Senate Report Concludes the Benghazi Attacks Were Preventable

Course, if the right wing never made that video mocking other people's religion, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

What happened, the deadly riots and the protests, were exactly what they hoped for.

You must not have gotten the memo that the cover up has been exposed. You can stop trying to blame a video that had nothing to do with the situation.

As I've posted many times, that video caused deadly riots all over the world. Stop being dense. You know how Muslims get when their religion is mocked. They did just what right wingers hoped they would do.

So nobody goes to jail over anything?

At least the Clinton administration had a suicide.

Why is the Obama administration above the law?

Still not an answer.

Changing the subject won't work. Bush had nothing to do with Benghazi.

Why is the Obama administration above the law?

Correct but it does have to do with obama. Feel free to explain why bush and Cheney didn't have to publicly testify. ..

You know why you won't answer it, because I know why.

Course, if the right wing never made that video mocking other people's religion, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

What happened, the deadly riots and the protests, were exactly what they hoped for.

You must not have gotten the memo that the cover up has been exposed. You can stop trying to blame a video that had nothing to do with the situation.

As I've posted many times, that video caused deadly riots all over the world. Stop being dense. You know how Muslims get when their religion is mocked. They did just what right wingers hoped they would do.

How many deaths were there in other riots? Do you know?

Let me guess here. If Christians had taken exception to a Crucifix in a jar of urine and rioted and burned down a consulate you would be just as forgiving to them as you are the Muslims?

The truth, in my opinion, is that the attack had nothing to do with a video. It had everything to do with Stevens running guns and the anniversary of 9/11. That is why Obama and Rice lied for days on end. Perfect cover make a controversy about nothing so people forget about the reality. They must really be laughing at us. And I will admit the left is running cover for them quite well.

Who has forgiven the Muslims that have attacked us?

Well just about every liberal I read. Who did they put in jail, the Muslims or the man who made a stupid movie video? Who was condemned in the post to which I replied, the maker of the stupid movie or the Muslims.

I still blame the Mullahs for driving the masses to riot.

How many Americans died in those riots? How many of those riots were pre planned with a goal? How many of those riots did the Pentagon label as terrorist attacks within 15 minutes of them beginning?

that could be grandstanding...or not

must defend obama. obama could be covering up...or not.

idiot

why is he withholding information? that he is legally obligated to provide?

will you jakestarkey this and not answer the question?
Because he can..

if you actually read the report you would know he is legally obligated to provide the information.

once again, you're on the wrong side of the law because you must defend obama.

Who has forgiven the Muslims that have attacked us?

Well just about every liberal I read. Who did they put in jail, the Muslims or the man who made a stupid movie video? Who was condemned in the post to which I replied, the maker of the stupid movie or the Muslims.

But the President of the United States knowingly incorrectly blamed a man for legally, yet irresponsibly, exercising his right to freedom of expression....

Can you name any other President who knowingly misrepresented the truth as he blamed an American Citizen for exercising his constitutional right on US soil for an international tragedy?

He should be called out on this by all....not just those on the right.

Funny....you guys blasted the video maker...as I did.....but you are OK with the POTUS blaming an American for something he had nothing to do with.

But the President of the United States knowingly incorrectly blamed a man for legally, yet irresponsibly, exercising his right to freedom of expression....

Can you name any other President who knowingly misrepresented the truth as he blamed an American Citizen for exercising his constitutional right on US soil for an international tragedy?

Funny....you guys blasted the video maker...as I did.....but you are OK with the POTUS blaming an American for something he had nothing to do with.

But understand, the attacks of the last two weeks are not simply an assault on America. They are also an assault on the very ideals upon which the United Nations was founded -- the notion that people can resolve their differences peacefully; that diplomacy can take the place of war; that in an interdependent world, all of us have a stake in working towards greater opportunity and security for our citizens.

If we are serious about upholding these ideals, it will not be enough to put more guards in front of an embassy, or to put out statements of regret and wait for the outrage to pass. If we are serious about these ideals, we must speak honestly about the deeper causes of the crisis -- because we face a choice between the forces that would drive us apart and the hopes that we hold in common.

Today, we must reaffirm that our future will be determined by people like Chris Stevens -- and not by his killers. Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations.

Remarks by the President to the UN General Assembly | The White House

I agree and Benghazi was preventable.

They could have beefed up security or closed the embassy and brought our folks home just like the Brits and the Red Cross did. Thats the bottom line.

Instead they did nothing and four good men died.

Of course you'll notice the minute anyone talks about Benghazi the left brings up 9/11.

Apparantly deflection beats the hell out of admitting that Hilbat fucked up. That fuck up cost four men their lives and oh yeah, the buck stops right on Barry's, cover his ass for the election, desk.

Last edited:

But understand, the attacks of the last two weeks are not simply an assault on America. They are also an assault on the very ideals upon which the United Nations was founded -- the notion that people can resolve their differences peacefully; that diplomacy can take the place of war; that in an interdependent world, all of us have a stake in working towards greater opportunity and security for our citizens.

If we are serious about upholding these ideals, it will not be enough to put more guards in front of an embassy, or to put out statements of regret and wait for the outrage to pass. If we are serious about these ideals, we must speak honestly about the deeper causes of the crisis -- because we face a choice between the forces that would drive us apart and the hopes that we hold in common.

Today, we must reaffirm that our future will be determined by people like Chris Stevens -- and not by his killers. Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations.

To a certain point, I agree. However, if all are not on board for diplomacy, it will prove to be a waste of time. For example, I am one who believes Iran is gaming us because I do not believe they are interested in diplomacy....so six months from now we will be 6 months behind in stopping their nuclear aspirations and they will be six months ahead...

But putting that aside....

No, extra security would not have prevented the attack. Another 10 guards would have meant another 20 militants engaging in the attack and likely another 5 dead Americans.

However, when the dialogue was all about an AMERICAN exercising his right to free speech as the cause for the attack and thus the cause of the murders it gave more fuel to the fire.

They HATE our constitution. They hate our way of life. They hate the fact that we can express ourselves openly.

And our government blamed exactly that. THEY PUT THE BLAME ON OUR WAY OF LIFE.......most certainly in they eyes of the radical Islamic community.

Sure, the President talked about bringing the murderers to justice.....BUT THE INTERNATIONAL STORY WAS ALL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT BLAMING THE VIDEO...AND THE ENSUING CONTOVERSY.

The President blew this one Boo.....

His election was more important that four dead men in Benghazi JH. That was way more imprtant that four dead men.

Four dead men he could care less about.

To a certain point, I agree. However, if all are not on board for diplomacy, it will prove to be a waste of time. For example, I am one who believes Iran is gaming us because I do not believe they are interested in diplomacy....so six months from now we will be 6 months behind in stopping their nuclear aspirations and they will be six months ahead...

No, extra security would not have prevented the attack. Another 10 guards would have meant another 20 militants engaging in the attack and likely another 5 dead Americans.

However, when the dialogue was all about an AMERICAN exercising his right to free speech as the cause for the attack and thus the cause of the murders it gave more fuel to the fire.

They HATE our constitution. They hate our way of life. They hate the fact that we can express ourselves openly.

And our government blamed exactly that. THEY PUT THE BLAME ON OUR WAY OF LIFE.......most certainly in they eyes of the radical Islamic community.

Sure, the President talked about bringing the murderers to justice.....BUT THE INTERNATIONAL STORY WAS ALL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT BLAMING THE VIDEO...AND THE ENSUING CONTOVERSY.

The GOP Candidate blew it. President Obama clearly states that "Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations. "

He doesn't say publishing offensive video has no place, but intolerance and violent reaction to such things.

The 9-11 Commission also deem the attacks that day in 2001 were preventable. Who was held accountable then?

no one tried to cover up 911

That didn't take long.

The report UNEQUIVOCALLY states that the WH was in no way guilty of trying to alter the "talking points" in any way that can be considered a cover up.

There was no cover up.

The GOP Candidate blew it. President Obama clearly states that "Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations. "

He doesn't say publishing offensive video has no place, but intolerance and violent reaction to such things.

He spoke of the video in the Rose Garden Boo. He THEN said violence and intolerance has no place.

His speech in the Rose Garden was in response to the attack. Mentioning the video was not necessary as he knew it had nothing to do with Benghazi.

He gave all listening reason to believe he was blaming the video on the attack.

It would be like Bush talking about the Iran Hostage Crisis while addressing the nation on 9-11-01

Forum List

Back