Second Oregon judge ends wedding services :)

They have a right to decide if they want to perform wedding services or not. The first judge, said his religious beliefs influenced his decision not to perform wedding services. They are trying to remove him.

Second Oregon judge ends wedding services after gay marriage allowed

HAHA! Like dominoes...judges,clerks everyone that can do them are refusing....love it.

In a country with as may judges as we have, a few will be homophobic jerks. If they can legally make that choice, then who cares?

The left seems to care, they are trying to remove the first judge that decided not to perform marriages anymore. It s what I expect out of the tolerant left.

HAHA! Like dominoes...judges,clerks everyone that can do them are refusing....love it.

In a country with as may judges as we have, a few will be homophobic jerks. If they can legally make that choice, then who cares?

The left seems to care, they are trying to remove the first judge that decided not to perform marriages anymore. It s what I expect out of the tolerant left.

Oh my. A political party tries to remove someone who doesn't support their beliefs. I'll bet that has never happened before.

Oh my. A political party tries to remove someone who doesn't support their beliefs. I'll bet that has never happened before.

Not a political party, a group of people that claim they tolerate others and others beliefs. A group that criticizes others for not being accepting of others views, race, sexual preference and religious beliefs.

Lol @ homophobic...you idiots need to come up with a different word...I have YET to find ANYONE afraid of faggots.
True I've been pointing out for a while that homophobe is not accurate. "Asshole" is a b etter word for you people. But oh well gays can marry now so HAHA fuck you "asshole!"

A political party tries to remove someone who doesn't support their beliefs

no...

a political party wanting to remove someone for not doing a job they are not required to do.

How hysterical is it that to contest people of principle... they're forced to use fabricated, mythical terms... which means that their argument is false, their reasoning spurious and their contest, exist wholly outside of reason.

LOL! You can NOT make this crap up!

Kim Davis can legally make the choice to not sign a marriage license for gays too. Hopefully, there will be a County somewhere where none of the judges will perform a gay marriage. Then what will the gays do then? Ha ha.

They facing multiple changes and state ethics investigation.
Most judges can preform the marriage vows, like a captain of a ship or a mayor of a town, but not required to. Depends on if he is a JP or other type of judge also. Notaries in many places can also preform the vows.
Oregon is not exactly the bible belt heartland. There are around 150,000 gays there.

The main problem is when the couple can't get the license from a clerks office in the first place. There are a lot of options for who preforms the vows.

Many gays that wanted to get married were already involved in common law marriages, but they were not recognized in all states. Now they can have either recognized in all states.

Marriages, including common law, are now recognized in Kentucky, but the issue was Davis not issuing the licenses for people wanting to marry in her state.

The matter in Oregon is different, wrong, but not the same as Davis

Lol @ homophobic...you idiots need to come up with a different word...I have YET to find ANYONE afraid of faggots.
Key word is IDIOTS.

How hysterical is it that to contest people of principle... they're forced to use fabricated, mythical terms... which means that their argument is false, their reasoning spurious and their contest, exist wholly outside of reason.

LOL! You can NOT make this crap up!

And yet the majority of the country has decided your goals are wrong.

Kim Davis can legally make the choice to not sign a marriage license for gays too. Hopefully, there will be a County somewhere where none of the judges will perform a gay marriage. Then what will the gays do then? Ha ha.

If that happens, then at least some of them will be replaced. I don't think many counties can afford to be sued over something so easy to remedy.

You missed the obvious I see?

"Last summer for personal faith-based reasons, I decided to not perform weddings as a judge," he said this week in an email.

He declined to answer questions about the decision, saying, "This is a personal choice based on my faith."

Is he REQUIRED to perform weddings as a judge?

Forum List

Back