Senate (GOP) rejects amendment to build border fence

And they are a complete waste of money during a time of very low illegal immigration and when there are other priorities.

Like multi-million-dollar vacations for your King and Queen.
It's already been shown that Bush took many more trips than Obama, at the same costs or more, hypocrite.

Try to keep up, Slingblade.

Given your tendency to read what you want something to say instead of what it actually says, what you say can in no way be considered accurate.

Then come up with some posts of yours singing the praises of some Democrat(s).

Bonus points for a post advocating a Democrat over a Republican.

I'm not holding my breath, partisan wingnut. :lol:
I praised Obama for his handling of the Somali pirates, and for keeping Gitmo open.

Predictably, you'll whine about that, too.

Tough shit.

Praising a specific action doesn't equate to supporting the candidate.

I praised Bush's Africa works, too. What the fuck does that matter.

You can no longer keep up with me in a debate. Because you never rely on logic or facts, just your pure wingnut emotion.

They shouldn't be. Like I said, we have one liberal party. We don't need two. Throw all the bums out.

Conservatism is the only thing that will save this nation from the historically-failed cancer of progressivism.
Progressive/Liberalism has not failed in the U.S.

It has been wildly successful. It pulled us out of the depression.
It prolonged the Depression. WWII pulled us out.

But amazingly distorted history is about all one can expect from a prog.

Your failed talking points are still failing.

So you think border fences/walls are a waste of money?
Yes. They don't work.

And they are a complete waste of money during a time of very low illegal immigration and when there are other priorities.

So you think we should just let everyone in unrestricted...including potential terrorists?

Why would you jump to such a moronic conclusion?

Being opposed to a ‘border fence’ is perfectly appropriate, given the fact it won’t work. It doesn’t’ mean one advocates unrestricted access.

Even nutball scum bumble into daylight once in a while.

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to prosecute corporations hiring illegals.

For what it's worth, when the fence IS built, it will be as much to keep people in as out.

Corporations are not hiring illegals. Illegals mostly work for cash in the lowest segment of the workforce. and have nothing to do with any established companies.
The ones which are hired by corporations are smart enough to transfer to H1B pretty quick - it is quite possible even under current immigration system

Can anyone be this clueless?
-Pro’s Ranch Markets...In May 2010, An Immigration and Customs Enforcement audit of Pro’s Ranch Markets in Phoenix, resulted in the firing of 300 illegal aliens. The federal audit discovered that 20 percent of the company’s workforce were living and working in the country illegally.

-Koch Foods...In February 2010, it was announced that Koch Foods was forced to pay a fine of $536,046, after a 2007 Immigrations and Customs Enforcement raid turned up 161 illegal aliens working in their Fairfield, OH plant.

- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc...In July 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced that Krispy Kreme agreed to pay a $40,000 fine for hiring illegal aliens, after an inspection by ICE discovered the company had hired dozens of illegal workers at their Cincinnati, OH factory.

-American Apparel...A 2009 investigation uncovered 1,800 illegal alien workers, using fraudulent documents. The company, located in Los Angeles is the nation’s largest clothing manufacturer, and the 1,800 illegal workers represented a third of their workforce. The owners of American Apparel have been outspoken proponents of an amnesty plan for this nation’s illegal alien population.
Wal Mart, MacDonalds, Agriprocessors, Smithfield Foods, Verizon, Del Monte... dozens more Fortune 500 corporations paid fines to avoid conviction.

Was there something else?

The problem maybe the fines. Business leaders, CEO's and HR management ought to face time in Federal Prison for (payroll) tax evasion/fraud. Contractors who hire off the lot of Home Depot out to have their license suspended, pay a fine and serve some time in the county jail for the same crimes.

Yes. They don't work.

So you think we should just let everyone in unrestricted...including potential terrorists?

Why would you jump to such a moronic conclusion?

Being opposed to a ‘border fence’ is perfectly appropriate, given the fact it won’t work. It doesn’t’ mean one advocates unrestricted access.
He's a wingnut who can't keep anything except extreme choices in his pea-brain.

Corporations are not hiring illegals. Illegals mostly work for cash in the lowest segment of the workforce. and have nothing to do with any established companies.
The ones which are hired by corporations are smart enough to transfer to H1B pretty quick - it is quite possible even under current immigration system

-Pro’s Ranch Markets...In May 2010, An Immigration and Customs Enforcement audit of Pro’s Ranch Markets in Phoenix, resulted in the firing of 300 illegal aliens. The federal audit discovered that 20 percent of the company’s workforce were living and working in the country illegally.

-Koch Foods...In February 2010, it was announced that Koch Foods was forced to pay a fine of $536,046, after a 2007 Immigrations and Customs Enforcement raid turned up 161 illegal aliens working in their Fairfield, OH plant.

- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc...In July 2009, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced that Krispy Kreme agreed to pay a $40,000 fine for hiring illegal aliens, after an inspection by ICE discovered the company had hired dozens of illegal workers at their Cincinnati, OH factory.

-American Apparel...A 2009 investigation uncovered 1,800 illegal alien workers, using fraudulent documents. The company, located in Los Angeles is the nation’s largest clothing manufacturer, and the 1,800 illegal workers represented a third of their workforce. The owners of American Apparel have been outspoken proponents of an amnesty plan for this nation’s illegal alien population.
Wal Mart, MacDonalds, Agriprocessors, Smithfield Foods, Verizon, Del Monte... dozens more Fortune 500 corporations paid fines to avoid conviction.

The problem maybe the fines. Business leaders, CEO's and HR management ought to face time in Federal Prison for (payroll) tax evasion/fraud. Contractors who hire off the lot of Home Depot out to have their license suspended, pay a fine and serve some time in the county jail for the same crimes.

Agreed. The problem, at least as I see it, is with the corporations and not necessarily with the illegals. Illegals come here NOT to be citizens (they couldn't care less), but to make money to send back to their families in Mexico, or to support the families they brought here.

As I have stated previously, I worked for a company that when I first started in 1986, had zero illegals working there. In 2011, when I retired, nearly 100% of the warehouse personnel were illegals. They were inspected by ICE, found to have 27 people with the same SSN and they received a small ($20,000) fine. ICE has never returned for follow up inspections.

My solution? Hire 20,000 recently discharged Veterans to serve as Inspectors. Let them begin inspections of companies on a routine basis. For each illegal found, the company pays a $50,000 fine. For the next inspection, each illegal would cost the company $100,000. For the final inspection, one illegal would cost the company that particular business. It would be shut down and auctioned off.

The problems with illegals (and American unemployment) would disappear within a year.

Not disagreeing.

But Business leaders, CEO's, and HR management would argue hiring only US citizens and LPRAs would cut into profits, resulting in higher prices and likely job losses.

Undocumented workers not subject to wage or working condition regulations and requirements is corporate America’s dirty little not so secret to maximizing profit.

Like multi-million-dollar vacations for your King and Queen.
It's already been shown that Bush took many more trips than Obama, at the same costs or more, hypocrite.

Try to keep up, Slingblade.
And yet, oddly, you condemned Bush for his vacations -- and give Obama a free pass for his. Just like the media.

And now you say there are greater priories than securing the nation's borders.

And apparently, Obama's vacations are one of them.

Then come up with some posts of yours singing the praises of some Democrat(s).

Bonus points for a post advocating a Democrat over a Republican.

I'm not holding my breath, partisan wingnut. :lol:
I praised Obama for his handling of the Somali pirates, and for keeping Gitmo open.

Predictably, you'll whine about that, too.

Tough shit.

Praising a specific action doesn't equate to supporting the candidate.

I praised Bush's Africa works, too. What the fuck does that matter.

You can no longer keep up with me in a debate. Because you never rely on logic or facts, just your pure wingnut emotion.
The only way I could keep up with you in a debate is to undergo voluntary massive head trauma.

The survival instinct kicks in, however. Oh well.
Progressive/Liberalism has not failed in the U.S.

It has been wildly successful. It pulled us out of the depression.
It prolonged the Depression. WWII pulled us out.

But amazingly distorted history is about all one can expect from a prog.

Your failed talking points are still failing.
Yes, I did indeed fail. I realize actual historical facts have no chance of displacing your programming.

Just keep repeating to yourself, "All good things come from liberalism. All bad things come from conservatism"...and you'll stop whimpering soon.

So what do you want to do with the illegals? Because, you know, they broke the law, too.

So what do you want to do with the illegals? Because, you know, they broke the law, too.

Indeed. However, the illegals prime motivating factor for being here is money. Take their ability to live away from them and they will move on to.....I dunno.....Canada?

Before another amnesty we should enforce the 1986 immigration law and secure the border and go after businesses that hire illegal aliens thus fixing the broken immigration system and they will all self-deport.

Before another amnesty we should enforce the 1986 immigration law and secure the border and go after businesses that hire illegal aliens thus fixing the broken immigration system and they will all self-deport.

Well, you know the way politics works in this country.....these clowns LOVE to try to make the American people believe that need to have "comprehensive immigration reform" which is nothing more than code for "we haven't done our jobs for the last 40 years so this will make it look like we are actually EARNING the tens of millions that you idiots pay us each year".

There are laws on the books that take care of this problem already. We don't need "new laws" that are as impotent as the ones that we haven't enforced forever. It's a BS ruse that this trash is running on us.

And still, we send these idiots back to DC - over and over and over again....

Indeed. However, the illegals prime motivating factor for being here is money. Take their ability to live away from them and they will move on to.....I dunno.....Canada?
Some may. Some will turn to (more) crime.

Hey, I know! How about we deport them when we find them? If they want to get back in....tough. We shouldn't allow criminals to come in with a visa.

Hey, I know! How about we deport them when we find them? If they want to get back in....tough. We shouldn't allow criminals to come in with a visa.

Haven't you heard? It's IMPOSSIBLE to deport the border jumpers!! It's just not feasible to "round them up" and "send them packing"......All our politicians tell us that.

Do I buy that?? Of course not!

However, the one thing I'm fairly certain of is that if they can't make a living, and they can't obtain "gubmit handouts", they will NOT hang around.

Last edited:

That's a fair question. The answer depends on the Congress and what they plan to do about immigration reform. If Congress does nothing - something they're very good at - I would require the business to make restitution to Medicare and Social Security for all monies they saved in payroll taxes and a penalty assessment on any fine imposed for the fraud, sufficient to deport the illegal worker back to his native county.

BTW, I still support putting the business owner and personnel manager in jail, or in egregious cases, Federal Prison.

Last edited:

Haven't you heard? It's IMPOSSIBLE to deport the border jumpers!! It's just not feasible to "round them up" and "send them packing"......All our politicians tell us that.

Do I buy that?? Of course not!

However, the one thing I'm fairly certain of is that if they can't make a living, and they can't obtain "gubmit handouts", they will NOT hang around.
I don't buy it either. It's not like we'd find all 12 million criminals at once.

Deport them when they're found. Hold 'em for a week, and if they can't provide proper authorization for their presence, back to the old country. See yah. Don't come back, we know who you are.

Unfortunately, not all those who are thrown off the employment gravy train will leave. Some will turn to more crime.

I would like to see wire transfers of money overseas prohibited without proof of legal presence, too. That would eliminate much of the attraction right there.

That's a fair question. The answer depends on the Congress and what they plan to do about immigration reform. If Congress does nothing - something they're very good at - I would require the business to make restitution to Medicare and Social Security for all monies they saved in payroll taxes and a penalty assessment on any fine imposed for the fraud, sufficient to deport the illegal worker back to his native county.

BTW, I still support putting the business owner and personnel manager in jail, or in egregious cases, Federal Prison.

Okay. I support punishing those who knowingly hire illegals as well.

But what do you want to do with the illegals? I think it's a travesty that we could even consider rewarding their criminality with a path to citizenship. The most I would consider would be a path to permanent guest worker status. But I will not support rewarding them with citizenship and the right to vote. Period.

Forum List

Back