Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

Ok which one of you guys wrote this idiot's talking points? While in an impeachment hearing for Trump, he's stated very few facts, said Schiff is a lying criminal, and is blaming everything on Obama. He's not said ANY facts to defend Trump.

This is a fucking joke. The Republican Senators should feel outraged this got in front of them.

It's disappointing. It's also odd that he keeps asking where the house manager's were after citing things about Obama. The democrats weren't in power. That would have been up to Boehner. I doubt very much that the republicans would have let an impeachment of Obama go by if they thought what he was doing was impeachable. I guess they are hoping people will not do much independent research.

I'm pretty sure that Obama invoked executive privilege quite often when his administration was subpoenaed, if not every time. But the House didn't cry 'Obstruction of Congress' for that and impeach him, because they knew it wasn't an impeachable offense. It isn't an impeachable offense for Trump either, especially considering the House itself never voted to have an Inquiry, which was the case for every other presidential impeachment in the House. That issue should have been challenged by the Dems in court and resolved one way or the other, which is the Right Way things are supposed to be done. Had Trump still dened access to witnesses and documents, THEN the Dems would have had a case for obstruction. As it is now, they don't.

It is possible the Dems feared an unfavorable decision regarding the subpoenas, maybe because there is no crime for Trump to try to hide. They should have taken the time like every other impeachment process did, and done the job the right way.

No, I disagree. Obama invoked executive privilege once that I'm aware of for Fast and Furious and the courts rejected it. What other times did he invoke it? Maybe you are thinking of executive orders. I would agree that he abused the use of the executive order.

Obama stonewalled Congress many times, refusing to provide documents and witnesses, which is what executive privilege is. See my thread on the subject if you care to.

Ok which one of you guys wrote this idiot's talking points? While in an impeachment hearing for Trump, he's stated very few facts, said Schiff is a lying criminal, and is blaming everything on Obama. He's not said ANY facts to defend Trump.

This is a fucking joke. The Republican Senators should feel outraged this got in front of them.

It's disappointing. It's also odd that he keeps asking where the house manager's were after citing things about Obama. The democrats weren't in power. That would have been up to Boehner. I doubt very much that the republicans would have let an impeachment of Obama go by if they thought what he was doing was impeachable. I guess they are hoping people will not do much independent research.

I'm pretty sure that Obama invoked executive privilege quite often when his administration was subpoenaed, if not every time. But the House didn't cry 'Obstruction of Congress' for that and impeach him, because they knew it wasn't an impeachable offense. It isn't an impeachable offense for Trump either, especially considering the House itself never voted to have an Inquiry, which was the case for every other presidential impeachment in the House. That issue should have been challenged by the Dems in court and resolved one way or the other, which is the Right Way things are supposed to be done. Had Trump still dened access to witnesses and documents, THEN the Dems would have had a case for obstruction. As it is now, they don't.

It is possible the Dems feared an unfavorable decision regarding the subpoenas, maybe because there is no crime for Trump to try to hide. They should have taken the time like every other impeachment process did, and done the job the right way.

No, I disagree. Obama invoked executive privilege once that I'm aware of for Fast and Furious and the courts rejected it. What other times did he invoke it? Maybe you are thinking of executive orders. I would agree that he abused the use of the executive order.

Obama stonewalled Congress many times, refusing to provide documents and witnesses, which is what executive privilege is. See my thread on the subject if you care to.

Seems kind of funny given how Obama and Boehner were buddies.

I read a story on FOX yesterday, and then read the Comments. The R Senators whose extremely-delicate sensibilities flared when Schiff mentioned the CBS Report, would be shocked to find that FOX readers want the heads of any R who votes for witnesses on a pike. At minimum. Drawn, quartered and burned would have be too good for them.

You read comments? On Fox? Say, does your stomach have some stainless steel lining, or something?

In the case of his scheme that sold assault weapons to the Mexican drug cartels that resulted in thousands of dead Mexicans, and at least one US Border Patrol agent, Obama stonewalled for 7 years.

I read a story on FOX yesterday, and then read the Comments. The R Senators whose extremely-delicate sensibilities flared when Schiff mentioned the CBS Report, would be shocked to find that FOX readers want the heads of any R who votes for witnesses on a pike. At minimum. Drawn, quartered and burned would have be too good for them.

You read comments? On Fox? Say, does your stomach have some stainless steel lining, or something?

Cast iron, seasoned with 5-alarm chili. I wanted to see if one of them would advocate a call for witnesses. Fat chance. They're calling for the destruction of anyone advocating witnesses.

Cast iron, seasoned with 5-alarm chili. I wanted to see if one of them would advocate a call for witnesses. Fat chance. They're calling for the destruction of anyone advocating witnesses.

What do you think you need to know from witness?

What the Admin wants to keep us from hearing. The Senate will still acquit Trump, but the Senators will have to sit there and listen to it.

What the Admin wants to keep us from hearing. The Senate will still acquit Trump, but the Senators will have to sit there and listen to it.

Who says the Admin wants to keep us from hearing anything? All they're doing is preserving Executive Privilege. That's something that EVERY President has had and will continue to have long after Trump is gone. The House has attempted to trample all over that.

What President in US History never asserted Executive Privilege?

All the rest have committed an impeachable offense in the eyes of the House Managers.

Who says the Admin wants to keep us from hearing anything? All they're doing is preserving Executive Privilege. That's something that EVERY President has had and will continue to have long after Trump is gone. The House has attempted to trample all over that.

Bullshit. It's a blanket cover-up.

Various senators have denied a quid pro quo happened and/or denied aid was conditioned on Biden investigations. It's fairly apparent there is evidence to the contrary, and I want senators to have to sit there and listen to it.

"Who says the Admin wants to keep us from hearing anything?" You've got to be kidding.

The Truth, The Whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

Various senators have denied a quid pro quo happened and/or denied aid was conditioned on Biden investigations. It's fairly apparent there is evidence to the contrary, and I want senators to have to sit there and listen to it.

"Who says the Admin wants to keep us from hearing anything?" You've got to be kidding.

Bullshit? So do you or do you not agree with the use of Executive Privilege?

In which case? I haven't seen anyone invoke it yet, although Lindsey Graham was encouraging the admin to do it. I have read a couple of crackpot letters from the White House to the House - saying we're not giving you anything. Are you thinking about that?

In which case? I haven't seen anyone invoke it yet, although Lindsey Graham was encouraging the admin to do it. I have read a couple of crackpot letters from the White House to the House - saying we're not giving you anything. Are you thinking about that?

Any case since 1789.

What are 3 things you have never heard of, Alex.

Actually, yeah. I'll bet even you could figure out that when the President says, "we're not giving you anthing" or "we're not cooperating", he's asserting Privilege, notwithstanding any legal proceedings he has to go through to make it official.

The subpoenas were invalid. This has been explained to you in great detail. That's why the House Clowns withdrew them and didn't go to court. They new they would lose.

You should be upset with your House Clowns for their clusterfuck.

What are 3 things you have never heard of, Alex.

That must be Democrats for 100.

Any case since 1789.

Are they all the same? Do any involve an impeachment inquiry and how were they handled. I dimly remember an order to turn over tapes, and a Presidential resignation not long after.

After a whistle blower report (suppressed), I wouldn't support a claim of Exec Priv to prevent discovery of misconduct. How about you?

The subpoenas were invalid. This has been explained to you in great detail. That's why the House Clowns withdrew them and didn't go to court. They new they would lose.

You should be upset with your House Clowns for their clusterfuck.

Go ahead and explain to me, again, in great detail, how the President's lawyers said they weren't legal. When you're done, I'll link, again, the Court decision on the validity of the impeachment inquiry.

You do know lawyers just say crap sometimes, don't you?

Forum List

Back