sex on the first date

Would you continue dating/marry someone you had sex with on the first night?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
You have a pre nup that provides for corporal punishment? You can't really have a provision like that you know.

We have a pre-nup that gives me total control of legal decisions made in the relationship and the power to enforce those decisions. She knows that failing to accept discipline means a divorce and going back to the hole i pulled her out of.
Ohhh so if she doesn't let you hit her, you would divorce her. I see. It does make sense. It's no different than many other quid pro quos. Some men want sex. Some men want a neat freak house. The fear of being alone overcomes any feeling of self preservation. It's good that you found each other.

I feel sorry for her.
Not because of her choice in husbands. She is likely tickled pink with that.

She never learned proper survival techniques. That's enough to be sorry for.

I think she was probably raised that way. She is Latino. It is common in some Latino countries for women to be . . . . well second-class to their husbands for lack of a better term.

I'm sorry to say, but the two of you demonstrate a lot of symptoms of that which adults who were abused as children would display. Protective of your feelings, so much so that you will throw away another person at the first sign of "feeling" something for them for one. Striking out at other people who love you when angry in a physical and violent manner is another. Now, I'm no psychiatrist, but I do have a lot of experience with psychiatry, and while I cannot make a diagnosis, I can certainly recognize the symptoms.

More at the link . . . . Childhood trauma and abuse can have many effects on adult health

Abuse-related conditions

The negative impact of child abuse on adult mental health has been documented for over 150 years,*, and, over the last thirty years, in particular, numerous research studies have documented the link between child abuse and mental illness in later life. At present, there is no single diagnosis or condition that describes the psychological effects of child abuse. When in contact with mental health services, many adult survivors of child abuse find themselves diagnosed with multiple psychological conditions, many of which have considerable overlap.

The psychological impact of abuse on a child depends on a range of factors, including: the type of abuse, the severity of abuse, the relationship of the child to the abuser/s, the child's family environment and their relationship with their parents or other caregivers, and whether the child has previous experiences of abuse, or a history of support, care and love. These factors can soften, or exacerbate, the impact of abuse on a child's psychological wellbeing, and the likelihood that they will develop mental illness later in life.

Below is a list of a range of psychological conditions that are associated with child abuse. Please read on to find out more about them.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a psychological condition that develops after a person has been harmed or exposed to danger, and they have been unable to protect themselves. PTSD is particularly likely to develop when a person experiences fear, helplessness and powerless, which are all common features of child abuse.

PTSD has three main symptoms:

• Hyperarousal is similar to the jumpy feeling that drinking too much coffee causes. We might experience it as anxiety, agitation or irritability. It is commonly known as the state of ‘fight or flight’.
  • Intrusions occur when traumatic experiences dating from a person’s past, break through into their consciousness and are experienced as though they are occurring in the present. They are called "flashbacks".
  • Avoidance is an attempt to defend oneself against danger by limiting contact with the world. This can involve withdrawing from others or narrowing the range of thoughts and feelings a person allows him/herself to acknowledge. Avoidance can take the form of repression (locking the memory of a traumatic event away), denial (failing to acknowledge that an event which occurred, actually happened), dissociation (altered perception) or amnesia (memory loss). Survivors subconsciously use any or all of these techniques to survive the trauma of their abuse.

Ohhh so if she doesn't let you hit her, you would divorce her. I see. It does make sense. It's no different than many other quid pro quos. Some men want sex. Some men want a neat freak house. The fear of being alone overcomes any feeling of self preservation. It's good that you found each other.

She hasn't been hit in about 2 years. Since before we were married. It is part of the upper levels of our discipline structure. We understand each others needs and what is expected from the other. Makes more sense to us than basing a relationship on stupid emotions.

She hasn't been hit in about 2 years. Since before we were married. It is part of the upper levels of our discipline structure. We understand each others needs and what is expected from the other. Makes more sense to us than basing a relationship on stupid emotions.
It does make sense. I have handled thousands of divorces, marital agreements and family law needs. The most successful relationships is where each party has a pathology and the pathologies are compatible. Those marriages never end, no matter how peculiar they look to an outsider.

I do not believe in PTSD. It's one of those made up syndromes to give psychologists a new way to make money.

You have a pre nup that provides for corporal punishment? You can't really have a provision like that you know.

We have a pre-nup that gives me total control of legal decisions made in the relationship and the power to enforce those decisions. She knows that failing to accept discipline means a divorce and going back to the hole i pulled her out of.

I feel SO sorry for her. That is fucking sad.

Her best bet now is probably suicide.

I was divorced in 1976. When a man I was dating started talking either love or marriage, it was my cue to get out. There's only one right or wrong. That's whatever I say it is. I married in 2005 for medical and business reasons. We didn't live together until the last year of his life.

I'm not the marrying kind. I never was.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to live alone and not be in a serious relationship. The problem is when you use and hurt people and don't even care. That is just cruelty and extremely selfish.
Some days you're the butcher. Some days you're the cow. Be the butcher as much as possible.

Every person that is used and possibly hurt by that use, would have absolutely no thought for someone they were using and hurting.

Don't you see that you have this viewpoint because of your life? You hurt others to avoid letting them hurt you. That much is obvious.

Here's a question to ponder: between the crazy cat lady and the psycho living in the 12th century, which poster would net a shrink a longer career analyzing them?

I feel sorry for her.
Not because of her choice in husbands. She is likely tickled pink with that.

She never learned proper survival techniques. That's enough to be sorry for.

I think she was probably raised that way. She is Latino. It is common in some Latino countries for women to be . . . . well second-class to their husbands for lack of a better term.

Sometimes.

Of course, my wife is also Latino. :up:

I too prefer dogs to people. That's the reason I closed the law office and trained as a dog groomer. I started disliking people so much, I could barely be in the same room with another person. My husband was a very friendly, likeable person. He handled all of the client relations and I loved up the puppies.

I was divorced in 1976. When a man I was dating started talking either love or marriage, it was my cue to get out. There's only one right or wrong. That's whatever I say it is. I married in 2005 for medical and business reasons. We didn't live together until the last year of his life.

I'm not the marrying kind. I never was.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to live alone and not be in a serious relationship. The problem is when you use and hurt people and don't even care. That is just cruelty and extremely selfish.
Some days you're the butcher. Some days you're the cow. Be the butcher as much as possible.

Every person that is used and possibly hurt by that use, would have absolutely no thought for someone they were using and hurting.

Don't you see that you have this viewpoint because of your life? You hurt others to avoid letting them hurt you. That much is obvious.

Here's a question to ponder: between the crazy cat lady and the psycho living in the 12th century, which poster would net a shrink a longer career analyzing them?
You.

I'm sorry to say, but the two of you demonstrate a lot of symptoms of that which adults who were abused as children would display. Protective of your feelings, so much so that you will throw away another person at the first sign of "feeling" something for them for one. Striking out at other people who love you when angry in a physical and violent manner is another. Now, I'm no psychiatrist, but I do have a lot of experience with psychiatry, and while I cannot make a diagnosis, I can certainly recognize the symptoms.

More at the link . . . . Childhood trauma and abuse can have many effects on adult health

Abuse-related conditions

The negative impact of child abuse on adult mental health has been documented for over 150 years,*, and, over the last thirty years, in particular, numerous research studies have documented the link between child abuse and mental illness in later life. At present, there is no single diagnosis or condition that describes the psychological effects of child abuse. When in contact with mental health services, many adult survivors of child abuse find themselves diagnosed with multiple psychological conditions, many of which have considerable overlap.

The psychological impact of abuse on a child depends on a range of factors, including: the type of abuse, the severity of abuse, the relationship of the child to the abuser/s, the child's family environment and their relationship with their parents or other caregivers, and whether the child has previous experiences of abuse, or a history of support, care and love. These factors can soften, or exacerbate, the impact of abuse on a child's psychological wellbeing, and the likelihood that they will develop mental illness later in life.

Below is a list of a range of psychological conditions that are associated with child abuse. Please read on to find out more about them.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is a psychological condition that develops after a person has been harmed or exposed to danger, and they have been unable to protect themselves. PTSD is particularly likely to develop when a person experiences fear, helplessness and powerless, which are all common features of child abuse.

• Hyperarousal is similar to the jumpy feeling that drinking too much coffee causes. We might experience it as anxiety, agitation or irritability. It is commonly known as the state of ‘fight or flight’.
  • Intrusions occur when traumatic experiences dating from a person’s past, break through into their consciousness and are experienced as though they are occurring in the present. They are called "flashbacks".
  • Avoidance is an attempt to defend oneself against danger by limiting contact with the world. This can involve withdrawing from others or narrowing the range of thoughts and feelings a person allows him/herself to acknowledge. Avoidance can take the form of repression (locking the memory of a traumatic event away), denial (failing to acknowledge that an event which occurred, actually happened), dissociation (altered perception) or amnesia (memory loss). Survivors subconsciously use any or all of these techniques to survive the trauma of their abuse.

Yeah, I have a few of those. Likely having the beginnings of CTE can't help, either.

Probably Tipsy, by a big margin. Remember that I have a .45ACP cartridge with my initials engraved on it. :)

Abuse-related conditions

I have not a single one of those symptoms. Not one.

Probably Tipsy, by a big margin. Remember that I have a .45ACP cartridge with my initials engraved on it. :)
I do love my guns! It's the last defense protecting my solitude.

I have always been a survivor. Anything that gets in my way will be run over by a lawn mower. I have been responsible for my own survival all my life. I despise weakness of any kind. Men who want to get married are inherently weak. Love makes people weak. Need makes people weak.
I love my dog and she's really bossy.

I suggest you go to counseling and this time, stick it out. It's not an "instant gratification" kind of thing. It takes time.

Not going to happen on so many levels.

It couldn't hurt and can only help. You shouldn't be hitting people. It's not right. Your wife is a human being, not a dog. Recognize that.

Point of order, dogs should not be abused either. I wrote two VAWA Grants, managed both and supervised a unit of LE under both. One disgusting behavior of abusers is to harm or kill the victims pet.

12002915_10154772780931959_8579773319390994250_n.jpg

Forum List

Back