Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Sometimes, and this of course being one of those times.

You wouldn't be throwing out retarded absolutes like this bones if your argument held any merit.

If someone is in the process of raping your daughter on your own property hell yes you have a right to kill them.

It's your obligation to kill them.

Not a fast death. Take them out stake them out in the pig pen back in the swamps and don't feed the pig for 2 weeks .

Grand jury to review case of man who killed daughter's alleged abuser - CNN

Grand jury to review case of man who killed daughter's alleged abuser
June 16, 2012|

A grand jury will weigh whether charges should be filed against a Texas father who killed a man he found sexually abusing his daughter, local authorities said.

According to the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, the 23-year-old father and his family were enjoying a barbecue last Saturday at their ranch on Shiner's outskirts where they keep horses and chickens.

His young daughter had gone off toward the barn, to feed the chickens, the child's grandfather -- who isn't being named, to protect the identity of his granddaughter -- told CNN affiliates KSAT and KPRC.

Then her father heard screaming and ran. He found a 47-year-old man in the act of sexually abusing his daughter, according to Sheriff Micah Harmon.

The father stopped the alleged abuser, then pounded him repeatedly in the head.

"At this time I believe the homicide investigation should be sent to the grand jury. Sheriff Harmon made the right decision in not arresting the father at the time of the incident. All of the evidence surrounding this homicide will be presented to the Grand Jury as soon as possible," Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn said in a statement Friday.

The father himself called 911, saying his daughter's alleged abuser was lying, beaten, on the ground. Afterward, the sheriff said that the admitted killer appeared "very remorseful" and didn't know the other man would die at the scene.

Authorities have identified the man killed as Jesus Mora Flores. He was an acquaintance of the family, known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said...

o look ernie...the grand jury .....

again the man should have to account for his actions in a court of law.....

for some reason this idea seems foreign to a lot of posters on here....

Fail

I still can't figure out why you're acting like such a twat bones. I guess in your opinion it would only have been justified if he killed Michael Vick after catching him in the act of drowning a dog. :rolleyes:

If they are caught in the act, he's dead period.

Fail

I still can't figure out why you're acting like such a twat bones. I guess in your opinion it would only have been justified if he killed Michael Vick after catching him in the act of drowning a dog. :rolleyes:

What bones is saying, quite rightly IMO, is that if the pedo had lived he should have to account for his actions in a court of law, rather than being taken out back and fed to the pigs.

If the rule of law is replaced by summary "justice" then that puts us on the same rung as apes on the evolutionary ladder.

Whether this was "summary justice" or a result of a father protecting his child and accidentally beating the perp to death is a question first for the DA and thereafter for the court. I hope the evidence shows that it is the latter. Irrespective, I would have had the same reaction as the father and would then have to accept the fact that legal due process has to run its course.

I don't understand why insisting that the law of the land should be followed to its ultimate conclusion is a "fail".

It appears that Texas law is as stated in Quant's post #144. If so, it appears the father has no case to answer.

I believe his actions should be investigated to see if what he is claiming is true, but if what he is saying is true, no further action should be taken.

If it's not in dispute that the dead man was indeed caught in the act of molesting the rancher's daughter...

...then anyone who thinks the rancher did the wrong thing is totally fucked in the head. And then some. :thup:

I believe his actions should be investigated to see if what he is claiming is true, but if what he is saying is true, no further action should be taken.

yes it is simple as that....we have a system for this....

And the last time I looked, our criminal justice system doesn't impose the death penalty for rape.

Should the father have left, called the police and waited for them to come and stop the rapist?

As the Sheriff said "This will go to a Texas prosecutor who may present it to a Texas grand jury and Texans will decide if this man should be prosecuted."

Which is pretty much Texas code for "he'll go free".

No, the father should have grabbed the bad guy, pulled him away from the girl and taken reasonable steps to detain him until the police could be called.

Really george that's how you would have handled it?

yes it is simple as that....we have a system for this....

One less rapist is the system I believe in.

And the last time I looked, our criminal justice system doesn't impose the death penalty for rape.

Look up "in the defense of others" Eisenstein!

Spoken like a man by himself on father's day!

Damn you hit him hard in the gut there Ghook.

The funny thing is I actually like George Costanza, he is one of the better libs here, but come on a person that could make that comment can't have kids!

Forum List

Back