Senate Report Concludes the Benghazi Attacks Were Preventable

To a certain point, I agree. However, if all are not on board for diplomacy, it will prove to be a waste of time. For example, I am one who believes Iran is gaming us because I do not believe they are interested in diplomacy....so six months from now we will be 6 months behind in stopping their nuclear aspirations and they will be six months ahead...

But putting that aside....

No, extra security would not have prevented the attack. Another 10 guards would have meant another 20 militants engaging in the attack and likely another 5 dead Americans.

However, when the dialogue was all about an AMERICAN exercising his right to free speech as the cause for the attack and thus the cause of the murders it gave more fuel to the fire.

They HATE our constitution. They hate our way of life. They hate the fact that we can express ourselves openly.

And our government blamed exactly that. THEY PUT THE BLAME ON OUR WAY OF LIFE.......most certainly in they eyes of the radical Islamic community.

Sure, the President talked about bringing the murderers to justice.....BUT THE INTERNATIONAL STORY WAS ALL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT BLAMING THE VIDEO...AND THE ENSUING CONTOVERSY.

The President blew this one Boo.....

The GOP Candidate blew it. President Obama clearly states that "Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations. "

He doesn't say publishing offensive video has no place, but intolerance and violent reaction to such things.

He spoke of the video in the Rose Garden Boo. He THEN said violence and intolerance has no place.

His speech in the Rose Garden was in response to the attack. Mentioning the video was not necessary as he knew it had nothing to do with Benghazi.

He gave all listening reason to believe he was blaming the video on the attack.

It would be like Bush talking about the Iran Hostage Crisis while addressing the nation on 9-11-01

??? That would be a 22 year gap. The reaction to the video-trailer was currently unfolding when he spoke the next morning. So your analogy doesn't apply at all.

Stupid Islamaphobic YouTube Video Sparks Stupid Riots In Middle East: Gothamist

The GOP Candidate blew it. President Obama clearly states that "Today, we must declare that this violence and intolerance has no place among our United Nations. "

He doesn't say publishing offensive video has no place, but intolerance and violent reaction to such things.

He spoke of the video in the Rose Garden Boo. He THEN said violence and intolerance has no place.

His speech in the Rose Garden was in response to the attack. Mentioning the video was not necessary as he knew it had nothing to do with Benghazi.

It would be like Bush talking about the Iran Hostage Crisis while addressing the nation on 9-11-01

??? That would be a 22 year gap. The reaction to the video-trailer was currently unfolding when he spoke the next morning. So your analogy doesn't apply at all.

True...poor analogy.

But you are bright enough to understand the reason for an analogy.

How about this...

It would be like Bush Jr. talking about the Bush/Gore election controversy on 9-11-01 and then saying "those who did this will be brought to justice"...

It would give reason for people to believe he was blaming those who believed he stole the election as the cause for the attack.

The 9-11 Commission also deem the attacks that day in 2001 were preventable. Who was held accountable then?

no one tried to cover up 911

That didn't take long.

The report UNEQUIVOCALLY states that the WH was in no way guilty of trying to alter the "talking points" in any way that can be considered a cover up.

There was no cover up.

Response: Yeah well, thats just like, what they say maaan. Proof doesnt change my mind

True...poor analogy.

How about this...

It would be like Bush Jr. talking about the Bush/Gore election controversy on 9-11-01 and then saying "those who did this will be brought to justice"...

It would give reason for people to believe he was blaming those who believed he stole the election as the cause for the attack.

The riots were still happening when he gave the Rose Garden speech. I think a better analogy would be when President Bush would talk about Iraq, al Qaeda and the threat of nuclear attack on an American city. Never actually linking the Iraq and al Qaeda, but giving some the impression that Iraq supported al Qaeda and was going to give them an atomic weapon to smuggle into the US for an attack.

True...poor analogy.

How about this...

The riots were still happening when he gave the Rose Garden speech. I think a better analogy would be when President Bush would talk about Iraq, al Qaeda and the threat of nuclear attack on an American city. Never actually linking the Iraq and al Qaeda, but giving some the impression that Iraq supported al Qaeda and was going to give them an atomic weapon to smuggle into the US for an attack.

lol. I refused to go there. I am smarter than that.

But truth is, the riots were still going on but that speech in the Rose Garden was to address the nation regarding the killing of four Americans in Benghazi....so for him to bring up the video gave all those listening reason to believe he was blaming the video.

And then the subsequent remarks by Jay Carney and Susan Rice solidified it.

No reason to go back on forth on this. I get where you are coming from....and I sure as heck know where I am coming from.

You must not have gotten the memo that the cover up has been exposed. You can stop trying to blame a video that had nothing to do with the situation.

As I've posted many times, that video caused deadly riots all over the world. Stop being dense. You know how Muslims get when their religion is mocked. They did just what right wingers hoped they would do.

How many deaths were there in other riots? Do you know?

I do. What's your point?

As I've posted many times, that video caused deadly riots all over the world. Stop being dense. You know how Muslims get when their religion is mocked. They did just what right wingers hoped they would do.

How many deaths were there in other riots? Do you know?

I do. What's your point?

He asked how many.

You, as you usually do, don't answer and ask a question.

You are a farce. You don't debate. You bait. Nothing more.

Shoo, child.

True...poor analogy.

How about this...

I don't remember Bush ever saying anything like that. I would believe quote from him in a link. I did hear a lot of leading Democrats talking about WMD's and nuclear weapons before they voted FOR the Iraq war. And I have furnished the quotes with links several times on USMB.

I do. What's your point?

He asked how many.

You, as you usually do, don't answer and ask a question.

You are a farce. You don't debate. You bait. Nothing more.

Shoo, child.

His question was rhetorical.
No. It was not. It was a valid question in response to your position.
And your answer would either strengthen your position or weaken it....depending on the answer.

And the fact that you didn't answer gives me reason to believe that you were well aware that it would weaken your position.

And thus why I say you don't debate. You don't.

FYI:

our free speech does not apply to idiots overseas.

why are libs so ignorant and so willing to defend murderers and terrorists?

Considering the video had nothing to do with why they attacked, it doesnt seem like a good defense for them anyway.

If 4 American deaths in Libya were preventable and that's supposed to be a really big deal,

how many of the 4000+ American deaths in Iraq were preventable?

All of them.

And that's 1000 times the 'big deal' that Libya was.

True...poor analogy.

How about this...

I don't remember Bush ever saying anything like that. I would believe quote from him in a link. I did hear a lot of leading Democrats talking about WMD's and nuclear weapons before they voted FOR the Iraq war. And I have furnished the quotes with links several times on USMB.

Detailed Analysis of October 7, 2002 Speech by Bush on Iraq | Accuracy.Org

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq | Mother Jones

There should be a Senate report that concludes that the Iraq war was preventable.

Detailed Analysis of October 7, 2002 Speech by Bush on Iraq | Accuracy.Org

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq | Mother Jones

lol.

I read that detailed analysis.

Please..

If only people would pay HALF the amount of attention to what Obama says in his speeches.

FYI:

our free speech does not apply to idiots overseas.

why are libs so ignorant and so willing to defend murderers and terrorists?

Considering the video had nothing to do with why they attacked, it doesnt seem like a good defense for them anyway.

Right right. Except that fact that it did.......

No.

You can not say "fact"..

You can say "in my opinion"..

But top say "fact" is an outright lie.

The 9-11 Commission also deem the attacks that day in 2001 were preventable. Who was held accountable then?

That didn't take long.

The report UNEQUIVOCALLY states that the WH was in no way guilty of trying to alter the "talking points" in any way that can be considered a cover up.

There was no cover up.

Sure. So we had a month of the White house blaming Benghazi on a video when they knew otherwise because they weren't trying to cover up a terrorist attack and gun running a month before Obama's reelection?

Some of us actually look at the evidence rather than just quoting what someone else says about the evidence. When it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it sure as heck isn't a coyote.

That didn't take long.

There was no cover up.

Sure. So we had a month of the White house blaming Benghazi on a video when they knew otherwise because they weren't trying to cover up a terrorist attack and gun running a month before Obama's reelection?

Some of us actually look at the evidence rather than just quoting what someone else says about the evidence. When it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it sure as heck isn't a coyote.
Everyone knows obama and hitlery lied, Avatar, even morons like laughingalone. They'll just never admit it, ever. When libtards circle the wagons, they lie until the last man is down, even when everyone already knows they're finished.

Forum List

Back