Scott Walker thinks doctors should lie to women to prevent abortions

You don't get to bitch about poverty when you are against raising the minimum wage.

On the other hand, those of us who are thoughtful can indeed be concerned about poverty and still be against raising the minimum wage. Perhaps if you were thoughtful as well you'd realize that poverty vs raising the minimum wage is a false dilemma.

Actions speak louder than words.

And? What is your point here? Spell it out clearly.

--LOL

like that is going to happen

--LOL

Apparently, you two dummies can't comprehend what you read.
If you can't explain your point then you would be the dummy.

Okay Einstein, you said that poverty is higher because of the higher minimum wage. I just showed you that the lowest paying state in the country has the highest amount of poverty.

Holy shit, you're a moron.
You're committing more fallacies than you know.
You ae looking at absolute wages at a moment in time. That doesnt really tell you anything. Look at wage growth instead. You'll find for example that Texas is the third fastest wage growth state in the country.
The States With the Fastest-Growing Wages Are Controlled by Republicans Coincidence - The Atlantic

Texas minimum wage $7.25

Gini Coefficient: 0.474
Median Income: $47,475 (22nd Lowest)
Households Earning $200,000+: 3.83% (16th Highest)
Population Living Below Poverty Line: 17.20% (8th Highest)

Texas has the largest percentage of its population falling either below the poverty line or making more than $200,000 a year, relative to the other states. Just over 21% of the state's population falls into one of these two camps, although most fall into the former group. According to an article from the St. Petersburg Times' PolitiFact.com, Texas had a GINI index of 0.37 in 1970, which increased to 0.42 in 1990, and is now 0.474, implying increasing long-term income inequality.

See more information at 24/7 Wall Street.

While most of the nation has seen very little change in income levels and poverty rates, several states, including Texas, actually came out on the losing end of last year's income inequality numbers.

Thursday, the United States Census Bureau released the 2013 community survey that dives into the statistics for local income across the country.

The report finds that Texas and 14 other states saw a significant rise in income inequality. This means people who are on the higher end of the income spectrum saw an increase in earnings and those on the lower end grew very little or saw no change.

According to a Houston Chronicle report, also released on Thursday, the Census Bureau data shows that the 2013 median household income for the Houston metropolitan area was not statiscally different from a year after the Great Recession. The current average household income for the region is $57,366. However, the report notes, the percentage of Houston households earning more than $200,000 actually grew last year compared to any other group in the metro area.

Texas income inequality gap continues to grow - Houston Chronicle

perhaps you should get help with math

--LOL

Really?

The real minimum wage below is in RED:

minwage.jpg

Actually, charts like this are floating all over the cyber spaces, using all kinds of figures of the nominal minimum wage. The odd thing, though, is that this one implies a particularly low nominal minimum wage, compared to most of the other charts.

It is a factual representation of the federal minimum wage.
LOL! No, it isnt. You understand that, right?

The blue line represents the nominal federal minimum wage. Cite the points on the chart where it is wrong.
It isnt. ANd it shows the min wage is higher than it's ever been. Which is contradicts your original point.
Thanks for proving you were wrong. I hardly need to post anything and eventually you undermine your own arguments.

the prezbo is in the midst of creating

the biggest mess the world has ever seen

Yes, like 5.4 unemployment.

you can shove your phony unemployment rate

where the sun dont shine

Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers prove it

The reason? Quality of life is poor. Starting at the very bottom, poverty levels point to stagnation. In January 2009 the poverty rate stood at 14.3 per cent. It rose to around 15 per cent and then fell back down in 2013 to 14.5 per cent (but the actual number of those in poverty remained the same from 2012). Things are worse for black Americans, whose poverty rate has risen in that same period from 25.8 per cent to 27.2 per cent.

Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers prove it - Telegraph

I'm sorry, you don't get to bitch about poverty and at the same time be against raising the minimum wage.
Dunderhead, poverty is higher BECAUSE of the higher min wage. Do you not get this?

The minimum wage is not higher.

Try living on $1.25 an hour.
You just showed the min wage is higher. Even posted a graph to do so. Make up your mind.

--LOL

like that is going to happen

--LOL

Okay Einstein, you said that poverty is higher because of the higher minimum wage. I just showed you that the lowest paying state in the country has the highest amount of poverty.

You ae looking at absolute wages at a moment in time. That doesnt really tell you anything. Look at wage growth instead. You'll find for example that Texas is the third fastest wage growth state in the country.
The States With the Fastest-Growing Wages Are Controlled by Republicans Coincidence - The Atlantic

Texas minimum wage $7.25

Texas has the largest percentage of its population falling either below the poverty line or making more than $200,000 a year, relative to the other states. Just over 21% of the state's population falls into one of these two camps, although most fall into the former group. According to an article from the St. Petersburg Times' PolitiFact.com, Texas had a GINI index of 0.37 in 1970, which increased to 0.42 in 1990, and is now 0.474, implying increasing long-term income inequality.

While most of the nation has seen very little change in income levels and poverty rates, several states, including Texas, actually came out on the losing end of last year's income inequality numbers.

Thursday, the United States Census Bureau released the 2013 community survey that dives into the statistics for local income across the country.

The report finds that Texas and 14 other states saw a significant rise in income inequality. This means people who are on the higher end of the income spectrum saw an increase in earnings and those on the lower end grew very little or saw no change.

According to a Houston Chronicle report, also released on Thursday, the Census Bureau data shows that the 2013 median household income for the Houston metropolitan area was not statiscally different from a year after the Great Recession. The current average household income for the region is $57,366. However, the report notes, the percentage of Houston households earning more than $200,000 actually grew last year compared to any other group in the metro area.

And? Or are you moving goalposts again because I refuted your point? Say "yes."

the prezbo is in the midst of creating

the biggest mess the world has ever seen

where the sun dont shine

The reason? Quality of life is poor. Starting at the very bottom, poverty levels point to stagnation. In January 2009 the poverty rate stood at 14.3 per cent. It rose to around 15 per cent and then fell back down in 2013 to 14.5 per cent (but the actual number of those in poverty remained the same from 2012). Things are worse for black Americans, whose poverty rate has risen in that same period from 25.8 per cent to 27.2 per cent.

I'm sorry, you don't get to bitch about poverty and at the same time be against raising the minimum wage.

fuck you

i can post whatever the hell i want

dumb asses like you think raising the minimum wage

raises folks out of poverty

--LOL

really making a guaranteed 8.50 gets one out of poverty

how absurd

--LOL

Minimum wage should be higher than $8.50. You don't get to bitch about poverty when you are against raising the minimum wage. And every time I see you bitch about it, I'm going to point out the fact that you're a moron.

once again fuck you loser

where the sun dont shine

fuck you

--LOL

how absurd

--LOL

Minimum wage should be higher than $8.50. You don't get to bitch about poverty when you are against raising the minimum wage. And every time I see you bitch about it, I'm going to point out the fact that you're a moron.

Once again, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

where the sun dont shine

fuck you

--LOL

how absurd

--LOL

Once again, your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

--LOL

no not really

your lies are just getting old and boring

get some new material

Texas minimum wage $7.25

No goalposts were moved. You're just having trouble following the conversation. Your link says nothing about minimum wage or poverty. You link talks about fast growing wages, but doesn't say for who. It's certainly not the bottom half.

Texas minimum wage $7.25

No goalposts were moved. You're just having trouble following the conversation. Your link says nothing about minimum wage or poverty. You link talks about fast growing wages, but doesn't say for who. It's certainly not the bottom half.
Of course you did, moron. First you talk about income. I show that TX has among the fastest rising incomes in the country. So now you want to deflect to inequality because your first point fell flat.
You are transparent as toilet paper in the bowl. And about as bright.

Texas minimum wage $7.25

Of course you did, moron. First you talk about income. I show that TX has among the fastest rising incomes in the country. So now you want to deflect to inequality because your first point fell flat.

old and stale

Texas minimum wage $7.25

The minimum wage in Texas is $7.25. That wage is not growing, Doofus.

Texas minimum wage $7.25

Wow. You went for the stupid and caught it. What does it mean "wages in Texas are rising faster than almost every other state"?

Texas minimum wage $7.25

That wage is not growing

in 2007 it was 5.85 an hour

so using simple math it is growing

Texas minimum wage $7.25

Wow. You went for the stupid and caught it. What does it mean "wages in Texas are rising faster than almost every other state"?

Idiot, your biased link is talking about the oil industry, not low wage earners. Prove low wage earners are earning more in any of those states.

Idiot, your biased link is talking about the oil industry, not low wage earners. Prove low wage earners are earning more in any of those states.
The link is about "wages" dumbshit. Not the oil industry. And again you are deflecting, this time to "low wage earners." You are a total failure. Why you arent too embarassed to post here is beyond me. I'd kill myself if I were as stupid as you.

Forum List

Back