🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Serious?

So.....wuts wrong with keeping it all to the 3 R's Sealy?

~S~
I think we should end public schools and anyone who has a kid can either send them to private school or have them sign up for online classes and kill the brick and mortar schools.

We can pay one unkotare to teach hundreds of kids around the state online for much cheaper than outdated teachers cost. Kids do everything online so go to school online.

Rich kids can go to private schools. Free school will be online in th3 future

well.....i'll assume Unkotare a somewhat progressive sort Sealy , but what does it say when $$$ buys a better education?

~S~

Anyone interested in a serious discussion about education? Any non-educators have any questions about what really goes on in the classroom instead of stereotypes and assumptions? Any educators want to share stories from the front lines? Anything?

Hi Unkotare
2-3 things I'd recommend to improve what is being taught in schools and how
1. First I'd recommend reducing class size and student:teacher ratio.
I believe this will improve as districts figure out that by training and screening people more effectively, more people will be helped before their problems result in crimes. The fewer get sent to jail or prison, that's 50K a person that can be saved and invested in schools. We can train more teachers, doctors and nurses with that money, so we
will invest more in schools and education, save more money to hire
more teachers, and reduce the class sizes so teaching is more effective and fewer students drop out because they get help in time
before any issues escalate as they do now for lack of support.

2. I would implement civics education, and conflict resolution
or peer mediation in schools, both for students and parents.
If people learn the laws, and/or get screened for disabilities or
disorders preventing them from complying, again we can
break the cycle of crime and poverty, as well as screen
for mental and criminal illness for better intervention and treatment.

Teaching conflict resolution, and offering assistance to the public, is also necessary for equal empowerment and protection of individual rights
and interests; and would reduce abuse, crime and violence as well
by early intervention that would help with advance diagnosis of
worse conditions that require professional counseling or treatment.

3. I personally would offer to teach higher level conflict resolution
and mediation, involving diversity of religious and political beliefs.
That's a different level not everyone needs or is ready for, but I would offer that to help resolve issues to improve and reform the current legislative, partisan and judicial system.

Anyone interested in a serious discussion about education? Any non-educators have any questions about what really goes on in the classroom instead of stereotypes and assumptions? Any educators want to share stories from the front lines? Anything?

Hi Unkotare
2-3 things I'd recommend to improve what is being taught in schools and how
1. First I'd recommend reducing class size and student:teacher ratio.......

Everyone says that, but ...$$$$$$$$?????

You don't think that's being tried all the time, everywhere? Easier said than done.

I am a non educator. Spent most of my life in construction. Now, my guess is that most teachers never spent a day working in construction, so they would tend to know very little about the inner workings of the field.

However, most of us spent at least 12 years of our lives going to school, so the inner workings of schools are not a foreign concept to us. When we question whats happening in a classroom, we already have been exposed to most of it.

Just my.02

Mark

I am a non educator. Spent most of my life in construction. Now, my guess is that most teachers never spent a day working in construction, so they would tend to know very little about the inner workings of the field.

However, most of us spent at least 12 years of our lives going to school, so the inner workings of schools are not a foreign concept to us. When we question whats happening in a classroom, we already have been exposed to most of it.

Just my.02

Mark

No, you really haven't. A student sitting in a classroom is not an experienced educator. That's like saying you are a dentist because you've had a wisdom tooth pulled. An adult who remembers little to nothing of what they think they saw 40 years ago is not qualified to expound on pedagogy.

And I know lots of teachers who have worked in construction.

You don't think that's being tried all the time, everywhere? Easier said than done.

No Unkotare Especially not the spiritual healing to diagnose, treat and cure criminal disorders that are correctable.

I have tried to offer this solution, and very few take it seriously enough to look into the medical research studies and findings.

I find more people "conditioned" to reject this, including liberals who are railing to BAN therapy choices that have anything to do with conversion for orientation or identity.

The opposition is not only greater, but hostile and pushing for laws to censor and prohibit this approach to healing disorders. out of fear that Christians will abuse this to persecute or coerce people against their will. But anyone who studies why this process works will find it can only work because it is totally voluntary, it cannot be coerced because that is one of the abusive problems that the process is focused on healing.

As for teaching the laws, the parties have become more focused on pouring resources into ELECTIONS. So they do not focus on public education on Constitutional laws and process. Even the Conservative groups that do, still spend the majority of resources and media time preaching politically to vote in and vote out parties into govt.

They are NOT teaching that it is unconstitutional for parties to push their creeds through govt, but are too busy doing this themselves. so if anything they teach the very opposite of what the laws are supposed to be about.

What they teach by example keeps reinforcing the "bully takes over" method of dominance in govt instead of "equal protection of the laws" by enforcing these for all people.

No Unkotare Especially not the spiritual healing to diagnose, treat and cure criminal disorders that are correctable.

I have tried to offer this solution, and very few take it seriously enough to look into the medical research studies and findings.

I find more people "conditioned" to reject this, including liberals who are railing to BAN therapy choices that have anything to do with conversion for orientation or identity.

The opposition is not only greater, but hostile and pushing for laws to censor and prohibit this approach to healing disorders. out of fear that Christians will abuse this to persecute or coerce people against their will. But anyone who studies why this process works will find it can only work because it is totally voluntary, it cannot be coerced because that is one of the abusive problems that the process is focused on healing.

As for teaching the laws, the parties have become more focused on pouring resources into ELECTIONS. So they do not focus on public education on Constitutional laws and process. Even the Conservative groups that do, still spend the majority of resources and media time preaching politically to vote in and vote out parties into govt.

They are NOT teaching that it is unconstitutional for parties to push their creeds through govt, but are too busy doing this themselves. so if anything they teach the very opposite of what the laws are supposed to be about.

What they teach by example keeps reinforcing the "bully takes over" method of dominance in govt instead of "equal protection of the laws" by enforcing these for all people.

You seem a little excited. Could you simmer it down to the basics?

In short, I don't see people focused on trying to teach civics education to empower people equally.
More people are teaching to use party power to dominate and bully as a means of power
instead of teaching, invoking and enforcing LAWS to give people equal authority of govt.

In short, I don't see people focused on trying to teach civics education to empower people equally.
More people are teaching to use party power to dominate and bully as a means of power
instead of teaching, invoking and enforcing LAWS to give people equal authority of govt.

Where are you seeing this?

The thing is, guidance counciling has always focused on college /no college .....trades were never an option ........trade org's have ,in recent times, approached the educational community on this...

More by proxy of having to deal with our kids in the system.

The problem is, a broken system only forwards canned answers

everything is a dead end stone wall for parents who WANT to participate

eerruhmmmmm.......wut????

~S~

Nope. I already know. That's why I took mine out.

Just my.02

Mark

No, you really haven't. A student sitting in a classroom is not an experienced educator. That's like saying you are a dentist because you've had a wisdom tooth pulled. An adult who remembers little to nothing of what they think they saw 40 years ago is not qualified to expound on pedagogy.

And I know lots of teachers who have worked in construction.

I disagree. You can't be a part of something for 12 years without having an opinion of what is happening in schools. And the nice thing is, we get to compare our times there with what is happening today.

And in my opinion, schools fall short today because of a lack of discipline. Mostly because of todays parents, I suppose.

Mark

Hayti HS in Hayti Missouri had a great season last season; 15-0. Being the district powerhouse, they played mainly home games (6 road games out of 15). Still, they racked up about 1,500 miles of travel on district school buses.

08/24/18 260 miles.
09/07/18 151 miles.
10/05/18 141 miles.
10/19/18 34 miles.
11/17/18 260 miles.
12/01/18 605 miles.

This doesn't count the travel of the band, the housing (if any), meals, etc...

All for nothing.

And keep in mind that this is just one team out of literally dozens playing one sport (11 man football).
That 1,500 miles traveled could be easily duplicated for teams playing:

Sports
Factor in a few dozen teams for every sport, give them 1,000 miles of traveling and you can see the incredible expense at stake.

This doesn't count the utilities to run the stadiums, paying the coaches, officials, groundskeepers, etc...
This doesn't count the time taken away from what school is supposed to be about (education exploits), etc...
This doesn't count the costs of purchasing equipment, uniforms, insurance, etc....

Somehow the word "waste" doesn't begin to address the wrongheaded expenditures that are being made in high school athletics.

You asked for a question...mine would be this: How can this remotely be justified?

What exactly is it you feel needs to be justified? Education?

The justification of spending money to transport about 200-300 teams (the number of high schools) 1,000 miles (about the amount of travel each team makes in a season--the example above showed the travel to be substantially more but not every team makes the playoffs I guess) each in between 5-15 different sports (15 sports are listed in the MSHSAA website Missouri State High School Activities Association but I'm assuming not every school has a lacrosse team for example so I gave it a range of 5-15 sports) . for absolutely no good reason other than to have them play a meaningless game against someone from a different school. This is exclusive of the costs of coaches, trainers, facilities, equipment, insurance, housing, etc... It also doesn't count the other pointless activities that are done in the name of education from the MSHSAA website:

Activities
Money is never the issue with education. California spends more each year than other nations total GDP and those nations have better educated kids coming out.

America spends more on healthcare and yet other nations have better healthcare systems.

1. United Kingdom

2. Australia

3. Netherlands

4. New Zealand and Norway

6. Switzerland and Sweden

8. Germany

9. Canada

10. France

11. USA

Which countries have the best healthcare systems? | APRIL International

So.....wuts wrong with keeping it all to the 3 R's Sealy?

~S~
I think we should end public schools and anyone who has a kid can either send them to private school or have them sign up for online classes and kill the brick and mortar schools.

We can pay one unkotare to teach hundreds of kids around the state online for much cheaper than outdated teachers cost. Kids do everything online so go to school online.

Rich kids can go to private schools. Free school will be online in th3 future

well.....i'll assume Unkotare a somewhat progressive sort Sealy , but what does it say when $$$ buys a better education?

~S~

What does it say? It's the way things are now. My nephews go to a private school that costs $25,000 a year each. Don't you think there should be a return on that investment?

My nephew will probably just go to Michigan State University, which is a great school, but many of his classmates are going to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Wharton.

One thing that bugs my brother is when people try to make him feel bad about the privilege that comes with having money. He came from nothing and won't be shamed for giving his kids all the things we couldn't afford to have.

Other than the unfair advantage his kids have on the rest of us, I actually think we grow up to be better people. We aren't spoiled. BUT, tell that to Trump. His daddy's money got him into schools he would have otherwise not gotten into. He wasn't that smart. But look at where he got. He can't say money didn't help him get to where he is today.

Look at Aunt Becky. She didn't pay all that money for no results. Her kids would have graduated from those schools they otherwise wouldn't have gotten into. It's like affirmative action only instead of color money is what gets them in ahead of our kids.

And yet Republicans will continue to cry about affirmative action and not the current system where the rich people's kids will take over for them when they retire because they sent them to Harvard Business School

Forum List

Back