SeveN Fired Coaches and not One Team That can Use Tebow?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Teow's record for his NFL career.
Tim Tebow NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

47% completion average, on a bad team that required a lot of balls thrown out of bounds or to the dirt and lots of sacks.
75% completion average his last year with the Jets.
Career QB rating of 88, which is not bad in the NFL when you have bad throwing mechanics. ESPN has him at a 75 careerQB rating, Tim Tebow Stats - ESPN

He has led a dramatic turn around for the Broncosa team to a win in the playoffs over the Steelers in 2011.
Tim Tebow by the Numbers: Breaking Passing Records vs the Pittsburgh Steelers | Bleacher Report

And despite his improvement, the Jets coach refused to start him when needed.

In his last preseason game with the New England Patriots (Tim Tebow: Game Logs at NFL.com) he came in with a 54.5% completion and an 83.7 QB rating, throwing two touchdown passes and one interception.

Current update on Tim Tebow's progress.
Evaluating Tebow's Progress - ESPN Video - ESPN

And not a single NFL team could find room for this guy on their roster?

NFL Stats: by Player Category

Lol, the NFL sucks.

We need a new competitive league that doesn't penalize players who don't have a criminal record.

I don't buy the whole "No one wants Tebow because he is a good Christian boy" nonsense.

If a coach or owner thought Tebow could take them places, they would hire him. Nothing else would matter.

But I am confused as to why no one has run him at tight-end.

I don't buy the whole "No one wants Tebow because he is a good Christian boy" nonsense.

If a coach or owner thought Tebow could take them places, they would hire him. Nothing else would matter.

Really? When the last time you saw a QB (Heisman winner/national champion), take a team from oblivion to the playoffs, win a playoff game on a dramatic throw, throw 75 percent the next season, and then be out of the league after that? You don't buy it cos you don't want to buy it.

An 88 QB rating puts him 16th in the top twenty starting QBs in the NFL right now, and you would move him to tight end?

Plainly you don't grasp the importance of a playoff winning QB.

Really? When the last time you saw a QB (Heisman winner/national champion), take a team from oblivion to the playoffs, win a playoff game on a dramatic throw, throw 75 percent the next season, and then be out of the league after that? You don't buy it cos you don't want to buy it.

No, he doesn't because it would be bad PR for the Christ-hating libtards.

Read the comments section of any of these articles and you see people mindlessly repeating that Tebow cant throw, is too stupid to be a QB and all the time ignoring the huge numbers of records he broke in college. As one person put it, Tebow is statistically the best player to have ever played in college. The BEST PLAYER, not best QB.

If you look at all that Tebow accomplished in college and at Denver with his bad throwing mechanics, how much more could he do given the opportunity in the NFL?

It wont happen though, because the queer battalions across the country hate Tebow so much, they celebrate every little bad thing that happens to the guy and after the major bad turns they have orgies.

Given the stats and need for playoff winning QBs on bad teams, the only explanation is that the managers and coaches in the NFL are intimidated by the Gay Mafia (or think a good QB has to be some degenerate) and wont give the guy a look.

But even if Tebow got a job and a starting position, the Christ Haters would continue keeping up the commotion harping on every thing the guy did as wrong, every game lost as his fault and people would eventually want to see him gone just to end the blather from the left.

Tebows career being put to an end has everything to do with the Gay Mafia flexing its muscles and zero to do with Tebow being unable to lead a winning team.

And that is why I am saying the NFL management and coaching staffs are full of cowards.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. Not one team has a spot for a third string college QB?

Tebow isn't even third string if not on a team. Funny how you 'overlook' his starting job at Denver, or his second string job at NY.

Tebows stats show he could start at half the teams in the NFL, if anyone had the nerve to cross the Gay Mafia like Phil Robertson did.

Yeah it's the gay mafia sigh.

OK, I don't care if you want to call these Christ hating bigots Gay Mafia or what, but they are networking, they are irrational and they hate Christians while pulling every trick they can for legalization of gay marriage.

But this is the wrong forum to talk about that.

I will do some digging and post what I can find on the 'Gay Mafia', lol.

But whatever you want to call the ass holes, they have the NFL too scared to take a look at a successful, young, improving QB.

An 88 QB rating puts him 16th in the top twenty starting QBs in the NFL right now, and you would move him to tight end?

According to these stats he has a 75.3 rating. http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/careerstats

Cam Newton, by comparison has an 88.8 rating and Drew Brees has a passer rating of 104.7.

Yes I understand the importance of a Playoff winning QB. I also know that a team will not sacrifice their ability to win just because a player is a Christian.

Last edited:

According to these stats he has a 75.3 rating. Tim Tebow: Career Stats at NFL.com

Cam Newton, by comparison has an 88.8 rating and Drew Brees has a passer rating of 104.7.

Yes I understand the importance of a Playoff winning QB. I also know that a team will not sacrifice their ability to win just because a player is a Christian.

Even a 75 QB rating puts him higher than Flacco, Schuab, Reeding, and Eli Manning.

You say you understand the importance of a playoff winning QB, but then you fail to demonstrate it by saying anything remotely reasonable on the topic.

And why should an NFL team give Tebow a shot because he is a Christian? I am not suggesting they do it for that reason. They should do it because of his QB rating, his performance in his last start at New England, his 75% completion rating and continued improvement at NY, and his performance at Denver in 2011 to include his playoff win and the records he set then. And on top of all that, he is getting rave reviews by other NFL QBs like this one: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10246150&ex_cid=espnapi_internal

You just cant get past the 'he's a Bible thumper' hate thing, eh?

Last edited:
I'm not a huge NFL fan, so I had to do a little more research.

Do either of you think the 9 INTs he threw or the 14 fumbles (lost 6) had anything to do with any of this?

Found this on his Wiki page: "Despite on-field successes by the Broncos under Tebow, he finished the season with the lowest passing completion rate in the NFL which led many to question his potential as a quarterback at the professional level"

Oh, and just an FYI, Jim, I am neither a "libtard" nor a "Christ-hater".

According to these stats he has a 75.3 rating. Tim Tebow: Career Stats at NFL.com

Even a 75 QB rating puts him higher than Flacco, Schuab, Reeding, and Eli Manning.

You say you understand the importance of a playoff winning QB, but then you fail to demonstrate it by saying anything remotely reasonable on the topic.

And why should an NFL team give Tebow a shot because he is a Christian? I am not suggesting they do it for that reason. They should do it because of his QB rating, his performance in his last start at New England, his 75% completion rating and continued improvement at NY, and his performance at Denver in 2011 to include his playoff win and the records he set then. And on top of all that, he is getting rave reviews by other NFL QBs like this one: Evaluating Tebow's Progress - ESPN Video - ESPN

Where do you get that I hate him because he is a Christian? Please show me any place I have posted anything that remotely resembles hatred for Christians?

And why should an NFL team give Tebow a shot because he is a Christian? I am not suggesting they do it for that reason. They should do it because of his QB rating, his performance in his last start at New England, his 75% completion rating and continued improvement at NY, and his performance at Denver in 2011 to include his playoff win and the records he set then. And on top of all that, he is getting rave reviews by other NFL QBs like this one: Evaluating Tebow's Progress - ESPN Video - ESPN

According to NFL.com, Eli Manning's total passer rating is 81.2.
According to NFL.com, Joe Flacco's total passer rating is 83.7
According to NFL.com, Matt Schaub's total passer rating is 89.8

The total is different from any single season. It is a cumulative total for their career. It gives a better idea of what they are capable of achieving.

If you want to cherry-pick individual seasons, you are giving a slant that is simply dishonest. For example, in 1998 Peyton Manning's passer rating was 71.2. In 2012, Tebow's passer rating with the Jets was 84.9. Is Tebow a better QB than Manning??

Oh, and the 84.9 rating is the highest Tebow achieved in his NFL career. And that was based on his throwing a grand total of 8 passes (completing 6).

Yea, they blackball Christians in the NFL. That's why coaches and players are always thanking God as a freakin PRECEDENT, yah run with that.

Tebow is aweful. His win streak while on Denver was vs. ALL BELOW .500 teams, his qb rating that year was 2nd to last among active starters, and the first game after his win streak where he played vs. an over .500 team he lost by over 30. Perspective helps.

I recall Shaun Alexander had a fairly long career (for an RB) with Seattle. He has been a devout Christian his entire life. He and his wife have spoken out about abstinence in many venues.

Did he only play 9 seasons because he was blackballed?

If you look at this from financial, brand and viewership perspective Tebow would be a "godsend" for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

- He broke merchandising sale records at Denver and could do the same for the Jaguars

- As a local boy he would greatly increase game attendance in Jacksonville and season ticket sales

- Viewership for Jaguar games would increase given the number of people who would tune in hoping to see him win and of course those that would watch only to see him lose.

Khan who owns the Jaguars wants to move the team to London and potentially make the Jaguars the "UK's" team. If it weren't for the 9 hour transatlantic flight time to the East Coast and some 12 hours flight time to the West Coast it could be a huge success. I doubt if it can work more than a few seasons though.

Tebow would make Jacksonville not only much more profitable but more fun to watch. Khan on the other hand wants out of Jacksonville and will eventually sell-off the team once London proves untenable.

The NFL was granted a monopoly because it was said to ultimately be to the advantage of the fans. Where Jacksonville is concerned that is certainly not the case.

Lead Letter: Reader convinced the Jags will move to London | members.jacksonville.com

NFL plan early starts as move towards a London franchise | Metro News

Brunell won?t be surprised to see the Jaguars move to London | ProFootballTalk

Forum List

Back