🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SeveN Fired Coaches and not One Team That can Use Tebow?

I'm not a huge NFL fan, so I had to do a little more research.

Which explains your silly ass view of Tebow being a better tight end.

Do either of you think the 9 INTs he threw or the 14 fumbles (lost 6) had anything to do with any of this?

Tebow had among the fewest interceptions ranked 32nd highest number, got sacked 33 times to come in at 12th highest (due to porous line), and his 6 fumbles were typical of a QB avoiding the rush because of a weak line, and that tied him with Vick and was one more than Ryan Matthews.

In fact Tebow has been noted to not turn over the ball very often for a QB.

Vox Popoli: Mailvox: thinking Tebow through

The Broncos simply don't turn the ball over in the Tebow offense. In six games, he has one INT and one fumble lost. That is absolutely huge in the day of the frequent pick-six. Let's look at the three elite quarterbacks castricv mentioned. Drew Brees has 7 INT 0 FL in the last six games. Brady has 5 INT 1 FL in the same span. So, you have to factor in Tebow's turnover rate of .333 compared to 1.16 and 1.0. Part of Aaron Rodgers incredible value as a QB comes from his low turnover rate of 0.333, the same as Tebow's. I think this is an aspect of the position that analysts are leaving out of the equation and helps explain why the Broncos are winning despite everyone's expectations.

Found this on his Wiki page: "Despite on-field successes by the Broncos under Tebow, he finished the season with the lowest passing completion rate in the NFL which led many to question his potential as a quarterback at the professional level"

NFL Stats: by Player Category

There were 5 other QBs with lower completion percentages, and Tebow took the lead of a weak team that forced him to throw out of bounds and he had a bigger than average share of dropped balls.

Oh, and just an FYI, Jim, I am neither a "libtard" nor a "Christ-hater".

So you say.

According to these stats he has a 75.3 rating. Tim Tebow: Career Stats at NFL.com

Cam Newton, by comparison has an 88.8 rating and Drew Brees has a passer rating of 104.7.

Yes I understand the importance of a Playoff winning QB. I also know that a team will not sacrifice their ability to win just because a player is a Christian.

Even a 75 QB rating puts him higher than Flacco, Schuab, Reeding, and Eli Manning.

You say you understand the importance of a playoff winning QB, but then you fail to demonstrate it by saying anything remotely reasonable on the topic.

And why should an NFL team give Tebow a shot because he is a Christian? I am not suggesting they do it for that reason. They should do it because of his QB rating, his performance in his last start at New England, his 75% completion rating and continued improvement at NY, and his performance at Denver in 2011 to include his playoff win and the records he set then. And on top of all that, he is getting rave reviews by other NFL QBs like this one: Evaluating Tebow's Progress - ESPN Video - ESPN

You just cant get past the 'he's a Bible thumper' hate thing, eh?

According to NFL.com, Eli Manning's total passer rating is 81.2.
According to NFL.com, Joe Flacco's total passer rating is 83.7
According to NFL.com, Matt Schaub's total passer rating is 89.8

The total is different from any single season. It is a cumulative total for their career. It gives a better idea of what they are capable of achieving.

If you want to cherry-pick individual seasons, you are giving a slant that is simply dishonest. For example, in 1998 Peyton Manning's passer rating was 71.2. In 2012, Tebow's passer rating with the Jets was 84.9. Is Tebow a better QB than Manning??

Oh, and the 84.9 rating is the highest Tebow achieved in his NFL career. And that was based on his throwing a grand total of 8 passes (completing 6).

Dude, I was comparing Tebows career stats to this years QB stats because there are no Tebow stats for this year. If you want to take his last season with the Jets, a 75% completion rate makes him look even better. His 2012 QB rating of 84.9 is better than all but 24 starting QBs for the year. And Tebow got only a few plays to make that 75% which is HARDER to do, not easier, lol. QBs need time to get in sync with their receivers, and Tebow didn't get any.

I recall Shaun Alexander had a fairly long career (for an RB) with Seattle. He has been a devout Christian his entire life. He and his wife have spoken out about abstinence in many venues.

Did he only play 9 seasons because he was blackballed?

Did he do a commercial supporting a pro-life message? Did he pray publicly? Was he noted as a standout Christian in college? Was he home schooled by missionary parents?

You are comparing apples and oranges. Tebow is not being targeted because he is affiliated with a Christian church, he is being targeted because he finds his life's meaning in a relationship with God.

You don't see the difference because you don't want to see it.

We need a new competitive league that doesn't penalize players who don't have a criminal record.

:rofl:

Dude, it's not a conspiracy, the guy simply can't throw the ball accurately with any consistency. If you want to be critical of anyone, be critical of Tebow for refusing to consider a move to full back or tight end.

Yea, they blackball Christians in the NFL. That's why coaches and players are always thanking God as a freakin PRECEDENT, yah run with that.

Tebow is aweful. His win streak while on Denver was vs. ALL BELOW .500 teams, his qb rating that year was 2nd to last among active starters, and the first game after his win streak where he played vs. an over .500 team he lost by over 30. Perspective helps.

Blah, blah, blah, another Christ hating leftwing nutball shitting on Tebow.

What a surprise.

We need a new competitive league that doesn't penalize players who don't have a criminal record.

Dude, it's not a conspiracy, the guy simply can't throw the ball accurately with any consistency. If you want to be critical of anyone, be critical of Tebow for refusing to consider a move to full back or tight end.

Dude, where do you get that opinion when EXPERTS who train QBs say the exact opposite?

You are blathering repeat slander with no basis in fact.

Did you even look at the video?

I didn't think so.

Really? When the last time you saw a QB (Heisman winner/national champion), take a team from oblivion to the playoffs, win a playoff game on a dramatic throw, throw 75 percent the next season, and then be out of the league after that? You don't buy it cos you don't want to buy it.

I've seen Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer win superbowls.

That doesn't mean I'd ever want either of them as my team's starting QB.

Really? When the last time you saw a QB (Heisman winner/national champion), take a team from oblivion to the playoffs, win a playoff game on a dramatic throw, throw 75 percent the next season, and then be out of the league after that? You don't buy it cos you don't want to buy it.

I've seen Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer win superbowls.

That doesn't mean I'd ever want either of them as my team's starting QB.

Lol, so you haven't seen the video, you don't give a shit that about a dozen QBs have affirmed how well Tebows passing is now, and you still yap about him not being able to throw, roflmao.

Haters gotta keep on hatin!

I recall Shaun Alexander had a fairly long career (for an RB) with Seattle. He has been a devout Christian his entire life. He and his wife have spoken out about abstinence in many venues.

From what I've read, Colin Kaepernick is just as devoutly Christian as Tebow, if not moreso.

I wonder why the Niners haven't cut him yet.

I don't buy the whole "No one wants Tebow because he is a good Christian boy" nonsense.

If a coach or owner thought Tebow could take them places, they would hire him. Nothing else would matter.

But I am confused as to why no one has run him at tight-end.

This is what happens when people who run businesses kowtow to the leftwing PC fascists.

Even a better than average QB cant get a job because the managers and coaches are too afraid of simple controversy, lol.

Did he do a commercial supporting a pro-life message? Did he pray publicly? Was he noted as a standout Christian in college? Was he home schooled by missionary parents?

You are comparing apples and oranges. Tebow is not being targeted because he is affiliated with a Christian church, he is being targeted because he finds his life's meaning in a relationship with God.

You don't see the difference because you don't want to see it.

Alexander did commercials supporting abstinence. He did pray publically. Yes, he was noted as a Christian standout in college.

Your claims for his abilities require cherry-picking the stats. The fact that he does not have the worst passer ratings for NFL QBs does not mean he is a good NFL QB. But his 88rating is one I cannot find in the NFL stats. Got a link?

Dude, where do you get that opinion when EXPERTS who train QBs say the exact opposite?

You are blathering repeat slander with no basis in fact.

Did you even look at the video?

I didn't think so.

I've now read through the thread...

You obviously don't know shit about football, and this is all about religion to you.

If you would've just stuck this in the religion forum where it belongs, I wouldn't have wasted your time trying to educate you.

I'm not a huge NFL fan, so I had to do a little more research.

Which explains your silly ass view of Tebow being a better tight end.

Do either of you think the 9 INTs he threw or the 14 fumbles (lost 6) had anything to do with any of this?

Tebow had among the fewest interceptions ranked 32nd highest number, got sacked 33 times to come in at 12th highest (due to porous line), and his 6 fumbles were typical of a QB avoiding the rush because of a weak line, and that tied him with Vick and was one more than Ryan Matthews.

In fact Tebow has been noted to not turn over the ball very often for a QB.

Vox Popoli: Mailvox: thinking Tebow through

Found this on his Wiki page: "Despite on-field successes by the Broncos under Tebow, he finished the season with the lowest passing completion rate in the NFL which led many to question his potential as a quarterback at the professional level"

There were 5 other QBs with lower completion percentages, and Tebow took the lead of a weak team that forced him to throw out of bounds and he had a bigger than average share of dropped balls.

Oh, and just an FYI, Jim, I am neither a "libtard" nor a "Christ-hater".

So you say.

Yep, so I say. Can you find any posts I have made that show anything different?

Claiming I am anti-Christian simply because I do not think Tebow is the victim of a conspiracy or that he has been blackballed because of his faith is nonsense. You'll have to do better than that.

Or is it that you want him in the NFL just because he is a vocal Christian? And, btw, is being a vocal Christian somehow better than being a regular Christian?

From what I've read, Colin Kaepernick is just as devoutly Christian as Tebow, if not moreso.

I wonder why the Niners haven't cut him yet.

Because he doesn't attract the same flock of stupid critics that Tebow does.

And he is still getting controversy, but it just hasn't grown so much yet.

Tattooed 49ers QB Not the Only Controversial Christian in 201... | Gleanings | ChristianityToday.com

The NFL bans Bible verses on players' eyeblack or uniforms, but Super Bowl-bound San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick wears his favorite verses on his arms–permanently.

Kaepernick, whose successful season has launched him into the national spotlight, made headlines last November when one Sporting News columnist criticized the quarterback's arm tattoos, likening the player to "inmates at California's state prison."

The commentary sparked response from other bloggers who came to Kaepernick's defense. But Kaepernick's adoptive parents also went straight to the media in support of their son's tattoos, pointing out that he "chose Bible verses and had them inscribed on his biceps."

"'Colin's a fairly religious kid, but he's not in your face about it,'" his father told USA Today. "'It's more about him and what he believes.'"

Tebow is in your face about it, and that is why the Christ haters are trying to destroy his career.

Yea, they blackball Christians in the NFL. That's why coaches and players are always thanking God as a freakin PRECEDENT, yah run with that.

Tebow is aweful. His win streak while on Denver was vs. ALL BELOW .500 teams, his qb rating that year was 2nd to last among active starters, and the first game after his win streak where he played vs. an over .500 team he lost by over 30. Perspective helps.

What a surprise.

Umm, no.

Facts and reality Trump your persecution complex.

He sucks as an NFL QB. That is a fact.

What a surprise.

Umm, no.

No, that is not a fact, in fact his stats are pretty good for a guy that has only one portion of a year as a starter. Compare his first year starter stats with the first year starts for almost anyone else and Tebow compares very favorably.

And I've already gone over the numbers, no need to repeat.

But will repeat this, you are a hater and facts don't mean shit to you as long as you can hate.

Tebow is in your face about it, and that is why the Christ haters are trying to destroy his career.

Right, because getting bible verses permanently and prominently tattooed on your arms isn't "in your face" about it.

Keep swinging Casey. :rofl:

You think smudgey tattoos on the arms are as 'in your face' as kneeling in prayer on the sidelines? His own parents claim he is not up front about his faith, lol.

So now you know Kaepernick better than his own parents, know how good a QB is better than proQBs, lol

Fuck off.

Let me quote myself:

Here's a recap of his season with the Broncos.

34th place in completion percentage. (Last place)
28th in QB Rating. (Almost last place)

-Mid-season winning streak recap:

First Tebow gets put in vs. a winning team: Detroit. He loses by an embarrassing 35 points. Then, *ALL* Versus .500 or below teams they go on a win streak, vs. teams whom *ALL* did not make the playoffs. Of *ALL* of these sucky sucky teams, they literally had trouble winning each of these games, mostly in OT or within the last few seconds of the 4th quarter. Tebow was not the reason why they even hung in there, as his stats are disgustingly bad.

-With making the playoffs on the line, and finally against an over .500 team, they dropped three straight. New England crushes their soul, Buffalo (a .375 team mind you) wallops them by 26 points, and they lose to KC, the worst team in their Division.

-They luckily still make the playoffs, despite losing their last 3 straight, b/c their division rivals did horrendous as well. They become an 8-8 record playoff team, gross.

-They play a handicapped Steelers team, QB sprained ankle, Center out, top 2 RB's out, etc. and again BARELY are able to squeeze a win out.

-They again face a successful team - and again New England crushes their soul.

And pretty much all of Denver knew that with a Great QB last year, they could have gotten pretty far.

What a surprise.

Umm, no.

No, that is not a fact, in fact his stats are pretty good for a guy that has only one portion of a year as a starter. Compare his first year starter stats with the first year starts for almost anyone else and Tebow compares very favorably.

And I've already gone over the numbers, no need to repeat.

But will repeat this, you are a hater and facts don't mean shit to you as long as you can hate.

Interesting logic you have there. If people agree with you its all well & good. If they disagree (regardless of the facts) they are automatically a "hater" and only disagree because of Tebow's religious beliefs. lol

Forum List

Back