Sen. Reid on Cattle Battle: "It's not over"

It's not over? Does Reid intend to support his own constituents or a gigantic freaking bloated federal bureaucracy? Surely Reid must be aware of the fact that the grazing property in question was state property and Mr. Bundy paid his fees and had a long standing lease on the property until some busy-body complained that the cattle disturbed the habitat of a freaking turtle after a hundred years of grazing. The BLM was flexing it's bureaucratic muscle and they they thought they had the support of the citizens. They found out different.

Why should this guy be able to use the land for free? I thought there are no free lunches?

Is not Federal Land, also in many cases PUBLIC LAND?....What did he do but have his cattle keep the plains from being overrun with vegetation? It hasn't been used for ANY PURPOSE other than grazing live stock for over 100 years!

We can't all just go and farm public land. You farm land that you own. Other ranchers pay to graze, why does this guy get a free lunch? Sounds like welfare to me.

Why should this guy be able to use the land for free? I thought there are no free lunches?

Why is Harry Reid allowed to SELL Nevada land that was appraised at between 28-30 MILLION and SELL IT TO CHINA for 4.5 million? I thought there weren't any "free lunches"

Or is it OK because it's a Dem?

I'll be waiting for your well-reasoned response.

That doesn't answer my question at all.

Of course it does you twit. Harry Reid is responsible for selling Nevada PUBLIC land to a Chinese company. It wasn't HIS to sell. That land belongs to the public. He took land that was appraise for 30+ million dollars and sold it for 4.5 million (and I'm quite sure that he made a tidy profit from kickbacks, too).

If that doesn't answer the question - then there isn't much I can do to help you.

WE can be sure that the subversives will attempt to prosecute Bundy, in any way they can. I fully expect them to wait until there are FEW patriots left at the ranch, come in with a massive show of force and effect an arrest. All this over a tortoise that was supposed to be an endangered species, and now is so abundant that BLM is currently killing them by the hundreds!

Senate majority leader Harry Reid hasn't been very vocal about the cattle battle showdown in recent days, but says "it's not over."

Reid tells News4's Samantha Boatman his take on the so-called cattle battle in southern Las Vegas. "Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it. So it's not over," Reid said.

Senator Reid had just wrapped up a speech and question and answer session with students at UNR.

VIDEO at link....Sen. Reid on Cattle Battle: "It's not over" - My News 4 - KRNV, Reno, NV

Translation: I'm a pussy, see me meow. :lol:

Why is Harry Reid allowed to SELL Nevada land that was appraised at between 28-30 MILLION and SELL IT TO CHINA for 4.5 million? I thought there weren't any "free lunches"

Or is it OK because it's a Dem?

I'll be waiting for your well-reasoned response.

Of course it does you twit. Harry Reid is responsible for selling Nevada PUBLIC land to a Chinese company. It wasn't HIS to sell. That land belongs to the public. He took land that was appraise for 30+ million dollars and sold it for 4.5 million (and I'm quite sure that he made a tidy profit from kickbacks, too).

If that doesn't answer the question - then there isn't much I can do to help you.

Nope still doesn't answer my question at all. Why should this rancher use land that isn't his for free?

Is not Federal Land, also in many cases PUBLIC LAND?....What did he do but have his cattle keep the plains from being overrun with vegetation? It hasn't been used for ANY PURPOSE other than grazing live stock for over 100 years!

We can't all just go and farm public land. You farm land that you own. Other ranchers pay to graze, why does this guy get a free lunch? Sounds like welfare to me.

This rancher has paid millions to Clark County for grazing rights. My Grandfather lost the majority of his farm in the 50s to the state when they TOOK his land and water rights to build an interstate. That land had been in our family since BEFORE the American revolution and yet, he was served with papers TAKING his "private land" under imminent domain laws so they could build an Interstate.

So much for "free lunches".

This rancher has paid millions to Clark County for grazing rights. My Grandfather lost the majority of his farm in the 50s to the state when they TOOK his land and water rights to build an interstate. That land had been in our family since BEFORE the American revolution and yet, he was served with papers TAKING his "private land" under imminent domain laws so they could build an Interstate.

Every article I have read is that he is not using his land but wants to use public land for free. He hasn't paid in many years. Do you have a link that says this is incorrect? If not why should he use this land for free?

From all I've read, he's paid the State of Nevada a grazing fee, and now the Federal Gov't has USURPED the property from the state...Did they PAY the state for that land? :badgrin: I believe that would be covered by STATES RIGHTS.

Ever hear of FREE RANGE, I'm sure IF there were other cattle ranches where he is, they also could have been using that UNUSED land for grazing, BUT he seems to be the only ranch in that precise area!

Every article I have read is that he is not using his land but wants to use public land for free. He hasn't paid in many years. Do you have a link that says this is incorrect? If not why should he use this land for free?

He's been fighting them in court since 1993, and as it's not a STATE COURT, but a FEDERAL COURT, who do YOU think would have the upper hand? With a FEDERALLY APPOINTED JUDGE?

Nope still doesn't answer my question at all. Why should this rancher use land that isn't his for free?

Its called welfare ranching and I'd love to see this incident bring an end to it.

I used to live on open range and the rules/laws are asssinine.

For example, the USDA knocked on my door one day and informed me I had to put a fence around my yard because there were plants there that are toxic to the cattle that would overrun my property.

The land - 160 acres - was fenced in but the cattle would break down the fences and I'd look out my front windows and be face to face with a herd of very wild cattle.

One middle of the night, my dogs woke us, barking in terror, at the big monsters just outside our bedroom windows. They had no idea what those creatures were and let us know we were being invaded. Yes, that incident was kinda comical - the dogs didn't think so - but we had to buy and install a second fence around our house.

The owner would occasionally come to the door, on his horse and ask if we'd seen any of his strays. Sheesh.

Let the ranchers pay for their own business expenses. The tax payers should not be forced to subsidize them.

From all I've read, he's paid the State of Nevada a grazing fee, and now the Federal Gov't has USURPED the property from the state...Did they PAY the state for that land? :badgrin: I believe that would be covered by STATES RIGHTS.

Ever hear of FREE RANGE, I'm sure IF there were other cattle ranches where he is, they also could have been using that UNUSED land for grazing, BUT he seems to be the only ranch in that precise area!

He's breaking the law and looking for a free lunch.

This conflict arises out of rancher Cliven Bundy’s many years of illegally grazing his cattle on federal lands. In 1998, a federal court ordered Bundy to cease grazing his livestock on an area of federal land known as the Bunkerville Allotment, and required him to pay the federal government $200 per day per head of cattle remaining on federal lands. Around the time it issued this order, the court also commented that “[t]he government has shown commendable restraint in allowing this trespass to continue for so long without impounding Bundy’s livestock.” Fifteen years later, Bundy continued to defy this court order.
The Bundy crisis in Nevada | MSNBC

Do you have a link that says he "hasn't paid Clark County"? Again, according to every news report I have seen (to include interviews with the man himself) he claims he has paid Clark County over a million dollars in grazing rights. The BLM says the land "belongs to them" and he hasn't paid the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT although he has been open grazing that land for the last 21 years.

I understand he has lost court cases in the past. I get it. He doesn't recognize the BLM and their "ownership" of 85% of Nevada.

He's been fighting them in court since 1993, and as it's not a STATE COURT, but a FEDERAL COURT, who do YOU think would have the upper hand? With a FEDERALLY APPOINTED JUDGE?

If he doesn't own the land then he has no right to it.

You're wrong on all counts.

Its not "free" but it is open. Its not his to use. He hasn't paid his tax-payer subsidized fees. Its not a state issue.

Its called welfare ranching and I'd love to see this incident bring an end to it.

I used to live on open range and the rules/laws are asssinine.

For example, the USDA knocked on my door one day and informed me I had to put a fence around my yard because there were plants there that are toxic to the cattle that would overrun my property.

The land - 160 acres - was fenced in but the cattle would break down the fences and I'd look out my front windows and be face to face with a herd of very wild cattle.

One middle of the night, my dogs woke us, barking in terror, at the big monsters just outside our bedroom windows. They had no idea what those creatures were and let us know we were being invaded. Yes, that incident was kinda comical - the dogs didn't think so - but we had to buy and install a second fence around our house.

The owner would occasionally come to the door, on his horse and ask if we'd seen any of his strays. Sheesh.

Let the ranchers pay for their own business expenses. The tax payers should not be forced to subsidize them.

It's an attitude that seems to be a carry over from the range wars days.

Really if the good ole boy brigade are actually willing to potentially have their guts blasted out of their assholes over these cows I will have found a little more respect for them if not their "cause" whatever that is.

Do you think any of the patriots there actually give a fuck what some little subversive shit says on an internet forum? Especially since he has NO FUCKING IDEA what is going on out there! Shouldn't you be out occupying something, perhaps a garbage dumpster?

Patriots? Patriotism involves giving a shit about your country and ALL the people who live there, those assholes have no idea what real patriotism is.

Neither do you little one....neither do you...

He's breaking the law and looking for a free lunch.

This conflict arises out of rancher Cliven Bundy’s many years of illegally grazing his cattle on federal lands. In 1998, a federal court ordered Bundy to cease grazing his livestock on an area of federal land known as the Bunkerville Allotment, and required him to pay the federal government $200 per day per head of cattle remaining on federal lands. Around the time it issued this order, the court also commented that “[t]he government has shown commendable restraint in allowing this trespass to continue for so long without impounding Bundy’s livestock.” Fifteen years later, Bundy continued to defy this court order.
The Bundy crisis in Nevada | MSNBC

Good, they were also breaking the LAW at Ruby Ridge, and we know how that ended. How many FEDERAL LAW enforcers should have been arrested for murder there? So the FEDERAL GOV'T just MADE UP a LAW, as they did with Obumacare, forcing people to PAY a fine if they did not comply with that law! Of course, you, in your great wisdom, and love of freedom and justice, agrees with those kind of laws! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:... I hear Saudi Arabia would be your kind of country!

Do you have a link that says he "hasn't paid Clark County"?
i do
Range war: BLM withdraws from Clark County, cattle released after standoff; Photo gallery | St George News

in, according to every news report I have seen (to include interviews with the man himself) he claims he has paid Clark County over a million dollars in grazing rights. The BLM says the land "belongs to them" and he hasn't paid the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT although he has been open grazing that land for the last 21 years.

I understand he has lost court cases in the past. I get it. He doesn't recognize the BLM and their "ownership" of 85% of Nevada.
the blm doesn't 'say' the land belongs to them - it is federal land. it is not cliven bundy's, and it doesn't matter what that asshole recognizes, the facts are he has disobeyed the law, owes more than a million dollars, and intimidated law enforcement.

in other words, he's an asshole, as are his supporters. he will end up in jail, as will some of his supporters.

You're wrong on all counts.

Its not "free" but it is open. Its not his to use. He hasn't paid his tax-payer subsidized fees. Its not a state issue.

To Libby Luddly Libtard it isn't, but to thinking and freedom loving Americans it is.... Go back to the cat thread, where, at least, you post some better material!

Forum List

Back