🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seriously...What is The Deal with Abortion?

Huh?

Most people carry firearms around daily, particularly in the huge, failed super cities where you are risking your life just walking the streets.

I lived in a large super city for 40 years and never carried a firearm. The only people I know who did, were criminals. The rate of violent gun crime is now higher in rural states due to the opioid epidemic than in the cities.

I lived in a large super city for 40 years and never carried a firearm. The only people I know who did, were criminals. The rate of violent gun crime is now hirer in rural states due to the opioid epidemic than in the cities.
I live in a large city. I never heard of anyone carrying a firearm.

To be honest, those that do seem like they’re mostly in rural areas or suburbs. The hypervigilant types or those who are just into gun culture/vigilante culture.

The abortion issue affects a microscopic percentage of the American public. So far less than one percent that it is virtually un-measurable. And if abortions were totally outlawed (which in Latin one might refer to as the status quo ante - the way things used to be), MOST of the affected women would merely and painlessly change their reproductive behavior to adapt. Aside from rape, there is no reason for any woman to become pregnant in this country, if she actually does not want to get pregnant. And certainly, organizations like Planned Parenthood would make contraception, sterilization, and meaningful advice available to all. The result of an absolute ban on abortions would be a couple thousand "unwanted babies" each year in our nation of more than 330 million - babies for whom adoptive homes could be easily found.

And yet any threat to the Court-given and totally illegitimate "right to abortion" is treated as though it is a threat to ALL WOMEN, and indeed to ALL AMERICANS!

This is bullshit, on steroids.

What is the Real Reason for the hysteria about this matter? Is it just a fundraising tool for Democrats? Do Democrats really suppose that the female population is too stupid and careless to react appropriately to restrictions (or a ban) on abortions?

It's nothing to do with democrats. You all want your freedoms but deny a pregnant woman her right to freedom to abort.
The push to get the law reversed is coming from religious republicans.
Godbotherers are dangerous and a health hazard.

As a settled, accepted fact of Constitutional law, prior to birth, an embryo/fetus is not entitled to Constitutional protections.

‘…an abortion is not "the termination of life entitled to Fourteenth Amendment protection." Id., at 159. From this holding, there was no dissent, see id., at 173; indeed, no member of the Court has ever questioned this fundamental proposition. Thus, as a matter of federal constitutional law, a developing organism that is not yet a "person" does not have what is sometimes described as a "right to life." [n.2] This has been and, by the Court's holding today, remains a fundamental premise of our constitutional law governing reproductive autonomy.’

TX just defined that you are a person when you have a heartbeat, that is the universally accepted definition of life. When the heartbeat ceases and it can't be restarted, you're officially dead. To intentionally permanently stop a beating heart in any other context is considered homicide. The fact is the court intervened in an issue that should be decided by the individual States, nothing in the Constitution grants the feds authority to govern reproductive autonomy.

Then find a way to end abortion that doesn’t violate the right to privacy.

If we can put a man on the moon…
The same group that rails against abortion complains about insurance paying for birth control, sex education for young people and providing neonatal healthcare and childcare for single mothers.

I live in a large city. I never heard of anyone carrying a firearm.

To be honest, those that do seem like they’re mostly in rural areas or suburbs. The hypervigilant types or those who are just into gun culture/vigilante culture.

My daughter has a varmint gun to protect her chickens. She had neither the gun nor the chickens when we lived in the city.

I know of Americans who "always take my gun when I go into the city". But I've never felt the need for a gun in the city. We lived right downtown - 10 minutes from the Eaton Centre, by car. There were a lot of break-ins, some of them pretty brazen too, but very little violent crime.

TX just defined that you are a person when you have a heartbeat, that is the universally accepted definition of life. When the heartbeat ceases and it can't be restarted, you're officially dead. To intentionally permanently stop a beating heart in any other context is considered homicide. The fact is the court intervened in an issue that should be decided by the individual States, nothing in the Constitution grants the feds authority to govern reproductive autonomy.

When does a woman become a person? When does she have rights to define her own life? She has a heart beat, but no rights under Texas law. You've given a zygote with a heartbeat more rights that the living breathing person you're forcing to give birth to this phantom person.

I was thinking about this the other day and my conclusion is, its purely political. Its part of the "us vs them" war that we are currently engaged in. Sure, for some people, it may be a women's rights issue, but I think for most people it's "we don't like the right telling us its wrong, so we're going to fight for it"

I just don't think there is, for the most part, any real reason for it, other than each side just wants to win the battle.
Most important point I've seen in this forum so far. That's how they will destroy this country.

The abortion issue affects a microscopic percentage of the American public. So far less than one percent that it is virtually un-measurable. And if abortions were totally outlawed (which in Latin one might refer to as the status quo ante - the way things used to be), MOST of the affected women would merely and painlessly change their reproductive behavior to adapt. Aside from rape, there is no reason for any woman to become pregnant in this country, if she actually does not want to get pregnant. And certainly, organizations like Planned Parenthood would make contraception, sterilization, and meaningful advice available to all. The result of an absolute ban on abortions would be a couple thousand "unwanted babies" each year in our nation of more than 330 million - babies for whom adoptive homes could be easily found.

And yet any threat to the Court-given and totally illegitimate "right to abortion" is treated as though it is a threat to ALL WOMEN, and indeed to ALL AMERICANS!

This is bullshit, on steroids.

What is the Real Reason for the hysteria about this matter? Is it just a fundraising tool for Democrats? Do Democrats really suppose that the female population is too stupid and careless to react appropriately to restrictions (or a ban) on abortions?
Conservatives won't wear masks but they are otherwise fine with telling other people what to do with their bodies. They think their view is the only correct view. They may believe a fertilized egg has greater rights than an adult woman but not all of us agree.

When does a woman become a person? When does she have rights to define her own life? She has a heart beat, but no rights under Texas law. You've given a zygote with a heartbeat more rights that the living breathing person you're forcing to give birth to this phantom person.

She has every right under TX law, including the right to take responsibility for herself and any child she choses to become pregnant with. I'm not aware of any law that requires her to be irresponsible and become pregnant, so stop acting like this is the last century when cheap and effective birth control wasn't available. Hell they even have implants where the woman doesn't even have to remember to take the pill. But once again, you being a foreign commie bitch has no dog in the fight, so just STFU.

Not that you are not making some good points, but that this is still entirely medical decisions that doctors and mothers should be making, not legislators, police, prosecutors, judges, etc.
Government is not licensed for this, so is violating its own laws.
It can't be a medical decision if it's based on a lie. "First do no harm".

So tell the class what due process the child receives before they are deprived of life? That due process is supposed to be guaranteed by the 5th and the 14th.

What due process does a woman get when the state coops her body?

Other reasons why I think this has as much to do restricting a woman’s rights to reproductive choice and the same sexual freedom men have long enjoyed is this.

The emphasis on conception (a point it is impossible to determine) as the starting point of rights equal to that of the woman. That means the most effective and reliable means of birth control would become illegal murder weapons: iud, the pill, implants.

The other thing is this….the destruction surplus embryos from in vitro fertilization. Compared to women’s clinics, where abortion is one of many services preformed, these other clinics perform only one, yet they receive relatively little attention, few demonstrations, and the women receiving it are not called sluts and murderers when their surplus embryos are destroyed or donated for research, a number that per woman, far exceeds that of abortion.

Why argue over abortion when Texas law is LAUGHABLY ABSURD even you support pro-life position?

The law is specifically designed to circumvent existing precedent, not to overturn it. It puts enforcement into hands of private vigilaties who would sue others who got, or helped get, an abortion, with absolutely zero standing required.

What kind of inbred fucking idiot do you have to be to support THAT kind of law making?

Forum List

Back