Separation of church and State....Hmmmm

The school district was closed because of threatening calls and emails?

From whom?
No threats were mentioned. Only the concerns of parents and students...
The school district administration did not expect any push back. They never do.
In this case, the people of Augusta County made it abundantly clear they were not pleased with this lesson plan.
So rather than deal with the push back, the administrators chickened out and closed the schools. They also showed their petulance by cancelling all extra curricular activities for the entire weekend. That is the administration's way getting back at those who dared to disagree with them...
The community should get them back by firing their asses. I imagine they will.

Unbelievable... this country was founded partially on the notion that there is no state sponsored religion, and the left decries that but embraces and defends Islam that by its very nature is a political and religious system all wrapped together as one. There is no distinction.

Goofy I tell ya.
The country was founded based on the notion that the state doesn't have the authority to force the people to pay taxes for shit they don't want to leaders who have no connection to themselves.

It's about time for another revolution.

BTW, Jefferson wanted the national religion to be Christianity. The Danbury Baptists talked him out of it.

I wonder where the Church and State separation libs are on this one?
Or will they respond with " That's different" ...or "Nothing to see here"..Or "Where is this? In some county full of intolerant Caucasian hillbillies?...
Either way, the libs will not be able to sensibly discuss the comparisons that make when separation of Church and State issues arise regarding the Christian faith.
This ought to be good...
Augusta County Schools Will be Closed on Friday Due to 'Tone and Content' of Calls and E-mails

What exactly as you complaining about? That they have a Christmas break?

Or will they respond with " That's different" ...or "Nothing to see here"..Or "Where is this? In some county full of intolerant Caucasian hillbillies?...
Either way, the libs will not be able to sensibly discuss the comparisons that make when separation of Church and State issues arise regarding the Christian faith.
This ought to be good...
Augusta County Schools Will be Closed on Friday Due to 'Tone and Content' of Calls and E-mails

I must be missing something. This is an issue of security (false or not). What does church / state have to do with here?
The students are being required to write a statement of faith to Islam.
If the lesson was to simply copy the writing, the lesson should have included random words.
========
It is NOT a statement of faith for the students to simply copy the calligraphy as an example of how complex calligraphy is.

Only if they understood what the language says and agree with it and INTEND for it to be a statement of faith could it be considered such.

At least by reasonably intelligent people which is why the right winger are raising so much hell about it.

The school district was closed because of threatening calls and emails?

From whom?
No threats were mentioned. Only the concerns of parents and students...
The school district administration did not expect any push back. They never do.
In this case, the people of Augusta County made it abundantly clear they were not pleased with this lesson plan.
So rather than deal with the push back, the administrators chickened out and closed the schools. They also showed their petulance by cancelling all extra curricular activities for the entire weekend. That is the administration's way getting back at those who dared to disagree with them...

So the protestors threats ruined the weekend events? Probably should have thought ahead.

Unbelievable... this country was founded partially on the notion that there is no state sponsored religion, and the left decries that but embraces and defends Islam that by its very nature is a political and religious system all wrapped together as one. There is no distinction.

Goofy I tell ya.
The country was founded based on the notion that the state doesn't have the authority to force the people to pay taxes for shit they don't want to leaders who have no connection to themselves.

BTW, Jefferson wanted the national religion to be Christianity. The Danbury Baptists talked him out of it.
==============
You couldn't be much more wrong if you tried.

The nation was founded upon the protest of ' taxation without representation ' not that they couldn't force people to pay taxes for stuff they didn't want.

They didn't want to pay taxes without having representation in the discussion of those taxes and what they would be spent on.

They wanted to ELECT REPRESENTATIVES.

They refused to pay taxes WITHOUT HAVING REPRESENTATION.

They DID NOT REFUSE TO PAY ANY TAXES --- THAT IS MODERN DAY DEADBEAT REPUBLICANS.

The people who founded America were not protesting taxes for things they didn't want --- they were protesting being taxed without representation.

It wasn't the tax itself they objected to === it was not having representation.

And, taxes were only one issue.

They also wanted freedom of religion ( or from religion ).

And self-governance. They didn't think the King of England knew what was good for the people of this country nor did he give a damn really. He just wanted more money.

Last edited:
This ought to be good...
I wonder how many liberals oppose teaching about other parts of the world and their religions.
In other words "that's different"...Correct?
No religion in public schools( according to you libs) means exactly that.
BTW, this requirement by the Augusta County schools has nothing to do with world history.
Its a sneaky way to get students indoctrinated into Islam and how the religion "has been persecuted by( Fill in the blank).....
Obviously the parents and students want none of this. And it's unnecessary.

Did you see the lesson?

faith.jpg

They were not asked to translate or recite the statement, just to copy the calligraphy.
Why were the asked to copy the writing?
It is not the writing in and of itself where the problem arises. It's what the wiring says.
If this were an actual lesson in how to write this way, the words would have been random. Not a "statement of faith" to Islam.
Very slick. But they got busted.

How is this lesson different then let's say attempting to write in Chinese, Korean or Japanese chatacters? It was meant to expose high school kids to cultural differences.

This ought to be good...
I wonder how many liberals oppose teaching about other parts of the world and their religions.
BTW, this requirement by the Augusta County schools has nothing to do with world history.
Its a sneaky way to get students indoctrinated into Islam and how the religion "has been persecuted by( Fill in the blank).....

Did you see the lesson?

faith.jpg

They were not asked to translate or recite the statement, just to copy the calligraphy.
It is not the writing in and of itself where the problem arises. It's what the wiring says.
If this were an actual lesson in how to write this way, the words would have been random. Not a "statement of faith" to Islam.

How is this lesson different then let's say attempting to write in Chinese, Korean or Japanese chatacters? It was meant to expose high school kids to cultural differences.
===========
Well you're close.

It was meant to show them how complex and complicated calligraphy could be.

Not really about CULTURAL DIFFERENCES but simply about the complex nature of calligraphy.

Presumably he chose that as an example because of it's extreme complexity.

They were not required to speak it or recite the English equivalent. They didn't discuss the MEANING of the calligraphy only how complex it was to make it.

Did you see the lesson?

faith.jpg

===========
Well you're close.

It was meant to show them how complex and complicated calligraphy could be.

Not really about CULTURAL DIFFERENCES but simply about the complex nature of calligraphy.

Presumably he chose that as an example because of it's extreme complexity.

They were not required to speak it or recite the English equivalent. They didn't discuss the MEANING of the calligraphy only how complex it was to make it.

I was attempting to simplify the lesson for the more simple among us. They see Islamic something or other and they lose their shit.

Goofy I tell ya.

==============

The nation was founded upon the protest of ' taxation without representation ' not that they couldn't force people to pay taxes for stuff they didn't want.

They didn't want to pay taxes without having representation in the discussion of those taxes and what they would be spent on.

They DID NOT REFUSE TO PAY ANY TAXES --- THAT IS MODERN DAY DEADBEAT REPUBLICANS.

The people who founded America were not protesting taxes for things they didn't want --- they were protesting being taxed without representation.

And self-governance. They didn't think the King of England knew what was good for the people of this country nor did he give a damn really. He just wanted more money.
Fun fact,kosherhag is incorrect about everything all the time.

This ought to be good...

I must be missing something. This is an issue of security (false or not). What does church / state have to do with here?
The students are being required to write a statement of faith to Islam.
If the lesson was to simply copy the writing, the lesson should have included random words.
========
It is NOT a statement of faith for the students to simply copy the calligraphy as an example of how complex calligraphy is.

Only if they understood what the language says and agree with it and INTEND for it to be a statement of faith could it be considered such.

At least by reasonably intelligent people which is why the right winger are raising so much hell about it.

So if kids in the first grade copy verses from the bible it's okay as long as they don't understand them. Got it.

Goofy I tell ya.

==============

Of course I'm not wrong, lol. You spent a lot of energy agreeing with me, and then posting a lot of irrelevant fluff.

This is what I said:

"The country was founded based on the notion that the state doesn't have the authority to force the people to pay taxes for shit they don't want to leaders who have no connection to themselves."

This is what you said:

"They didn't want to pay taxes without having representation in the discussion of those taxes and what they would be spent on."

Same thing, gerard.

What a moron.

This ought to be good...

This story sure lost me, don't know what it has to do with any religion?

This ought to be good...

This story sure lost me, don't know what it has to do with any religion?
Oh so Islam isn't a religion..AWESOME. Shut the fucking mosques down asap.

I still want someone to show me where in the First Amendment that it says anything about government and religion being separated. Or anything that can be lightly construed to say that.

Anyone?

I still want someone to show me where in the First Amendment that it says anything about government and religion being separated. Or anything that can be lightly construed to say that.

Anyone?
ASKED AND ANSWERD

Where?

Here is the amendment - in full!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Now - point it out to me!!!!!!!

it's called the first amendement ,

Please show us where in the First Amendment there is anything that says there shall be a separation between church and state.
Ever try reading it or is English not your first language?
Btw who is we?

I read English very well, thank you.

You did not answer my question - no surprise. Attack when you're proven wrong.
you've only proven that the first ammendment is far too subtle for you to understand.
do you need everything spoon fed to you.
btw you need to learn the between a statement of fact and an 'attack'.

it's called the first amendement ,

Please show us where in the First Amendment there is anything that says there shall be a separation between church and state.
Ever try reading it or is English not your first language?
Btw who is we?

I read English very well, thank you.

You did not answer my question - no surprise. Attack when you're proven wrong.
you've only proven that the first ammendment is far too subtle for you to understand.
do you need everything spoon fed to you.
btw you need to learn the between a statement of fact and an 'attack'.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Too subtle? Your flair for inanity is unbelievable. What is subtle about the words: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Subtlety is the refuge of those who refuse to accept what is before their eyes! The first time the phrase came up was in a letter by Thomas Jefferson, someone who clearly understood what it was all about.

His letter explained that they need not fear the establishment of a national denomination—and that while the wall of the First Amendment would protect the church from government control—there always would be open and free religious expression of all orthodox religious practices, for true religious expression of all orthodox religious practices, for true religious duties would never threaten the purpose of government. The government would interfere with a religious activity was a direct menace to the government or to the overall peace and good order of society. (Later Supreme Court identified potential "religious" activities in which the government might interfere: things like human sacrifice, bigamy or polygamy, the advocation of immorality or licentiousness, etc. If any of these activities were to occur in the name of "religion," then the government would interfere, for these were activities which threaten public peace and safety; but with orthodox religious practices, the government would not interfere).

For a very detailed and informative article on this subject, go to: The Origin of "Separation of Church and State" (good article)

Which I am certain you will ignore as it does not abide by your slanted understanding of the subject.

Forum List

Back