Separation of church and State....Hmmmm

I wonder where the Church and State separation libs are on this one?
Or will they respond with " That's different" ...or "Nothing to see here"..Or "Where is this? In some county full of intolerant Caucasian hillbillies?...
Either way, the libs will not be able to sensibly discuss the comparisons that make when separation of Church and State issues arise regarding the Christian faith.
This ought to be good...
Augusta County Schools Will be Closed on Friday Due to 'Tone and Content' of Calls and E-mails
I wonder how many liberals oppose teaching about other parts of the world and their religions.
In other words "that's different"...Correct?
No religion in public schools( according to you libs) means exactly that.
BTW, this requirement by the Augusta County schools has nothing to do with world history.
Its a sneaky way to get students indoctrinated into Islam and how the religion "has been persecuted by( Fill in the blank).....
Obviously the parents and students want none of this. And it's unnecessary.
Wrong.

No one has ever advocated that there can be 'no religion in schools,' including 'libs.'

Government may not endorse religion, it may not promote religion, and it must not become excessively entangled in religion.

Again, government references to religion are Constitutional when such references are made pursuant to a secular purpose, such as a writing or literature class.

It warrants repeating: the ignorance of the Constitution common to most conservatives is both stunning and troubling – this thread's premise being one of many examples.

A HS teacher in world geography gave the kids an assignment to trace Arabic calligraphy with the saying there is no god but allah, and demonstrated a "head scarf." Their was outrage, including apparently threats. The school says there's nothing improper about the assignment since part of the geography curriculum was to explore other religions.

Augusta County Schools Close After Controversy Over ‘There Is No God But Allah’ Islamic Calligraphy Lesson

Thank God, the teacher wasn't teaching about human sexuality. LOL

he controversy started when a lesson in World Geography class asked students to try to copy an example of Arabic calligraphy. The phrase was a statement of Islamic faith but the students were "not asked to translate the statement or to recite it.” Rather, the purpose of the exercise was to give students an “idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy.”

faith.jpg

High School Teacher’s Lesson In Arabic Calligraphy Prompts Closure Of Entire School District

In other words...a ridiculous overreaction.
And if it were a statement of faith to Christianity written in Gaelic Dialect?
You lib's heads would explode.
Wrong again.

Such a lesson clearly has a secular purpose, it seeks not to promote Christianity but provide instruction.

No 'exploding heads,' 'libs' in particular – the notion is idiocy.

Unlike many on the right, liberals know and understand Establishment Clause jurisprudence, they know when the First Amendment allows religious expression by government and when it does not; they respect that jurisprudence and apply it correctly and consistently.

Or will they respond with " That's different" ...or "Nothing to see here"..Or "Where is this? In some county full of intolerant Caucasian hillbillies?...
Either way, the libs will not be able to sensibly discuss the comparisons that make when separation of Church and State issues arise regarding the Christian faith.
This ought to be good...
Augusta County Schools Will be Closed on Friday Due to 'Tone and Content' of Calls and E-mails
Separation of church and state...essential for national survival...heed it.
Separation of head and ass...essential for Libtard survival. Not happening.

This ought to be good...
how can you sensibly discuss something that makes no sense?
church and state are separate.. end of discussion
Not according to this..This is a public school district advancing one religion over others. Period.
If you don't want to discuss the issue, then don't bother typing....
There i no issue except the one you are trying to create by deliberate misrepresentation or wilful ignorance.

This ought to be good...
Not according to this..This is a public school district advancing one religion over others. Period.
There i no issue except the one you are trying to create by deliberate misrepresentation or wilful ignorance.
You dismiss it because it does not fit your liberal narrative.

This ought to be good...

When will you Leftists ever understand - NOWHERE in the Constitution does it call for anything similar to "Separation of church and state!!!" :9:

It's a straw man concocted by progressives to further their atheist agenda.

This ought to be good...

Lay off the eggnog.

This ought to be good...

When will you Leftists ever understand - NOWHERE in the Constitution does it call for anything similar to "Separation of church and state!!!" :9:

Absolute bullshit

Unbelievable... this country was founded partially on the notion that there is no state sponsored religion, and the left decries that but embraces and defends Islam that by its very nature is a political and religious system all wrapped together as one. There is no distinction.

Goofy I tell ya.

This ought to be good...
You dismiss it because it does not fit your liberal narrative.
I dismiss it because it's a product or racism and paranoia.
You assholes never bother to ask even the most basic questions like :how many times had the exercise been done before with no problems?
My guess is many.
If you are unable or unwilling to see that someone including the op has used the current batshit level of fear to cause more shit , you are either ignorant or enjoying the situation.

This ought to be good...

Absolute bullshit
Ok..Find it. Post it here.
Failure to do so is bullshit on you.

This ought to be good...

Absolute bullshit
Ok..Find it. Post it here.
Failure to do so is bullshit on you.
nice dodge!

A HS teacher in world geography gave the kids an assignment to trace Arabic calligraphy with the saying there is no god but allah, and demonstrated a "head scarf." Their was outrage, including apparently threats. The school says there's nothing improper about the assignment since part of the geography curriculum was to explore other religions.

Augusta County Schools Close After Controversy Over ‘There Is No God But Allah’ Islamic Calligraphy Lesson

Thank God, the teacher wasn't teaching about human sexuality. LOL

Why would religious topics be covered in geography, wouldn't it be better suited for a philosophy class?

I think the best way to avoid any tricks the left plays is simply not to cooperate. The parents should have just taken their kids out of class that day just to avoid the assignment.

Why would religious topics be covered in geography, wouldn't it be better suited for a philosophy class?

Most high schools don't have dedicated philosophy courses. Normally high schools will fold rudimentary material on subjects otherwise not available into other courses as appropriate and relevant. For example, in lieu of philosophy courses a world history class may contain introductory lessons on philosophy. A geography class can include cultural studies and may contain basic lessons on major world religions. A Latin course may contain instruction on classical era mythology. Math courses may contain introductory logic lessons.

Most high schools don't have dedicated philosophy courses. Normally high schools will fold rudimentary material on subjects otherwise not available into other courses as appropriate and relevant. For example, in lieu of philosophy courses a world history class may contain introductory lessons on philosophy. A geography class can include cultural studies and may contain basic lessons on major world religions. A Latin course may contain instruction on classical era mythology. Math courses may contain introductory logic lessons.

So that's why we have folks that can't read a simple map but they can write religious phrases in Arabic. Talk about a waste of resources.

Forum List

Back