Serious Thread Topic: Can Terrorism Really Be Stopped?

Not a lot of time for a detailed response right now but I think the following; forget about stopping it totally. Be it Radical Islam or Radical Christianity…there will be people who hate.

comparing "radical Islam" to "radical Christianity" is fallacious

seriously - Christians are not chopping off heads or perpetuating suicide attacks with mass support from an organized group

does not happen

If I believe that homosexual activity is a sin & express that view, or vote for people that would make it illegal =/= Islamic jihad

it's not in the same universe; yet, many on the left seek to draw moral equivalency - makes you look foolish and it makes it hard to take you seriously

I made an effort to answer OP without being argumentative; however, there IS one more thing.

We need to find a way to come together & agree on a solution.

Rhetoric like you are spewing in this quoted post serves to make that more difficult

we need to identify the actual problem & unite in an effort to slow it down & make it more difficult

talking about the Crusades or Timothy McVeigh or the Westboro Baptist Church (which is a hateful group, but still nowhere NEAR as bad as Jihadists) is counterproductive

So what would you call the OKC attack if it wasn’t terrorism?

The cause of most of this has already been stated earlier. Young men with no jobs and no hope. Nothing to live for. Whether it is in the Middle East or the inner city, or the suburbs and the heartland now with meth addiction or opiates, young males that are hopeless are the cause of almost all the ills in all societies around the world. That we sell billions in arms to arab governments that take 95% of the profits of the oil in their countries while their populations live in poverty only provides the most fertile ground for recruiters to violence. Add in ignorance and religious fanaticism and you have a cauldron of boiling misery that is gigantic and looking to feel powerful. Witness Isis, who's members hold the power of life and death in their hands and can rape any woman or girl they see. The two ultimate powers that a young male can wield.

Go back to the line in A Christmas Carol.

From the Ghost of Christmas Present as two hideous children hide under his robe:
“They are Man's and they cling to me, appealing from their fathers. This boy is Ignorance and this girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased.

A civilization lasts only until enough people in that society see that there is no hope for anyone other than a wealthy controlling few, then the civil society loses it's meaning as do the laws and the rule of the jungle is reinstated. And in the jungle it is angry young males in groups that control the countryside. Ignore the disenfranchised and someone else will not. They will recruit them with promises of power and dignity against the 'oppressors'. Forget the names of religions, countries, and sects. This is how humans everywhere through time behave.

Made this point already, although you did it way more eloquently.

Terrorists will never be stopped as long as leftists say we have to live with it! That is a loser mentality and plays right into their goals.

So you take that we have to live with it crap and change it into they have to die for it! We should have killed 100 terrorists for every death they caused.
If killing them was that easy don't you think they would have done it by now? These are 2 problems.
-Identify terrorists. It's not like a terrorist wears a sign or a uniform. A devout Muslim isn't necessarily a terrorist. And even when this devout Muslim hates the West he doesn't necessarily resorts to violence or even plans violence. Trying to find those who are an actual danger is insanely hard
-Find them. Ok you identified the terrorist. They hide in the general populace who aren't necessarily pro police. It's not that straightforward.
You hit two places and you hurt terrorist's very badly.
The Gaza strip the birthplace of just about every terrorist group.
Tehran the fiscal capital of terrorist funding.

Yep, Mecca, and the dome of the rock.

Drop a nuke on Mecca and controlled-demolish the dome of the rock.
Mecca is in Saudi Arabia, dome of the rock is Jerusalem, neither of those place is in Iran or the Gaza strip.

Doesn't matter! :coffee:

Iran isn't exactly the boogeyman the media makes them out to be.

Terrorists will never be stopped as long as leftists say we have to live with it! That is a loser mentality and plays right into their goals.

So you take that we have to live with it crap and change it into they have to die for it! We should have killed 100 terrorists for every death they caused.
If killing them was that easy don't you think they would have done it by now? These are 2 problems.
-Identify terrorists. It's not like a terrorist wears a sign or a uniform. A devout Muslim isn't necessarily a terrorist. And even when this devout Muslim hates the West he doesn't necessarily resorts to violence or even plans violence. Trying to find those who are an actual danger is insanely hard
-Find them. Ok you identified the terrorist. They hide in the general populace who aren't necessarily pro police. It's not that straightforward.

Mecca is in Saudi Arabia, dome of the rock is Jerusalem, neither of those place is in Iran or the Gaza strip.

Explain to me how either of those actions would have any other result than aggravate the situation?

Explain to me how either of those actions would have any other result than aggravate the situation?

Nuke Mecca, tell the Muslims to pray towards that radioactive sheet of glass, and kill anybody that fusses too much about it.

As for the dome of the rock, The Temple of Solomon is underneath, so you can't just bunker-buster it.

We've done a real good job of stopping terrorism in the United States. Sure you'll have your crazy shooting here and there but nothing is 100%. By the way many of those crazy shootings are not Muslim terror if that's the kind of terrorism you're talking about.

Nuke Mecca, tell the Muslims to pray towards that radioactive sheet of glass, and kill anybody that fusses too much about it.

As for the dome of the rock, The Temple of Solomon is underneath, so you can't just bunker-buster it.
And this makes the West safer how??????

Yes, they are terrorism. Terrorism does not require group involvement. Ever heard of "lone wolf"?

Yes I have, if any of these were from a group, it is possible terrorisim, but not without a background organization. A lone wolf attack is an attack by a single person involved within a larger group of individuals who are part of a Terrorist network. The events you listed were not. They were the acts of deranged individuals. It is funny to me that you liberals can't see how much you resemble a group like the Jim Jones sheep. You are just as indoctrinated, just as dedicated to a false narrative that is completely disproved by historical FACTS. Have a nice day in the flock.

Terrorism does not require a group - in fact, some of the worst events are inviduals with out group membership. The ones influenced by ISIS but not a member of ISIS. The Dylann Roofs and Timothy McVeighs and Omar Mateems who have no memberships to track.
The terrorists are great at mass marketing. They take advantage of every improvement in technology to recruit, inform and encourage their hate. We could interrupt there. But no one is willing to go there. Would it really be so awful to have the net monitored? To NOT have legal encryption? If ISIS groupees can find the Dark Web, why the hell can't the FBI? All of this confuses me.
My step mom recently visited Cuba with a group. As they were watching the news one morning, POOF!, CNN was off the air. Just like that. It can be done. I don't want us to be Cuba, but honestly, can't something be done to stop these guys from putting their damned magazine on line each month?

Judaism was founded by a genocidal monster who used deceit in battle effectively.

Indeed, much of the Old Testament was jewish authors retroactively rationalizing the slaughtering of tribes other than the 12 chosen by the satanic Yahweh deity (which was actually adopted by Moses from the Kenites). The 12 Yahweh tribes allegedly had a civil war between the 10 tribes of Israel vs the tribe of Judah and Benjamin, if I recall the nonsense mythology correctly.

Try this one. Read Exodus with the following parameter - what did everyone see, and what did nobody see.

After the crossing of the Red Sea (or Sea of Reeds), the Israelites are attacked, and EVERYONE sees it. Moses' staff has no power. Moses (the Levite - cough cough) runs up a mountain and hides. The rest of the LEVITES, just the LEVITES, take the field and quickly wipe out the Amalek attack.

WHAT WAS THE WEAPON of the EXODUS?

A worthless powerless piece of wood, or THE LEVITES?

Maybe you didn't go to the right schools. Or maybe you didn't go with the right mindset.

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

Yeah, you aren't taught that in US "higher education..."

We've done a real good job of stopping terrorism in the United States. Sure you'll have your crazy shooting here and there but nothing is 100%. By the way many of those crazy shootings are not Muslim terror if that's the kind of terrorism you're talking about.

True. (Thank you President Obama)

And, with the help of the coalition, we've done huge damage, killed many, destroyed their cash and oil reserve. (Thank you President Obama)

But I seriously expect to lose all of that in the coming year or more.

Like Marion Morrison above, trump thinks that the answer lies in killing a lot of innocents in case a terrorist might be wandering through.

He'll kill thousands of innocents and the gullible idiot RWNJ Pootarian traitors will applaud.

I'd like to get some thoughts from the liberals on this, because as a liberal, I really don't hear a whole lot of solutions to stopping terrorism. Probably because it can't be stopped. But I'd still like to hear if there have been any solutions proposed by the left.

Also would like to hear thoughts from the right about a real solution. Do you guys really think that bombing people into oblivion is going to end terrorism? We're talking about religious extremism here -- violence against them only adds fuel to the fire. Does the right actually have a real, actionable solution to ending terrorism?

My personal point of view is that you can't really stop it. I don't see how it's possible as long as people still cling to these poisonous ME religions. The only real way we'd ever end global terrorism is through a sort of collective spiritual and psychological evolution to the next level, where as a society we've moved past the violent idiocy of archaic organized religion. The change must come from within. But that just isn't in the cards for the foreseeable future. In other words, we're screwed and terrorism will become more and more of a "normal" part of life.

Discuss...
Regime change EBT cards. It is the cost effective way!

I'd like to get some thoughts from the liberals on this, because as a liberal, I really don't hear a whole lot of solutions to stopping terrorism. Probably because it can't be stopped. But I'd still like to hear if there have been any solutions proposed by the left.

Also would like to hear thoughts from the right about a real solution. Do you guys really think that bombing people into oblivion is going to end terrorism? We're talking about religious extremism here -- violence against them only adds fuel to the fire. Does the right actually have a real, actionable solution to ending terrorism?

My personal point of view is that you can't really stop it. I don't see how it's possible as long as people still cling to these poisonous ME religions. The only real way we'd ever end global terrorism is through a sort of collective spiritual and psychological evolution to the next level, where as a society we've moved past the violent idiocy of archaic organized religion. The change must come from within. But that just isn't in the cards for the foreseeable future. In other words, we're screwed and terrorism will become more and more of a "normal" part of life.

Discuss...
My advice to liberal's. Stop worrying about hurting someones feelings...when they are trying to kill you.

Discuss...
Answer: yes.

Does Western Civilization have the courage to do what needs to be done? No

Discuss...

Not a lot of time for a detailed response right now but I think the following; forget about stopping it totally. Be it Radical Islam or Radical Christianity…there will be people who hate.
The day that baker refused to bake that wedding cake will live in infamy.

Forum List

Back