Shocked Europeans post astronomical Energy Bills

You left out Hydro. Good luck with your light bill, if you can keep the power on.
Umm, no I didn’t. Hydro makes up 11% of their energy. Hydro is the only good (reliable) “green energy”, but it can never power an entire grid. Here in AZ the levels at the dams are so low they may have to ramp down output or even shut them off. But hydro only makes up 5% of AZ power.

Wind and Solar are a joke, you can’t dispute that. Here in super sunny AZ it is barely 9% of power. Even then it’s expensive as fuck to operate.

I only picture Florida as a destination for those that want a warm sunny place to recreate, personally, as that is what I use it for.
The State of Florida used to be known for sunshine and warm climes, White...now it's the place people move to so they can be free. Nobody wants to live in a place where government locks you down every chance they get.

The State of Florida used to be known for sunshine and warm climes, White...now it's the place people move to so they can be free. Nobody wants to live in a place where government locks you down every chance they get.
Well, I don't either, but would not move to Florida. Only places worth living are on the beaches and they are outrageously high and with high insurance, while water continues to rise. Inland 3 miles, miserably hot, sticky, mosquito infested and often no breeze for relief. I will visit, to do the beach thing as always. but still think of Florida as the place old people move to from up north to die in trailer parks.

Well, I don't either, but would not move to Florida. Only places worth living are on the beaches and they are outrageously high and with high insurance, while water continues to rise. Inland 3 miles, miserably hot, sticky, mosquito infested and often no breeze for relief. I will visit, to do the beach thing as always. but still think of Florida as the place old people move to from up north to die in trailer parks.
LOL...you think the sea is going to rise and flood the coast of Florida, White? Sorry but I've been here twenty years now and I'm not seeing it. I know that's the narrative that Al Gore and his little friends have been pushing for several decades now but it's not happening like they'd like you to think it is!

As for the weather? I'll put up with the heat in the summer (of which I'm usually away on vacations anyway) to not have to put up with ice, snow and freezing temps.

Not a single trailer park in my town by the way. You've got to move past some of your stereotypes, White!

LOL...you think the sea is going to rise and flood the coast of Florida, White? Sorry but I've been here twenty years now and I'm not seeing it. I know that's the narrative that Al Gore and his little friends have been pushing for several decades now but it's not happening like they'd like you to think it is!

As for the weather? I'll put up with the heat in the summer (of which I'm usually away on vacations anyway) to not have to put up with ice, snow and freezing temps.

Not a single trailer park in my town by the way. You've got to move past some of your stereotypes, White!
More flooding in Miami than there used to be, I have heard. I don't know why or where it comes from and don't care, as I only come down to rent on the beach, enjoy and leave.

More flooding in Miami than there used to be, I have heard. I don't know why or where it comes from and don't care, as I only come down to rent on the beach, enjoy and leave.
We get flooding when we get tropical storms, White. The storm comes...we get lots of rain. The storm goes away...we're back to normal. To be honest I haven't heard anything about large amounts of unusual flooding in Miami. Don't know what news source you're getting THAT from but I can guess! You need to stop listening to the hysterics.

Forum List

Back