Senate Dems Crossover

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Maybe it was a well-scripted (falling 1 vote short of forcing Obama's pen), last ditch effort to save fellow Dem Mary Landrieu but perhaps the Senate's Keystone pipeline vote was a sign that Dems who must stand for reelection in 2016 are prepared to buck our lame-duck Prez in order to save their own skins. Surely the bill to build the pipeline will be on Obama's desk by early spring but in a gallingly insipid moment during a recent trip to Asia, he claimed it would not lower gas prices for U.S. drivers but would allow Canada to "pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else."
I know the man is not stupid but that was a REMARKABLY stupid comment. Oil is a relatively fungible commodity and anything which facilitates getting it to market more efficiently tends to bring the price down EVERYWHERE ... including here at home.
I particularly enjoy the prospect of helping OPEC's fortunes decline. I vividly recall wasting my time waiting in gas lines during the 1973 oil embargo:

Maybe it was a well-scripted (falling 1 vote short of forcing Obama's pen), last ditch effort to save fellow Dem Mary Landrieu but perhaps the Senate's Keystone pipeline vote was a sign that Dems who must stand for reelection in 2016 are prepared to buck our lame-duck Prez in order to save their own skins. Surely the bill to build the pipeline will be on Obama's desk by early spring but in a gallingly insipid moment during a recent trip to Asia, he claimed it would not lower gas prices for U.S. drivers but would allow Canada to "pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else."
I know the man is not stupid but that was a REMARKABLY stupid comment. Oil is a relatively fungible commodity and anything which facilitates getting it to market more efficiently tends to bring the price down EVERYWHERE ... including here at home.
I particularly enjoy the prospect of helping OPEC's fortunes decline. I vividly recall wasting my time waiting in gas lines during the 1973 oil embargo:

Mary Landrieux said she was confidant she had 60 votes behind her. I wonder who the one Democrat turncoat is? It'll come out and I hope the rat is skinned.

If it was a thousand miles of solar panels they'd be wetting themselves....................

The final verdict of the vote was known before a single vote was cast..............It was only allowed to be voted on because Reid knew it wouldn't pass.................It was all for show........so they could try and save a Senate seat........that may become important in 2016 where more GOP seats are up than Dem.

If it was a thousand miles of solar panels they'd be wetting themselves....................

The final verdict of the vote was known before a single vote was cast..............It was only allowed to be voted on because Reid knew it wouldn't pass.................It was all for show........so they could try and save a Senate seat........that may become important in 2016 where more GOP seats are up than Dem.

It may well have been scripted to allow the Dems who MUST distance themselves from our Prez to do so without forcing Obama's pen. They do not wish to share the fate so many of their Dem comrades suffered earlier this month but this one vote will not save them. They will have to continue to buck the Prez for the next 2 years to prove worthy of reelection. Stay tuned.
:biggrin:

Mary Landrieux said she was confidant she had 60 votes behind her. I wonder who the one Democrat turncoat is? It'll come out and I hope the rat is skinned.

It seems her fate is sealed and she will join her other former Dem legislators on the sideline.
"...and another one's gone, and another one's gone, another one bites the dust..."
:2up:

It may well have been scripted to allow the Dems who MUST distance themselves from our Prez to do so without forcing Obama's pen. They do not wish to share the fate so many of their Dem comrades suffered earlier this month but this one vote will not save them. They will have to continue to buck the Prez for the next 2 years to prove worthy of reelection. Stay tuned.
They don't want to have to say:

"...........I shoveled shit in Louisiana."
~~Gen. George S Patton, Jr.

Except we didn't learn shit from that. We didn't say, "Let's build more fuel efficient cars, let's develop alternative energy sources, let's develop heating systems that are more efficient."

Nope.

We said, "Let's become more dependent on the middle east, let's build bigger cars that gobble up more gas."

They don't want to have to say:

"...........I shoveled shit in Louisiana."
~~Gen. George S Patton, Jr.

It would be a job worthy of their talents.
:beer:

Except we didn't learn shit from that. We didn't say, "Let's build more fuel efficient cars, let's develop alternative energy sources, let's develop heating systems that are more efficient."

Nope.

We said, "Let's become more dependent on the middle east, let's build bigger cars that gobble up more gas."
Who is we, Joey? All that stuff was done. Or are you still driving a '69 Ford?

Nope.

Is that your way of defending our president's position on the pipeline and his incredibly vacuous claim that it would not lower gas prices for U.S. drivers but would allow Canada to "pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else."

Oh, that's a shame...But the GOP has total control of congress- must be something wrong with their leadership ability...

Some Dems are ready to go along on lots of things- the leadership doesn't have them by the neck like Boehner and McConnel...

Oh, that's a shame...But the GOP has total control of congress- must be something wrong with their leadership ability...

Some Dems are ready to go along on lots of things- the leadership doesn't have them by the neck like Boehner and McConnel...

WOW! I guess we leaped to January already.

These far left posters say the silliest things..

Harry Reid kept the legislative roach motel where bills (from the republican House majority) checked in but they didn't check out. Barry Hussein was free to campaign and play golf as long as Reid covered his incompetent ass. Now Barry Hussein needs to work for a living when republicans put a hundred bills on his desk.

it is as phony as the democrats are

you should know that by now with these fckers

Regrettably there's plenty of incompetence on both sides of the aisle:
"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops." Jeffery Pelt - The Hunt For Red October

Regrettably there's plenty of incompetence on both sides of the aisle:
"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing their lollipops." Jeffery Pelt - The Hunt For Red October

i am certainly fed up with it

most Americans are fed up with this continuous bs

most of them need to have their noses rubbed in their piles

and tossed outside to think about it

I've never seen a government so in need of an enema.

Only a couple of more months and lets see what this new crew is made of. I'm going to hold on to faith for a little bit longer.

Forum List

Back