SCOTUS leaker unlikely to be convicted (Not classified information)

Justice Alioto has the Intellectual rights (pointed out in the link you continually ignore) to his unpublished DRAFT that was supposed to be later revised and circulated to other justices as they add their thoughts of the case to it before a final document is developed and signed by all the Justices which takes weeks to complete the entire time it is UNPUBLISHED material that is moving around out of sight from the Public view since such activities are not subject to public view that is why it isn't in Public Domain yet because it part of official government activities of sensitive legal argument only they participate in.

:laughing0301:

Listen skippy, yo have no idea what you are talking about. You're pretty much just making up as you go along. I, on the other hand, eat, live, and breathe this stuff. Copyright law is at the center of my work and my ability to make money off my work.

There are exactly zero (and by "zero" I mean ZERO) scenarios where ownership of a copyright depends on a work being published. There are exactly zero (and by "zero" I mean ZERO) scenarios where a work being in the public domain depends on the work being published.

Also, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Alito to EVER own the copyrights to ANYTHING he writes in his capacity as a Justice of the Supreme Court.

Meaning it's all but meaningless. Until you file, you are not protected. Not disagreeing.

Not quite. You own the copyrights to any creative work you create, the moment you create it. And that, on its own, is very important. But the degree of your protections is different when you register your copyright.

See, registration does not create your copyright. You aren't registering the work and asking for a copyright (which is what you do with a patent). You are registering your copyrights to the work with the copyright office, as a sort of public notice. Registration provides both procedural and statutory benefits. One of the biggest, most important benefits is that it creates a presumption that your claimed copyright is valid. So, if you ever have to take the matter to court, the court will assume your copyright is valid without the need to present anymore evidence than showing the certificate. This presumption, however, can be rebutted and an opposing party will be allowed to present evidence that they were the original creator or otherwise were the lawful owner of the rights at the time of the alleged infringement. Another important benefit to registration is the option for statutory damages. Normally, an infringer is liable to a rights holder for actual damages. So, if I infringe your work and I make $100, you can sue me for $100. If you can prove that my infringement deprived you of $1000 (perhaps that's the normal licensing fee that you charged in the past) then you can sue me for $1000. But if you timely registered your copyright, you can opt for statutory damages instead of actual damages. Not only does this up the ante to as much as $150,000 per infringement off the bat, but it circumvents what can be a very difficult procedural matter in determining the amount of actual damages.

Besides the former prosecutor, this law professor disagrees with the USMB nickname.
Why can't these law people read message boards? Jeez:

And a whole lot more qualified experts have said yes a crime was committed. But stick with your one leftard hack. You enjoy crime because it’s your side doing the illegal acts.

Seriously, you really have no idea what you're talking about. The draft isn't copyright protected. There is no copyright. It is public domain. Period.
Wrong as usual. If it’s hasn’t been published it is not public domain. By your standards I can break into Stephen King’s home, steal a manuscript he’s working on, leak it to a “reporter” who publishes it and nothing can be done to me. See how stupid you sound now?

We will end up what you do. Castro and Che came to power because of corrupted politics and politicians and crazy agendas. Biden is as bad as they come. Him being installed into the White House has shown us all the true scumbag he is. The whole Prog party watching citizens suffer and doing nothing to curtail it with dufus voters who may still be mesmerized by their one liners and insults towards others.
Castro and Che huh? You're Nutz.

It's not illegal when lefties to do illegal things, it is only illegal when righties do.

Wrong as usual. If it’s hasn’t been published it is not public domain. By your standards I can break into Stephen King’s home, steal a manuscript he’s working on, leak it to a “reporter” who publishes it and nothing can be done to me. See how stupid you sound now?

Uh, what? No, that's not even close to the same scenario. Anything Stephen King writes is protected by copyright. Whether it's published or not, King still owns the copyrights to it.

But something the government writes is public domain. Once again, it doesn't matter if it's published or not.

It's not illegal when lefties to do illegal things, it is only illegal when righties do them.

Forum List

Back