Scott Walker On Evolution: 'I Am Going To Punt On That One'

LONDON -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Wednesday dodged a question about whether he believes in evolution.

Speaking at the Chatham House foreign policy think tank London, Walker was asked: "Are you comfortable with the idea of evolution? Do you believe in it?"

"For me, I am going to punt on that one as well," he said. "That's a question politicians shouldn't be involved in one way or another. I am going to leave that up to you. I'm here to talk about trade not to pontificate about evolution."

More: Scott Walker Dodges Question On Whether He Believes In Evolution

Punt? Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question. It sounds like you've already signaled that you don't believe in evolution. What about global warming?
After having been caught violating his marriage with a kneeling intern, you and people like you all proclaimed that Clinton's ability to do the job of President was not affected by his whoring.

In a world that has the world burning in many places and economies that are faltering, the only real answers the left have is to push phony controversy as they have had their asses handed to them on every issue of serious merit we face today.

Good on Scott Walker. I don't think he or those who support him give two shits what the left think.

I don't recall President Clinton passing any "whoring" laws or appointing/nominating any "whores" to any positions of power. Do you?

Does anyone honestly believe that Scott Walker could win the General Election? I and everyone I know hate his guts. He is against all things we hold dear.

Evolution directly relates to religion - so why wouldn't that be a valid question? Don't we care about the religious beliefs of our presidents? Sure we do...

Evolution directly relates to religion - so why wouldn't that be a valid question? Don't we care about the religious beliefs of our presidents? Sure we do...

And the far left continues to show they do not believe in evolution, it is just a key word for them to use..

I don't see the relevance of the question. I do see relevance in asking how slashing education is going to lead to more people with degrees. We don't need nor want low wage workers or low wage jobs. There's too many already. Education is the ony realistic shot at property.

I don't see the relevance of the question. I do see relevance in asking how slashing education is going to lead to more people with degrees. We don't need nor want low wage workers or low wage jobs. There's too many already. Education is the ony realistic shot at property.

Maybe the unions could take less money and actually focus on education instead of political campaigns and giving the far left money?

Maybe the unions could take less money and actually focus on education instead of political campaigns and giving the far left money?

Would you bitch if unions gave their money to far right political campaigns?

LONDON -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Wednesday dodged a question about whether he believes in evolution.

Speaking at the Chatham House foreign policy think tank London, Walker was asked: "Are you comfortable with the idea of evolution? Do you believe in it?"

"For me, I am going to punt on that one as well," he said. "That's a question politicians shouldn't be involved in one way or another. I am going to leave that up to you. I'm here to talk about trade not to pontificate about evolution."

Punt? Well, Scotty, if you have any serious hope of becoming president - you'll have to answer that question. It sounds like you've already signaled that you don't believe in evolution. What about global warming?
What difference does it make if he believes in evolution or not? Or is this just another attempt to embarass him?
His answer was great. Glad to see a candidate with some modesty who doesnt think he knows everything.

After having been caught violating his marriage with a kneeling intern, you and people like you all proclaimed that Clinton's ability to do the job of President was not affected by his whoring.

In a world that has the world burning in many places and economies that are faltering, the only real answers the left have is to push phony controversy as they have had their asses handed to them on every issue of serious merit we face today.

Good on Scott Walker. I don't think he or those who support him give two shits what the left think.

I don't recall President Clinton passing any "whoring" laws or appointing/nominating any "whores" to any positions of power. Do you?
I also don't recall the left caring at all that his personal beliefs and conduct mattered to his doing the job he was elected to do.

Evolution is not important to doing the job of the President, nor are the Presidents beliefs on evolution germane to running the country.

So, be a man and accept that you've been called out on a nonsense divisive issue that has no meaning with regard to the office of President.

Morale character IS a legitimate concern. Disagreeing with your fallacies is NOT a moral character flaw.

ETA: Oh, I see your problem now. You think that Presidents pass legislation. I should have known.

left wingers are such a joke.

What difference does it make if he believes in evolution or not? Or is this just another attempt to embarass him?
His answer was great. Glad to see a candidate with some modesty who doesnt think he knows everything.

Do you think his answer would fly during General Election debates?

I must admit that I don't believe in Evolution. It's a fantastic theory of course and is a very powerful way of understanding natural processes but when one asks most people about Evolution they usually talk about humans being apes. Shows a lack of understanding of both Evolution as a theory and the nature of Science in general. May as well ask "Do you believe in Newtonian Physics.

Greg
See now I know that I would not vote for you if you ever ran for President. So it's a great question to ask!

Actually, what gtopa1 has expressed is the most accurate way to perceive Science. One shouldn't believe in scientific theories because that changes Science into faithwhich it is not.

What gtopa1 is saying is that the modern theories regarding evolution are the best explanations of the currently observable and available information. Because theories in the physical sciences can never be proved to be True (capital T), all they can ever be are theories.

Science is not a belief system but a discipline which attempts to mitigate human error and bias in its search for aligning human perception as closely as it can to common reality.

Forum List

Back