Season 5, Game of Thrones

i got caught up......why am i having trouble with the concept of killing the dead.....o well....and if one more person says to me....

"i have read all 5 books and they are still going with the books" i will scream......

There's no reason to expect the giant, or anyone else who jumped into the water, to live. Lest we forget, this takes place in a frozen wasteland. Anyone jumping into that water has a good chance of freezing to death. :p

It's been a while since I read them, but they seem to be going way off book at this point.
Did this battle happen in the book?

From the previews of next week, the Giant lives.

There's no reason to expect the giant, or anyone else who jumped into the water, to live. Lest we forget, this takes place in a frozen wasteland. Anyone jumping into that water has a good chance of freezing to death. :p

It's been a while since I read them, but they seem to be going way off book at this point.
Did this battle happen in the book?

From the previews of next week, the Giant lives.

Sort of. John wasn't there at all, Hardhome was actually destroyed centuries ago by some unknown cataclysm, and by this time most of the Free Folk have already passed through The Wall and are now living on The Gift. The people that go to Hardhome are the last few holdouts lead by Mother Mole, whom believes in a prophecy that they will find salvation in a place where much horror once occurred. The Night's Watch is presently trying to save them but the rescue operation doesn't seem to be going so well as the leader of the expedition sends a raven to Castle Black pleading for aid.

Well thank God a decent episode. Not just the much needed action that has been looooooooong missing...but they actually moved along the storyline! Not just pointless dialogue going nowhere - but dialogue with meaning!
Course now I expect we will see boring nothingness until the season ender.

Stannis must die horribly. the red woman must die horribly. much pain. much blood. goddamn.

WOW!!!! GREAT show tonight!!!! Wooo hoooo! Dragon lady flies!!!

And Stannis? omg. Fuck. I want him as lunch for one of the dragons. Piece at a time. Along with red haired bitch.

Human sacrifice generates a huge amount of mana, especially if it is someone you care about. But your own daughter! His own blood! An extraordinary amount indeed. That scene with Stannis was reminicent of Agamemnon sacrificing his daughter to Artemis in return for fair winds so that he could begin his assault on Troy. Completely understandable. Sometimes you have to give up something or someone you love in order to achieve something far greater.

For some people... destiny comes before love.

And Melisandre. Malicious bitch... delicious witch. Vicious... seditious. Malificus. I can totally relate to this.

Last edited:
Human sacrifice generates a huge amount of mana, especially if it is someone you care about. But your own daughter! His own blood! An extraordinary amount indeed. That scene with Stannis was reminicent of Agamemnon sacrificing his daughter to Artemis in return for fair winds so that he could begin his assault on Troy. Completely understandable. Sometimes you have to give up something or someone you love in order to achieve something far greater.

And Melisandre. Malicious bitch... delicious witch. Vicious... seditious. Malificus. I can totally relate to this.

If its any comfort, I'd sacrifice you and never give it a second thought.

On another note, overall excellent post and thanks for the history lesson

blood sacrifices are accepted even in the bible....i was surprised at the burning however....to me that is not a blood sacrifice ...i was surprised they burned the child...i am sure its due to the god of fire blah blah blah but burning does seem a big waste of body, blood and soul

Dany has her dragon back, what a scene that was. :)

Hate Stannis too.

I Guess this won't be the popular opinion...:cool:

This was a lousily written episode.
For one...what the hell?...the unsullied are the most trained soldiers in all of the lands. Bred at birth, spending their entire lives learning the art of combat - and they can so easily be killed by marginally trained citizens??? Give me a break.
Also...no coliseum would be designed with the royalty seating in a wide open square at ground level with no escape route. Seriously???
Also...with the recent attacks by the "gold masked men" - she sure as hell wouldn't have had just a dozen soldiers protecting her in pretty much the most vulnerable spot in the whole place.
Also...what kind of dragon does not have armored plating? Just a simple toss of a spear goes all the way through it's neck like butter?
Did you see the scene where one of the mask fell off of a guy and it was a short fat balding man???...and these people can successfully fight the greatest trained soldiers in the world???

Oh...and the iron boy king went to his room sulking while his mother and wife are sitting in prison?
Weak.

And finally...... I don't like how they have changed Daenerys character. She would not be so stupid as to allow herself to be this vulnerable.

I don't want to come into this thread and just say ill things about the show. I thought this show was one of the best series HBO has ever done.
This season is just not what it was before.

OK, my son has bugged the crap out of me to watch this show. I will not read this thread. I am starting episode 1 season 1, tonight. I better be good. I will report in the morning.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mdk
OK, my son has bugged the crap out of me to watch this show. I will not read this thread. I am starting episode 1 season 1, tonight. I better be good. I will report in the morbning.

Saving the Hitler finds out video for you...

I Guess this won't be the popular opinion...:cool:

This was a lousily written episode.
For one...what the hell?...the unsullied are the most trained soldiers in all of the lands. Bred at birth, spending their entire lives learning the art of combat - and they can so easily be killed by marginally trained citizens??? Give me a break.
Also...no coliseum would be designed with the royalty seating in a wide open square at ground level with no escape route. Seriously???
Also...with the recent attacks by the "gold masked men" - she sure as hell wouldn't have had just a dozen soldiers protecting her in pretty much the most vulnerable spot in the whole place.
Also...what kind of dragon does not have armored plating? Just a simple toss of a spear goes all the way through it's neck like butter?
Did you see the scene where one of the mask fell off of a guy and it was a short fat balding man???...and these people can successfully fight the greatest trained soldiers in the world???

Oh...and the iron boy king went to his room sulking while his mother and wife are sitting in prison?
Weak.

And finally...... I don't like how they have changed Daenerys character. She would not be so stupid as to allow herself to be this vulnerable.

I don't want to come into this thread and just say ill things about the show. I thought this show was one of the best series HBO has ever done.
This season is just not what it was before.
i agree.....

Okay, Stannis needs to die now. What a prick!
I agree, what a piece of shit. After saving the nightwatch and the heart-warming scene with his sweet daughter a few episodes back I was rooting for him. I am not sure if that was the intent, but the writers turned him into a villain.

Agamemnon was a sick and evil character. He would be right there with any vicious, brutal and genocidal tyrant in history.

You have issues if you see anything good in that scene. Poor writing in my opinion and I am still shaking from that scene. If GoT had been so great in the past, I might have moved on from the show.

Okay, Stannis needs to die now. What a prick!
I agree, what a piece of shit. After saving the nightwatch and the heart-warming scene with his sweet daughter a few episodes back I was rooting for him. I am not sure if that was the intent, but the writers turned him into a villain.

He has always been a villain though. He kills his brother with dark magics, burns numerous people at the stake, and will do anything to achieve his goal of sitting on the Iron Throne. Including sacrificing his daughter. He's a blind fanatic.

Forum List

Back