SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

It also ruled that slaves were property.

Yep:

"In Dred Scott v. Sandford (argued 1856 -- decided 1857), the Supreme Court ruled that Americans of African descent, whether free or slave, were not American citizens and could not sue in federal court. The Court also ruled that Congress lacked power to ban slavery in the U.S. territories. Finally, the Court declared that the rights of slaveowners were constitutionally protected by the Fifth Amendment because slaves were categorized as property." ~ The Supreme Court . The First Hundred Years . Landmark Cases . Dred Scott v. Sandford 1857 PBS

Which prompted the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments in 1865, directly overturning their decision as not inline with "we the peoples" opinion.

If anti-SSM folks think ya'll have the peeps, feel free to go for a constitutional amendment to overturn this SCOUS decision.
I never cared if homosexuals got that piece of paper. I cared about how they went about it. This was the most stupid way. They fucked state rights and their own choices to get something they would have got eventually anyway.

Which was their right.
No actually it isn't a right to marry it is a privilege.

It was their right to petition the courts for relief. That is the right of every American citizen.
that doesnt make it smart.

Sister, Dad, Mom, Son, Brother, Twin

All fair game
24td3t.jpg
It a not up to you what a dad and a legal aged daughter do in the privacy of the bedroom.
You can't say their love isn't real.
They have just as much right to marry as you do

Why let the law stop your love?
What law can?

Links to be found at all major news outlets. Would be interesting to read all 9 decisions.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

this is the only decision you need

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions
5-4 decision, authored by Justice Kennedy. Represents a TECHTONIC shift in juristic thinking in the USA.

In, 2004, incumbent Pres. Bush ran on a platform advocating a constitutional amendment to ban SSM. Now, such an amendment would be a very, very heavy lift.

/14pdf/14-556_3204.pdf

i don't think it reflects a shift in judicial thinking... i think it represents a shift in societal thinking.

based on loving v virginia, this is the decision which the court had to issue
Hey, thanks for the links.

And you may be right about juristic vs societal thinking.

sometimes society is ahead of the courts. sometimes the courts move society (as it did with brown v bd of ed). and sometimes society and the court hit the same place at the same time.

Decision based on the Fourteenth Amendment.

Awesome day for civil rights in America.

The male choir singing "America the Beautiful" on the SCOTUS steps sounded terrific!

Regards from Rosie
My dearest 11001100, I have missed you. Now my algorithms are all a twitter!

Yours in big, thick, solid digits,

RosieS

don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

The only law that ultimately matters is God's law.

It's the only true law, and, while I'm here on this Earth I will continue to live by it and support it.

You rest your faith in man, and I say, good luck with that.

Guess what now a state has to recognize your union.... Congrats... Fucking shame you had to piss on MY FREEDOMS to get it.
What freedoms of yours got "pissed on"? The freedom to be a jack wagon? You've still got that.
The freedom the shape my own state government... But dont worry at least you get the illusion that people will see you are truly;y married.... Fucking gullible idiot.

So you lost nothing!

You do not have the right to discriminate, and the court has ruled against those like you.

I hope the next decision by the supreme court is to BAN ABORTION. Because that is Discrimination of the UNBORN:banana:

Breaking news.

Links later, am traveling.

Nutter heads are exploding all over the country.
Quite possibly.

Pacific Trade Pact
Obamacare
Gay Marriage
Confederate battle flag under heavy scrutiny.

All in one week.

BOOM!

Don't forget the catastrophic natural disasters coming soon to a neighborhood near you. The writing on the wall has been visible the past 6 1/2 years and will now be etched in flaming letters. God help this sick, sorry, depraved country. I pray that Sodom and Gomorrah be visited upon this nation with the harhest punishment. I'm ready to go.

I can't wait for the religious right to pin the next natural disaster on the gays

don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

The only law that ultimately matters is God's law.

It's the only true law, and, while I'm here on this Earth I will continue to live by it and support it.

You rest your faith in man, and I say, good luck with that.

Let God worry about it

I suspect he is not too upset

The marriage issue is a Trojan Horse.

What this ruling really means is that the Government has expanded the roles of people who will be eligible for entitlements.

All the Debt Serfs and Tax Donkeys must support the Democrat Identity Politics Coalition.

And I say this as someone who doesn't care who marries whom. Marriage shouldn't be the government's business. Entitlements connected with Marriage drag the government into the bedroom. Why the Left wants this intrusion is quite laughable.
You don't mind it when you received the entitlement...

This will be interesting the next few years when the Social Conservatives discover their close minded way of thinking is no longer accepted in this country.

You will have red meat states like Tejas and Bama ( Texas and Alabama ) that will try to defy the court ruling, but in the end Same sex couples will be able to be treated equal as they should be.

Now it make me wonder what will be the Social Conservatives next victim they will focus on seeing they can no longer discriminate against someone because of their religion, sex, race or sexual preference?

It also make wonder how many of those Social Conservatives will finally come out of the closet and admit they had a gay thought and liked it?
give it about a decade and the Con-servatives will claim it was all their idea in the first place.
Yeah. Just like integration and abortion.
Integration...yep...Abortion, not yet...but it will.

No surprise, I fully expected this decision, and that it would be pretty split.
Doesn't change anything in my life, I still define a marriage as the joining of two persons of the opposite sex, and I will not personally recognize anything else as a marriage.
I am sure gay people all over the nation are aghast that they will not receive your approval. Many will simply give up the fight if you will not support them.
Of course not. Now multiply that by millions of neighbors, coworkers and associates. Since one of the major goals of the perverts was acceptance, removal of stigma and unity, one more rejection isn't going to help.

Breaking news.

Quite possibly.

Pacific Trade Pact
Obamacare
Gay Marriage

All in one week.

BOOM!

Don't forget the catastrophic natural disasters coming soon to a neighborhood near you. The writing on the wall has been visible the past 6 1/2 years and will now be etched in flaming letters. God help this sick, sorry, depraved country. I pray that Sodom and Gomorrah be visited upon this nation with the harhest punishment. I'm ready to go.

I can't wait for the religious right to pin the next natural disaster on the gays

I thought they were all Bush's fault

You did draw that comparison. I have read similar posts by you in the past. You want to back off now, fine. I am sure the floodgates argument was made 50 years ago when Loving was decided. It was ignorant then and remains an ignorant argument. What I see is you claiming that because gay people are now allowed to enter into committed relationships, the country will suffer. That is hate in its most basic form

I didn't draw the comparison in my post, however, I will say, unnatural and immoral sexual relations are what they are..... you can say my belief is hate but I can say your belief is hate as well -

Ignorance goes both ways, and just because you "say so" doesn't make it so. This is such a lame tactic used all the time.. people can see if from a mile away.....

When the country does suffer (and it is already) it won't seem so hateful...but then again the world is going down in a downward spiral, and people will cling to their erroneous beliefs as they go down the tubes.

I won't back off or stop - I'm not sure why you thought I wanted to or would....
I don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

It's amazing to me that someone running for president could freely say they were opposed to same sex marriage just a handful of years ago, but now if you dared to say you were opposed, you would be branded a bigot, and you would be shunned. It's a good thing Obama "evolved" or you guys apparently would have ran him out of D.C. on a rail in 2012.

Conservatards rejoice!

You have something new to whine about now.

Enjoy your day.

Guess what now a state has to recognize your union.... Congrats... Fucking shame you had to piss on MY FREEDOMS to get it.
What freedoms of yours got "pissed on"? The freedom to be a jack wagon? You've still got that.
The freedom the shape my own state government... But dont worry at least you get the illusion that people will see you are truly;y married.... Fucking gullible idiot.

So you lost nothing!

You do not have the right to discriminate, and the court has ruled against those like you.

I hope the next decision by the supreme court is to BAN ABORTION. Because that is Discrimination of the UNBORN:banana:

They ruled on that one 40 years ago

Breaking news.

Quite possibly.

Pacific Trade Pact
Obamacare
Gay Marriage

All in one week.

BOOM!

I thought they were all Bush's fault
You can think?

:D

This will be interesting the next few years when the Social Conservatives discover their close minded way of thinking is no longer accepted in this country.

You will have red meat states like Tejas and Bama ( Texas and Alabama ) that will try to defy the court ruling, but in the end Same sex couples will be able to be treated equal as they should be.

Now it make me wonder what will be the Social Conservatives next victim they will focus on seeing they can no longer discriminate against someone because of their religion, sex, race or sexual preference?

It also make wonder how many of those Social Conservatives will finally come out of the closet and admit they had a gay thought and liked it?
give it about a decade and the Con-servatives will claim it was all their idea in the first place.
Yeah. Just like integration and abortion.
Integration...yep...Abortion, not yet...but it will.
Did you know it was democrats that wanted segregation???? I am sure they will never treat the 1% of people like you like they did the blacks , Jews and Japanese..... LMAO gullible tool

A total federalistic, tyrannical government.
The federal government is systematically chipping away at State's rights.
We answer ONLY to the Executive and Judicial branches.
The Legislative branch has been castrated

So you lost nothing!

They ruled on that one 40 years ago
They were wrong there as well.

Since the supreme court today can do anything they like

We NEED TO START gearing up to put banning abortion back in front of them

Forum List

Back