Sessions, Pot, The UNITED S Of A, & State Laws That Are Illegal

Can states override federal laws by voting them out of their territory?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Slippery slope arguments can sometimes be valid, but cannot be assumed to be true without other factors.

Legalizing Pot would allow law enforcement to concentrate MORE on things like Heroin.

The ends do not justify the means my friend. This sets a TERRIBLE precedent for the Union's way of governing itself. You cannot cut out other states in debate on federal laws to justify rogue trends in weird western states particularly. CA and CO etc. were remiss in allowing any such internal vote or legislative process which was in defiance of federal law. CA is openly discussing overproducing pot for export. And those exports will reach other states where they don't want it. Yet they were allowed NO VOICE in the process within the Union. This is problematic and doesn't justify "now there's more time to focus on heroin."

Besides, you realize why we have a heroin epidemic right? It's coming from Mexico where they switched to heroin sales because pot prices plummeted after "legalization" began in rogue fashion in the US. You think it's a coincidence all the cartel wars and beheadings started going down exactly when states began going rogue on pot laws? Think again.

Not only have rogue actions on pot destabilized how we do the Union debates on federal laws, it has also destabilized a main market of the Mexican economy. Personally, I'd rather have Jose & Manuel using mule trains of whacky tobaccy across the border than deadly heroin. Sometimes it's better to have let sleeping dogs lie. Plus, you make pot more expensive by being illegal and it stays out the hands of kids better. We all know where this "legal pot" thing is heading; straight to high schools and jr highs across the nation. Except that some of the states were cut out of that debate by rogue "laws" passed in the West.
Do you actually believe pot isn't already present I n school campuses now? And has been for a very long time? No different than alcohol. No offense but, that's a pretty weak argument....
Heroin and cocaine are in the schools too so it’s okay let’s go ahead and legalize them
And alcohol by the way does require processing in a chemistry fashion... And let's not fool ourselves into believing its anything less than, not only a tradition; but a rite of passage for our youth.

Slippery slope arguments can sometimes be valid, but cannot be assumed to be true without other factors.

Legalizing Pot would allow law enforcement to concentrate MORE on things like Heroin.

The ends do not justify the means my friend. This sets a TERRIBLE precedent for the Union's way of governing itself. You cannot cut out other states in debate on federal laws to justify rogue trends in weird western states particularly. CA and CO etc. were remiss in allowing any such internal vote or legislative process which was in defiance of federal law. CA is openly discussing overproducing pot for export. And those exports will reach other states where they don't want it. Yet they were allowed NO VOICE in the process within the Union. This is problematic and doesn't justify "now there's more time to focus on heroin."

Besides, you realize why we have a heroin epidemic right? It's coming from Mexico where they switched to heroin sales because pot prices plummeted after "legalization" began in rogue fashion in the US. You think it's a coincidence all the cartel wars and beheadings started going down exactly when states began going rogue on pot laws? Think again.

Not only have rogue actions on pot destabilized how we do the Union debates on federal laws, it has also destabilized a main market of the Mexican economy. Personally, I'd rather have Jose & Manuel using mule trains of whacky tobaccy across the border than deadly heroin. Sometimes it's better to have let sleeping dogs lie. Plus, you make pot more expensive by being illegal and it stays out the hands of kids better. We all know where this "legal pot" thing is heading; straight to high schools and jr highs across the nation. Except that some of the states were cut out of that debate by rogue "laws" passed in the West.
Do you actually believe pot isn't already present I n school campuses now? And has been for a very long time? No different than alcohol. No offense but, that's a pretty weak argument....
Heroin and cocaine are in the schools too so it’s okay let’s go ahead and legalize them
Heroin and cocaine aren't just some regular plant that grows of its own accord. They are products chemically synthesized like pharmecueticals. Not even remotely similar...
Without the plant no drug! Keep trying. It starts with a flower. Poppy.
We don't have a poppy epidemic. Do we?

Sessions actions are REALLY going to fuck up Congress. They can only lose 2 votes in the Senate, and already Republicans from states with legal weed have said they will vote down every measure and appointment they try to get through, including the Republican Senator from Colorado. Sessions LIED to him in order to get confirmed.

Imagine that? Sessions LIED. Yes, the U.S. Attorney General, the highest law enforcement official in the country... LYING.

And cocaine? Well, that’s just a plant too. Been used for thousands of years. Let us legalize all plants for with and in great haste..

What is cocaine?

Alcohol and tobacco? Made from plants! Yep!

Heroin and cocaine aren't just some regular plant that grows of its own accord. They are products chemically synthesized like pharmecueticals. Not even remotely similar...
Do we have a corn epidemic? Hops? Potatoes?

And cocaine? Well, that’s just a plant too. Been used for thousands of years. Let us legalize all plants for with and in great haste..

What is cocaine?

The cocoa leaf? Sure. Cocaine? That's another story... But freedom should be the deciding factor the event of a draw...

Do we have a corn epidemic? Hops? Potatoes?
Judging by the waistline of American youths, and adults...? That argument can certainly be made. How many lives do obesity related issues cost per year?

What is cocaine?

The cocoa leaf? Sure. Cocaine? That's another story... But freedom should decodecin the event of a draw...

I don't disagree with you - but there's an important distinction between cocoa and coca. Different plants.

Cocoa is what chocolate comes from. Coca is what cocaine (and coca-cola) comes from.

What is cocaine?

The cocoa leaf? Sure. Cocaine? That's another story... But freedom should decodecin the event of a draw...

I don't disagree with you - but there's an important distinction between cocoa and coca. Different plants.

Cocoa is what chocolate comes from. Coca is what cocaine (and coca-cola) comes from.
Auto incorrect strikes again...

What is cocaine?

It’s just a plant. Legalize all plants, put them in the schools right?

What is cocaine?

:lol:

Having fun "defeating" all those straw men?

What is cocaine?

Why did you decide to put all plants in schools? You realize by now; that your argument is in shambles. Don't you,...?

What is cocaine?

Why did you decide to put all plants in schools? You realize by now; that your argument is in shambles. Don't you,...?
Why?

What is cocaine?

All plants are actually in classes. :desk:

What is cocaine?

Why?
Because you built it on a poor foundation...

Why?
Because you built it on a poor foundation...
Why? They are ALL JUST FLOWERS, LEAVES, FRUITS AND WELLLLLLLL. PLANTS!

The easy way out is for Congress to modify the Controlled Substances act of 1971 to remove pot from the list of banned substances.
But Congress won't- because they are all too chickenshit to do the responsible thing.

None of them want to be labeled as 'soft on drugs'.

Which is why it was left to the states to do the right thing.

The problem is it creates a situation where people in the trade still run the risk of federal prosecution. And all Obama's directive did was de-emphasize federal interest in pot cases where pot is legal, it never told them to stop.

Democrats could gain a wedge issue if they tried to get this in the floor, and I bet they could get enough republicans onboard.

All this does is force the issue, and that's a good thing, even if Sessions intentions are different.

I think Trump would sign a modification to the 1971 controlled substances act if congress acted.

Frankly I have no clue where Trump would go with the issue.

But I will state again- I think that the majority of Congress- on both sides- are too chickenshit to make any move on this.

Frankly if the Democrats did make that move, the GOP would be all over them labelling them soft on drug- AND soft on crime. And frankly the Democrats would do the same to any GOP congressman.

It would take a bipartisan group of congess with the balls to bring it forward- and I don't see much interest in bipartisan anything in Washington right now.

This may be the one issue that can get passed by both parties. Public opinion is in favor of at least letting the States handle it.

I would love to see it happen. I just will be amazed if it does.

Now- if Trump proposed it- then I could see it happening.

I agree, and that would put people with TDS who support pot legalization in a serious conundrum.

But Congress won't- because they are all too chickenshit to do the responsible thing.

None of them want to be labeled as 'soft on drugs'.

Which is why it was left to the states to do the right thing.

The problem is it creates a situation where people in the trade still run the risk of federal prosecution. And all Obama's directive did was de-emphasize federal interest in pot cases where pot is legal, it never told them to stop.

Democrats could gain a wedge issue if they tried to get this in the floor, and I bet they could get enough republicans onboard.

All this does is force the issue, and that's a good thing, even if Sessions intentions are different.

I think Trump would sign a modification to the 1971 controlled substances act if congress acted.

Frankly I have no clue where Trump would go with the issue.

But I will state again- I think that the majority of Congress- on both sides- are too chickenshit to make any move on this.

Frankly if the Democrats did make that move, the GOP would be all over them labelling them soft on drug- AND soft on crime. And frankly the Democrats would do the same to any GOP congressman.

It would take a bipartisan group of congess with the balls to bring it forward- and I don't see much interest in bipartisan anything in Washington right now.

This may be the one issue that can get passed by both parties. Public opinion is in favor of at least letting the States handle it.

I would love to see it happen. I just will be amazed if it does.

Now- if Trump proposed it- then I could see it happening.

I agree, and that would put people with TDS who support pot legalization in a serious conundrum.
I couldn't give a shit if God alit on Earth and commanded it and it was so...

Forum List

Back