wanted to secede and that is evil.

I got news for you, nimrod, Northerners didn't believe non-whites had the same rights as whites either. In fact, Lincoln himself didn't believe they had the same rights.

No matter what the reason the Southern states wanted to secede, the bottom line is that Lincoln is the one who invaded the South. The South didn't invaded the North. Lincoln wanted war, and that's what he got.

Your history is all screwed up, it was the Confederacy who initiated hostilities with no legal justification of any kind.

Your history is all screwed up, it was the Confederacy who initiated hostilities with no legal justification of any kind.

Duh . . . wrong. Lincoln sent a force to resupply Ft Sumter. That was an invasion of NC sovereign territory. Only bootlicking morons swallow the Lincoln propaganda that the Confederacy started the war.

Which rule is that? Where do you see that rule in the Constitution? Is it in a rule book on fair play somewhere? Or do you just make up your own rules as you go along?

It's the rule you just enunciated that whatever isn't expressly permitted by the Constitution is prohibited.

When did you become the owner? You don't own me or anyone else in this country.

]

Duh . . . wrong. Lincoln sent a force to resupply Ft Sumter. That was an invasion of NC sovereign territory. Only bootlicking morons swallow the Lincoln propaganda that the Confederacy started the war.

South wanted to avoid war. Lincoln hated states rights but knew the constitution was founded on it. So he started a war to destroy states rights and he pretty much succeeded. But he never got the constitution changed, though if he had lived he would have. The federal constitution is still very pro states rights and the states need to say that.

America tried it 150 years ago and super-rich corporate lawyer abraham lincoln said. "Screw the will of the public. If states secede there will be less money for me and my cronies to fleece out of the citizenry. Better to have a war that kills 600,000 people."
Fuck you.

Apparently you have no idea what the Constitution looks like. Where is the constitutional provision that allows for secession?

So anything that isn't specifically allowed is prohibited? Apparently gay marriage is also prohibited, right?

Didn't see this pissing match. It's not a matter of comparing issues or the importance of them. It is whether they have been addressed. Secession rules are clear and have been ruled on by the Supreme Court. Gay marriage has not...which is derp...why the request thay make a ruling on it has been brought forth.

“In your mind, any American who wishes to secede from this terribly corrupt and lawless government, should be shot.”

No, any American who believes that 'the government' is 'terribly corrupt' and 'lawless' is factually wrong, and is expressing an errant opinion predicated on partisan hyperbole and fear-mongering, consequently there's no justification to 'secede.'

Moreover, it's un-Constitutional for a state to seek to 'secede' absent the consent of the other 49 states (Texas v. White (1869)).

The United States is not a 'collection' of states, it's a single Republic with every American a citizen of that Republic, where one's state of residence is irrelevant. We are one Nation, indivisible, and each American is a member of that same, single Nation that cannot be ended merely at the whim of a capricious, ill-informed minority.

:clap2:

You don't know any history at all do you. You really are a very stupid little man.

]

South wanted to avoid war. Lincoln hated states rights but knew the constitution was founded on it. So he started a war to destroy states rights and he pretty much succeeded. But he never got the constitution changed, though if he had lived he would have. The federal constitution is still very pro states rights and the states need to say that.
Based on these amazing insights I'd be very surprised if some foundation hadn't already offered funding for you to start your own constitutional law think tank.

You don't know any history at all do you. You really are a very stupid little man.

HAHAHA. All the liberals ever have is namecalling. HAHA

When did you become the owner? You don't own me or anyone else in this country.
I became the owner right about the time dummies like you thought it would be a good idea to break this nation apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back