SCOTUS: states cannot ban same sex marriage

You did draw that comparison. I have read similar posts by you in the past. You want to back off now, fine. I am sure the floodgates argument was made 50 years ago when Loving was decided. It was ignorant then and remains an ignorant argument. What I see is you claiming that because gay people are now allowed to enter into committed relationships, the country will suffer. That is hate in its most basic form

I didn't draw the comparison in my post, however, I will say, unnatural and immoral sexual relations are what they are..... you can say my belief is hate but I can say your belief is hate as well -

Ignorance goes both ways, and just because you "say so" doesn't make it so. This is such a lame tactic used all the time.. people can see if from a mile away.....

When the country does suffer (and it is already) it won't seem so hateful...but then again the world is going down in a downward spiral, and people will cling to their erroneous beliefs as they go down the tubes.

I won't back off or stop - I'm not sure why you thought I wanted to or would....
I don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

It's amazing to me that someone running for president could freely say they were opposed to same sex marriage just a handful of years ago, but now if you dared to say you were opposed, you would be branded a bigot, and you would be shunned. It's a good thing Obama "evolved" or you guys apparently would have ran him out of D.C. on a rail in 2012.

All of America evolved

It is amazing how quickly opinions changed....Why does it take Republicans so long to catch on?

Homosexuals need to understand that allowing people to marry goats does nothing to mar the sanctity of their own "marriage". You would think they would be a little sensitive to this issue since they were so recently victimized.

don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

The only law that ultimately matters is God's law.

It's the only true law, and, while I'm here on this Earth I will continue to live by it and support it.

You rest your faith in man, and I say, good luck with that.

Let God worry about it

I suspect he is not too upset

Only evidence you don't know God. He cares. If not, he would not be God. Yet, we are here to live for him, so, sitting on hands is not the answer...

Let me check...

Hey GOD

If you oppose Same Sex Marriage......Hit me with a lightning bolt!

6254943_f260.jpg

don't care whether you back off or not. You do not matter. Folks who think like you do not matter. It is done. Marriage equality is the law and will remain the law. Soon, gay people will be protected from bigots like you firing them, or refusing to rent to them or refusing service to them. And you cannot do a damn thing about it. Except, spread your hate here.

It's the only true law, and, while I'm here on this Earth I will continue to live by it and support it.

Let God worry about it

Only evidence you don't know God. He cares. If not, he would not be God. Yet, we are here to live for him, so, sitting on hands is not the answer...

Let me check...

Hey GOD

Even Jesus knew not to test God

People need to bring back banning abortion in front of these Masters, I mean the Supremes

they can change their mind and interpret thing however they want.

I hope that's next

God's law? Which God? See, that is the problem. There is no agreement on what God would want. She gave conflicting messages. And, you will actually abide by man's law. Or pay the price. You live in a state that bans discrimination against gay people you will not discriminate.

There's no agreement as to God because there is no more agreement. There is no agreement because the country is no longer united.

Some simply believe the definition of marriage is two persons of the opposite sex.

some use to simply believe that marriage was between a white man and a white woman....NO NEGROES ALLOWED TO MARRY WHITES...its unnatural they said

If God had wanted the races to mix, he wouldn't have placed them on different continents

I don't hate gays. It's just not a real marriage - and it's chipping away at the strength of our nation.

Where chaos rules; nations fail.
Why is same sex marriage not seen by you as a 'real marriage'? Do you think that the commitment to marriage is not real? The love of the partners is not real? The benefits and advantages and protections of the marriage contract not real? What is 'not real' here?

Let God worry about it

Let me check...

Hey GOD

6254943_f260.jpg

5 minutes and nothing happened

I don't think God is that pissed about this Gay Marriage stuff

So who is surprised this court who consistently pisses on the constitution pisses on it once more? Not me. Now all you homosexuals can now start doing what your progressives masters want of you and start suing churches and kill more freedoms..... Fucking retards.
Care for a Con-federate flag crying towel?
I am not democrat stupid so why the fuck would I cry into their flag?
You aren't very bright are you. The Con-federates were not Democrats...educate yourself with a map of the 1860 election...the Democrats did not win ONE, not ONE single, Southern state that then seceded. Not one.
If you are going to be the useful idiot tool for the democrat party learn its history moron.
Here...learn yourself:

http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/national.php?year=1860

There are the facts...but I honestly don't expect you to admit the truth.....your kind never does.

Its not like the Supreme Court hasn't ruled on other shit. Hell slavery was abolished against states wishes too. There's been a slew of crap that the Federal Gov. has "forced" upon the states since the very beginning. No more "constitutional state's right's" have been lost here, than in any other thing that came up. That's what the SCOUS does; decides shit like this...
It also ruled that slaves were property.

Yep:

"In Dred Scott v. Sandford (argued 1856 -- decided 1857), the Supreme Court ruled that Americans of African descent, whether free or slave, were not American citizens and could not sue in federal court. The Court also ruled that Congress lacked power to ban slavery in the U.S. territories. Finally, the Court declared that the rights of slaveowners were constitutionally protected by the Fifth Amendment because slaves were categorized as property." ~ The Supreme Court . The First Hundred Years . Landmark Cases . Dred Scott v. Sandford 1857 PBS

Which prompted the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments in 1865, directly overturning their decision as not inline with "we the peoples" opinion.

If anti-SSM folks think ya'll have the peeps, feel free to go for a constitutional amendment to overturn this SCOUS decision.
I never cared if homosexuals got that piece of paper. I cared about how they went about it. This was the most stupid way. They fucked state rights and their own choices to get something they would have got eventually anyway.
How else should we have "gone about it"? Had a civil war? We followed the law. Why is that so horrible for you? Do you hate our way of government THAT much? OR are you just a whiner when you don't get your way?

Sure God cares. She is embarrass that hateful folks like you blame her for your ignorance and bigotry. She wants you to STFU.

I appreciate your intellectual and well thought out response ;)
You are not capable of appreciating anything intellectual. And my response did not need to be well thought out; it was an obvious response to a bigot using God to justify their hatred of God's creations.

You voted for a bigot in '08.

Its not like the Supreme Court hasn't ruled on other shit. Hell slavery was abolished against states wishes too. There's been a slew of crap that the Federal Gov. has "forced" upon the states since the very beginning. No more "constitutional state's right's" have been lost here, than in any other thing that came up. That's what the SCOUS does; decides shit like this...
It also ruled that slaves were property.

Yep:

"In Dred Scott v. Sandford (argued 1856 -- decided 1857), the Supreme Court ruled that Americans of African descent, whether free or slave, were not American citizens and could not sue in federal court. The Court also ruled that Congress lacked power to ban slavery in the U.S. territories. Finally, the Court declared that the rights of slaveowners were constitutionally protected by the Fifth Amendment because slaves were categorized as property." ~ The Supreme Court . The First Hundred Years . Landmark Cases . Dred Scott v. Sandford 1857 PBS

Which prompted the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments in 1865, directly overturning their decision as not inline with "we the peoples" opinion.

If anti-SSM folks think ya'll have the peeps, feel free to go for a constitutional amendment to overturn this SCOUS decision.
I never cared if homosexuals got that piece of paper. I cared about how they went about it. This was the most stupid way. They fucked state rights and their own choices to get something they would have got eventually anyway.

Which was their right.
No actually it isn't a right to marry it is a privilege.
Several Supreme Court decisions over the decades disagree with you....but continue whining.

5 minutes and nothing happened

I don't think God is that pissed about this Gay Marriage stuff

Oh? You get to decide when it's appropriate or the "right time" for God to act? You must be pretty powerful. Do people worship you?

As I said in my own thread, "Swell. Now I can marry a man in Missouri...Anbd then be evicted from my apartment of 16 years, fired from a job, and refused employment at a new job while living under a freeway in a cardboard box with my new husband." :)
The courts struck down state laws against interracial marriages but it took a long time for people to accept interracial marriages as just marriage.. It will take a while before same sex marriage, gay marriage, and heterosexual marriage are recognized as just "marriage".

Forum List

Back