Senator rober byrd, democrat, was a member of the klan, tear down his statue...

Now that is funny.

“These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again. [Said to Senator Richard Russell, Jr. (D-GA) regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1957]”
Lyndon B. Johnson
]
Now that is funny

“And isn’t it funny. I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” O’Donnell recalled Trump saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

“I think the guy is lazy,” Trump said of a black employee, according to O’Donnell. “And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

Here Are 13 Examples Of Donald Trump Being Racist | HuffPost

Did Trump use the power of government to oppress blacks? Did he vote against the Civil Rights of blacks and vote against anti lynching laws....johnson did, he had actual power and used it to violate the human rights of Black Americans, and only stopped because Blacks were now able to vote......

Still pissed off that Johnson passed the most important civil rights Act in the 20th century eh?

Johnson was a racist...who jumped on the Civil Rights issue only after blacks could vote.....he voted against every civil rights act until the end...when he realized the democrat controlled kkk couldn't murder blacks into not voting.....

Are your posts supposed to actually be coherent?

Maybe you can post a translation?

This perpetual parade of Islam Christiananality pedophile mentalities for almost 60 years rewriting history lacks white washing translation except for that KKK super ego "man is God" .
[QUOTE="Syriusly, post:]
Byrd was a Klan member from the early 40's to somewhere before 1952-maybe 11 years total.
For a man who was a Senator for 51 years-none of them as a KKK member-yeah it was a passing fad'-or as he called it "the worst mistake' he ever made.

But he was 50 years ago. Enough for the trump cult to dredge up.
No mention of don Sr as a KKK guy[/QUOTE]

Barely 7 years since he passed away & he was still KKK with all those other ChristHitlers & crooks on Capitol Hill.

Honey, he didn't pass it. Congress did. He had previously opposed civil rights legislation for Blacks in this country.

"During his first 20 years in Congress," Obama said, "he opposed every civil rights bill that came up for a vote, once calling the push for federal legislation a farce and a shame."

The Civil Rights Act of 1957, effectively a voting rights bill, was the first Civil Rights legislation enacted in the United States since Reconstruction. The bill passed the House with a vote of 285 to 126 (Republicans 167-19 for, Democrats 118-107 for) and the Senate 72 to 18 (Republicans 43-0 for, Democrats 29-18 for). President Eisenhower signed it on September 9, 1957. By the time the Bill was passed it was watered down significantly from what Eisenhower’s Attorney-General, Herbert Brownwell, originally intended when producing the bill. Lyndon Baines Johnson was the Senate Majority leader at the time and did his best to slow the progress of civil rights. Johnson sent the bill to a Senate judiciary committee which would examine it for flaws, controversial and unconstitutional points etc. This committee was led by Senator James Eastland (D-MS). Committee heads have the ability to greatly alter and change bills, which is exactly what Eastland did. The result was a watered down bill that didn’t do much to help matters, but did open the door for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act down the road. The loopholes left in the 1957 bill led Eisenhower to sign the 1960 Civil Rights Act, which tried to close up some of the loose ends.
Following Eisenhower, there was another decade (1960s) of Democrat rule, and the subsequent filibustering that slowed, but could not stop, the civil rights movement...

Fast forward to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This bill was a huge victory for minorities and the Republicans who fought for civil rights. It ended all major forms of discrimination against racial, ethnic, national and religious minorities, and women. It put an end to unequal voter registration requirements and segregation in schools, workplaces, and public services such as restaurants. Passage of this bill wasn’t so easy though.

The bill was brought to a vote in the House on February 10, 1964, and passed by a vote of 290 to 130,(with support from 80% of Republicans and a whopping 40% disapproval from Dems) and sent to the Senate. Since it was passed in the House first it went directly to the Senate calendar, bypassing the normal committee review. This rule is rarely used, but supporters of the bill wanted to avoid the probable delay of the bill in the Senate Judiciary Committee. This left the bill’s opposers with only the filibuster to try and stop a vote. Senator Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage. Russell was quoted saying, “We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our states.”

For the next three months Democrats filibustered. The only way to end the filibuster was with cloture which requires 2/3s of the senate to vote in favor of bringing the bill to a vote. The minority leader, Everett Dirksen, R-IL, played a pivotal role for the civil rights bill. On June 10, 1964, his substantial efforts in support of the bill culminated in an impassioned appeal to the Senate to support cloture and hold the vote. On this extraordinary occasion, the Senate voted for cloture, 71-29 — 44 Democrats and 27 Republicans voted in favor. Opposed were 23 Democrats and 6 Republicans. In the eventual vote the Senate passed the bill with only 31% of Dems and 16% of Republicans voting no.

When Kennedy’s successor, Lyndon Johnson, took the throne, he realized that the fight for segregation was a losing one and decided to flip the switch. LBJ was quoted as saying, “I’ll have those ******* voting Democrat for 200 years.”

Going back to the 50’s for a moment, let me give a little back story on LBJ. As I said earlier, he was the Democrat Senate Majority Leader when Eisenhower sponsored the civil rights act from 1957, and the 1960 voting rights act. It was Johnson who lead the fight against these bills and was a big part of why they were so watered down. Back to the 60’s, when Johnson took over, after JFK’s assassination, he had a chance to jump on the upcoming Civil Rights act of 1964 and claim it as his own. So he took advantage, in his own words, “These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”

Johnson did sign the bill but it is evident to anyone who looks close enough that he did not do it for any reason other than political gain. As with his appointment of Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court. He explained his decision to a staff member by saying, “Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he’s a ******.”

By this time the civil rights movement was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and the Democrat party was finally realizing they could no longer leave their racism on their sleeves. They began slowly rewriting history and devising new ways to keep the black people in poverty and voting Democrat. They went from publicly displaying a belief that blacks and whites should be separate and that blacks shouldn’t vote, to backing legislation to keep blacks on the government teat and in the slums, and to make sure if blacks did get to vote, they would always vote Democrat.
LBJ | True Storey
Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963... "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".
Of Thurgood Marshall-
"Son, when I appoint a n-----r to the court, I want everyone to know he's a n-----r."

The above are facts.
Kennedy was the only Dem that wanted to see some change, but didn't live long enough to realize it.

Now that is funny.

“These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again. [Said to Senator Richard Russell, Jr. (D-GA) regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1957]”
Lyndon B. Johnson
]
Now that is funny

“And isn’t it funny. I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” O’Donnell recalled Trump saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

“I think the guy is lazy,” Trump said of a black employee, according to O’Donnell. “And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

Did Trump use the power of government to oppress blacks? Did he vote against the Civil Rights of blacks and vote against anti lynching laws....johnson did, he had actual power and used it to violate the human rights of Black Americans, and only stopped because Blacks were now able to vote......

Still pissed off that Johnson passed the most important civil rights Act in the 20th century eh?

Figured it was a Freudian slip leaving the t out of Robert to honor the national religion of all those KKK cross burnings the way Rehnquist's immaculate drug trafficking conception for date in the early 1950's to negate all those thieving US Constitution arsonists serving Byrd's early 1960's drug trafficking churchstate federal lynching jihads to negate a Papal entourage of thieving JFK bereavement memorial arsonists that baptize eyes by urination to be higher than God with "man is God" super egos while cross conditioning themselves in human farming techniques for another thousand years to build a flying rock pyramid to the stars as Pharaohs tried while now only as a communism of Islam Christiananality pedophile mentality the way monies went into statues.

Inconvenience truth: Democrats tried to block the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Racism is in the DNA of the Democratic Party.

Democrats in thieving absentee voting ballots action claiming it civil blocked equal justice under law fixing elections just as Republicans blocked any attempts to interfere in Christianity's planned second coming business with Islam help thru 9/11 hoping an outcome of liberty & justice for all Christians just as SCOTUS Rehnquist immaculate conception as a drug trafficking murderer blocked Byrd's drug trafficking lynching which blocked that "serve the Pope or die" entourage of trover & conversion to churchstate property baptism by urinations, but could expect little else from homicidal sociopsychopathic Islam cross conditioned Christiananality pedophile mentalities since they've already destroyed most of civilization playing king of the pyramid evolved into an unearthly scheme it's obvious committing suicide in the universe on behalf of humanity is about all the world is & will ever be......

Democrats in thieving absentee voting ballots action claiming it civil blocked equal justice under law fixing elections just as Republicans blocked any attempts to interfere in Christianity's planned second coming business with Islam help thru 9/11 hoping an outcome of liberty & justice for all Christians just as SCOTUS Rehnquist immaculate conception as a drug trafficking murderer blocked Byrd's drug trafficking lynching which blocked that "serve the Pope or die" entourage of trover & conversion to churchstate property baptism by urinations, but could expect little else from homicidal sociopsychopathic Islam cross conditioned Christiananality pedophile mentalities since they've already destroyed most of civilization playing king of the pyramid evolved into an unearthly scheme it's obvious committing suicide in the universe on behalf of humanity is about all the world is & will ever be......
Two things, take your meds, and try using periods.

There's that survival of the fittest fascists "serve the Pope or die" jihad......

There's that survival of the fittest fascists "serve the Pope or die" jihad......
Fuck him too.

Trump is selling off our national parks and fed lands and we are talking about confederate statues. That confederate flag should be in a museum. Its history.

and any streets -buildings or anything else named after the leftist racist

Now that is funny.

Lyndon B. Johnson
]
Now that is funny

Johnson was a racist...who jumped on the Civil Rights issue only after blacks could vote.....he voted against every civil rights act until the end...when he realized the democrat controlled kkk couldn't murder blacks into not voting.....

LOL- you lie easier than you breath.

Johnson- like Lincoln- was a racist- and a racist who passed the most important Civil Rights legislation in the 20th century- and voted in 1957 and 1960 for Civil Rights Act- i.e. you have been caught lying again.

You are just pissed off that Johnson passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The act that the GOP presidential nominees Goldwater, Reagan and Bush all opposed.

Inconvenient truth.

Republicans tried to block the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Republicans nominated for President one of the non-southerners to vote against the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and nominated two more Presidents who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Luckily- Democrats- with Republican assistance passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Honey, he didn't pass it. Congress did. He had previously opposed civil rights legislation for Blacks in this country.]

Honey? LOL

President Kennedy proposed the bill that became the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
President Johnson pushed the legislation through Congress- starting with Johnson's first address to the American people after Kennedy's assassination.

upload_2017-8-22_13-43-19.png

And of course- Johnson voted for Civil Rights in 1957 and 1960.

But hey- great attempt to rewrite history!

Honey, he didn't pass it. Congress did. He had previously opposed civil rights legislation for Blacks in this country.]

Honey? LOL

President Johnson pushed the legislation through Congress- starting with Johnson's first address to the American people after Kennedy's assassination.

View attachment 145466

Unfortunately it was all window dressing as sometimes getting it wrong is a rite of megalomaniacal crusades to create the holy ghost of a pedophile resident as would have never guessed Chief Justice Rehnquist federal perjury of one nation under God with equal justice under law after an immaculate drug trafficking conception prior to being born & for that matter even conceived for IslamoNazi security of a Fourth Reich like those Nazis Kristallnacht synagogue plunderings & ransackings after all of those 24 separate incidents concerning the same 5 items in over 3 1/2 years at a university in the 70's of thieving US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, old glory, then realized after the 3 1/2 years all 24 had been swapped for donated President presented old glories in business excellence according to a Holocaust survivor, old testament & Israel flags was about as sincere as the Catholic Church assassination of JFK so the cross is higher than old glory just as a Papal entourage of Islam Christiananality pedophiles which baptize eyes by urinations is higher than SCOTUS so the race for space master plan would only be controlled by the Islam Christiananality pedophile mentalities in some Reichquest for yet another master race master plan for business of survival of those fittest fascists while doing the carrot on a stick trick calling it civil rights.

Honey? LOL

View attachment 145466

Unfortunately it was all ..... it civil rights.

That is as much as I bothered to read of your alphabet soup post.

Inconvenient truth.

Republicans nominated for President one of the non-southerners to vote against the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and nominated two more Presidents who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Luckily- Democrats- with Republican assistance passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
LOL You must enjoy being fulla shit. This is from a totally anti Trump, pro Democrat source...CNN.

What you might not know about the 1964 Civil Rights Act - CNNPolitics
More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats

140407085556-14-civil-rights-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Photos: The civil rights movement in photos
"Most people don't realize that today at all -- in proportional terms, a far higher percentage of Republicans voted for this bill than did Democrats"

Like I said, racism and bigotry are in the DNA of the Democratic Party.

Inconvenient truth.

LOL You must enjoy being fulla shit. This is from a totally anti Trump, pro Democrat source...CNN.

Hmmm you must hate being such an asshole loser- you need to learn to read more than headlines.

More Democrats voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act- than Republicans- here is the math:

The Senate version:[22]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[22]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)
46 Democrats in the Senate
136 Democrats in the House
182 Democrats voted 'aye' on the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

27 Republicans in the Senate
136 Republicans in the House
163 Republicans voted 'aye' on the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Like i said- by 182 to 163- more Democrats than Republicans voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

The 1964 Civil Rights act proposed by President Kennedy, and pushed through- and signed by President Johnson.

Opposed by the 1964 GOP Presidential nominee.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act was primarily opposed by conservative southern white men- the same men who are upset about Confederate statues coming down.

Inconvenient truth.

140407085556-14-civil-rights-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Photos: The civil rights movement in photos
"Most people don't realize that today at all -- in proportional terms, a far higher percentage of Republicans voted for this bill than did Democrats"

Like I said, racism and bigotry are in the DNA of the Democratic Party.

Racism and bigotry are the DNA of the modern Republican Party- Martin Luther King Jr. could well have been speaking of the election of Donald Trump when commenting about the 1964 election.

Martin Luther King Jr.
The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

Some interesting factoids:

100% of Southern Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act- while there 8 Southern Democrats who voted for the Civil Rights Act.

There were only 6 non-Southern Senators who voted against the bill- 5 of them were Republicans.

And the Republicans nominated one of them to be President.

Honey? LOL

View attachment 145466

Awesome citation. Thank you.

Forum List

Back