Service Workers at America’s Biggest Companies, like Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King, & Dollar General, Still Don’t Make $15 an Hour, CEO Pay skyrocketing

Quisling was a born and bred Norwegian till he sold out to the germans

the Apache scouts who were crucial in hunting down Geronimo were born and bred Native Americans too

libs who support joe biden cant hide behind that old fig leaf here
Well fine. I guess I will just go on living my life mostly in Tennessee, unless vacationing, drawing multiple retirements, including military pensions for all the many years I supported the country with my time, talents and attention to detail, ignoring detractors (as they can't touch me [the pore little whiny bitches]) enjoying the spoils of a lifelong hard work, and the friendships of conservative and liberals, alike as an independent voter, pointing out the crap I do and don't like from either side of the corrupt political divide with impunity and laughing at the deeply committed partisan fools.

Well fine. I guess I will just go on living my life mostly in Tennessee, unless vacationing, drawing multiple retirements, including military pensions for all the many years I supported the country with my time, talents and attention to detail, ignoring detractors (as they can't touch me [the pore little whiny bitches]) enjoying the spoils of a lifelong hard work, and the friendships of conservative and liberals, alike as an independent voter, pointing out the crap I do and don't like from either side of the corrupt political divide with impunity and laughing at the deeply committed partisan fools.
This is the internet where liars thrive

you can claim to be the 2 nd most decorated soldier since Audie Murphy and no one can prove different

I am 100% against an artificial minimum wage at any level besides maybe at the city/town level.

That said, the idea that these companies cannot pay 15 an hour is a joke. If the local mom and pop ice cream shop can pay above 15 an hour and thrive then so can these larger companies.

Nobody here pays $15.00 an hour unless you are a welder for the company that build F-200 and up truck frames for Ford.

I was a US Army contractor and made $14.00 an hour!

Nobody here pays $15.00 an hour unless you are a welder for the company that build F-200 and up truck frames for Ford.

I was a US Army contractor and made $14.00 an hour!

You would have to be a moron to weld for 15 bucks an hour. I was making more than that welding in 1988 before I joined the Corps.

Percent of workers paid less than $15/hr:

Dollar General: 92%

McDonald’s: 89%

Wendy’s: 87%

Wyndham: 87%

Sonic: 85%

Burger King: 83%

Big Lots: 80%

Subway: 78%

Kohl’s: 78%

Pizza Hut: 75%

Gap: 72%

It’s not a labor shortage. It’s a shortage of jobs that pay a living wage

What is a "living wage"? It depends on where you live!

This is the internet where liars thrive

you can claim to be the 2 nd most decorated soldier since Audie Murphy and no one can prove different
Those jerks claiming military honors, known a PX heroes are the scum of the earth.

You would have to be a moron to weld for 15 bucks an hour. I was making more than that welding in 1988 before I joined the Corps.
I didn't say they ONLY made $15.00 an hour, dumbass!

The only other major company in our area makes brakes for Japanese cars, and you might hit $15.00 after a few years. I had a coworker who left to work their industrial maintenance job. He quit and came back to the Army because his wages did not keep up with the $14.00 he made from the Army contractor.

How are they forced? If they are unskilled, that's what they get for being unskilled.
Unskilled people in other countries get more. I'll base my argument on America's 'income inequality'.

How are they forced?

I'll contend that they are forced unless they resort to social welfare, and then they will have negated the force.

Let's try an analogy: When you get a flat tire on your car, you are either forced to fix it or are forced to have somebody else fix it.

I really don't consider it to be a wise use of my time to pursue that argument any further. I've already committed to it for your benefit more than I should.

If you want a debate with me Admiral, make it on some topic I'm involved with and keep it above grade school levels.

Thousands of workers in food service, hospitality and retail are still making below $15 an hour, including the majority of workers at big-box stores and discount retailers.

I just saw this news. What's wrong with this picture?

Four former Twitter executives sued Elon Musk on Monday, claiming the billionaire owes them more than $128 million in unpaid severance

Why do executives get such pay? And doesn't this get passed on to the consumer?

I just saw this news. What's wrong with this picture?

Four former Twitter executives sued Elon Musk on Monday, claiming the billionaire owes them more than $128 million in unpaid severance

Those four DEM "censorship machine" workers should be in Gitmo, not whining for back pay.

Last edited:

Executives do a job that not a lot of people can do or are willing to do.

As a result, they command a lot greater wage.

Its just easier to find people qualified to be a donor for a sperm bank than someone able to manage the whole institution.

Its just easier to find people qualified to be a donor for a sperm bank than someone able to manage the whole institution.

While I am no fan of the $100M-$1B yearly pay packages for some clowns such as Carly Fiorina (who destroyed Lucent yet walked away with $75M severance pkg) it is the companys private money, not ours. I don't use Amazon (never have, I could but don't do much mail order). That said.....they all also sit on each others boards approving un-godly pay packages for each other. As I said...."I am jealous" just like Sealy. And I don't like it. But the shareholders can sometimes make a dent in it or force changes to the personal I suppose? They do oversee Billion dollar organizations at times.

But like in a GOVT job....if I am showered with wealth and benefits for a decade then fired with pension, am I really punished for mucking up?

Those four DEM "censorship machine" workers should be in Gitmo, not whining for back pay.

Wow that's pretty harsh. Just because they refused to let Russian disinformation on their platform?

And trust me, I feel no pitty for those CEO's and VP's who got screwed by the corporation. They had no problem screwing their employees to give themselves such lavish salaries and golden parachutes. Fiscally they aren't DEM they are Republicans. Trickle down assholes. Clearly if between the 4 of them they are expecting $150 million dollar golden parachutes.

But you never complain how this high pay is going to be passed on to consumers. Only when the employees ask for more than $15 hr do you cry.

Sorry, no. Executives get high pay because they decide how much they get. And because their employees aren't organized, they don't get a seat at the table to decide if THEY should get all that money or if some of that money should go to the employees at the bottom.

There are a lot of upper middle level managers just hoping to get the opportunity. What makes you think they can't or won't do it? They applied for the job and they just didn't get it. Perhaps because the company hired a less qualified affirmative action candidate. So clearly there are lots of people who can and will do that work expecially if it pays so well. Are you kidding? Quit licking the CEO's boots.

And it's 4 people getting $150 million. Not just one guy at the top. Who are the other 3? Why do they get paid so handsomely? Oh yea, because no one else can run the HR or Marketing department. LOL.

P.S. Clearly they aren't worth what they were paying themselves. Elon fired them and the company continues to run. Sure he's running it into the ground. Is that your proof they were uniquely qualified? Because Elon is fucking it up?

Wow that's pretty harsh. Just because they refused to let Russian disinformation on their platform?

And trust me, I feel no pitty for those CEO's and VP's who got screwed by the corporation. They had no problem screwing their employees to give themselves such lavish salaries and golden parachutes. Fiscally they aren't DEM they are Republicans. Trickle down assholes. Clearly if between the 4 of them they are expecting $150 million dollar golden parachutes.

But you never complain how this high pay is going to be passed on to consumers. Only when the employees ask for more than $15 hr do you cry.

Election interference before and after since 2016.....they actively worked with Obiden (daily conference calls) to prevent FACTS from getting out to the dumbest sheep. It is Sedition in my book.

You don't read the boards do you? Post #135 for example.

I hope your company gets sued for their lavish salaries that you supply your execs, but you sit and say nothing to them because like a good little Uncle Tom, you just serve your u
tra rich master, you again prove you are a hypocrite on so many levels.

Nobody has to apply for McDonald's jobs. Just don't apply. It is that easy. Employers have it so crazy easy to find people. That is NOT in s nations best interests.

Forum List

Back