Shooting a dog <> shooting a fetus.... What's the diff?

Now, that's true. She didn't HAVE to. You could have led with that.

But we don't know the circumstances. The Veterinarian could have been 200 Miles away. It is South Dakota, aferall.

The dog may have been uncontrollable or even dangerous.

She may have been unwilling to spend several hundred dollars on a lousy mutt that had just got done killing a bunch of chickens and maybe even a baby calf.

We always had Collies on our Farm. Nothing else. Controllable, good dogs. But I knew neighbors that used mutts bred from God knows what. And they'd sometimes go bad on you. And had to be put down.

What about a Coyote? We found a dead one on our Farm one time that our two Collies had killed. What shoud we have done about that?

Real life is hard?
OR, more likely she's a bitch and she needlessly murdered a dog rather than tie it up till you take the next trip up to Sam Druckers General Store

She was frustrated. Hated that dog.

Hey, I hope us attacking her like this tells you she's the perfect candidate to be Trump's VP. I love it! Pick her please. May as well pick Michael Vick.

She had to shoot it? WRONG!!! She's fucking evil. You can't claim to care about life and do this. Impossible. Which is what I always suspected. You right wingers don't care about the seed in my wifes belly.

Noem said she killed her dog because of its “aggressive personality” and called the dog "untrainable."

Cricket was a 14-month-old wirehair pointer.

The American Kennel Club rates the dog breed as "love-dovey" when it comes to how affectionate the dogs are with families.

Here in New England, Connecticut I helped a freind put down a pit bull, at the veterinarian's.

I searched all the Animal shelters, with google maps. I searched online and found Pit Bull shelters.

Not one place out of over a dozen would take the dog.

Shelters are not an answer.
Yeah....had a very sick animal and needed to say good bye...13 year old lab.

I was keeping him alive more for me than for him. What a shock...when I was seeking euthanasia services. I was met with a barrage of shaming and finger pointing as if I wasn't already hurting enough.

I did locate a vet who was willing. Soon thereafter the city passed an ordinance forbidding vets to argue with euthanasia. Either offer it or don't. MYOB.

Last edited:
Once again, teabaggers try to justify the indefensible.

Gov. Kristi Noem says she killed family pet: 'I hated that dog'​

1714487556270.png
PennLive.com
https://www.pennlive.com › nation-world › 2024/04 › g...

3 days ago — A potential GOP vice presidential candidate, South Dakota's Noem is defending killing the dog after it attacked chickens, plus a goat.

That dog knew, she hated it.
Dogs are very perceptive.

Kristi Noem defends decision to shoot her dog​

1714487723996.png
ABC Chicago
https://abc7chicago.com › kristi-noem-south-dakotas-g...

1 day ago — South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is defending a controversial account she shares in a new book about killing her dog Cricket,.

"I hated that dog," Noem writes, claiming Cricket was "untrainable."

NO, it is YOU who is untrainable.

"This was my dog and my responsibility, and I would not ask someone else to clean up my mess," Noem writes. "I stopped the truck in the middle of the yard, got my gun, grabbed Cricket's leash and led her out into the pasture and down into the gravel pit."

Too bad it wasn't the other way around.

Ah, this dishonest meme again.

It's not just illegal to mess with their eggs. You can get a $10,000 fine for merely picking up an Eagle Feather off the ground.

There were never bald eagles where I live growing up. I live on a lake and we have at least one as far as I can tell. I'm sure he/she has a partner. Pretty cool Eagles are making a comeback. Soon they won't be protected and Republicans can start target shooting them for fun.

Yeah....had a very sick animal and needed to say good bye...13 year old lab.

I was keeping him alive more for me than for him. What a shock...when I was seeking euthanasia services. I was met with a barrage of shaming and finger pointing as if I wasn't already hurting enough.

I did locate a vet who was willing. Soon thereafter the city passed an ordinance for bidding vets to argue with euthanasia. Either offer it or don't. MYOB.

Was your dog terminal? Did they say they could save it but it was going to cost thousands of dollars? The older the dog is the more likely we are going to say put the dog down.

I had to do it to my last dog. It's quick. The worst part was I made the decision on Saturday but the place wasn't open until Monday at 9am. Hated seeing her suffer like that. My poor dog.

And I love the dog I have now even more than her. Or, I love them equally but my currrent dog is by far the best dog I've ever had. What a boy. And he's a snowflake. If he's hurting, he let's me know it. The day when he's dying is going to be tough because he will cry and moan.

If he was out in the woods and suffered a wound that I didn't think he was going to survive, I might shoot him to put him out of his misery. But man if he doesn't die right away it will haunt me. I would hope to have a shotgun handy because he won't survive that. My nightmare is I shoot him and he runs into a corner, licks the hole and looks at me like why did I do that. OMG I would die!

The childishness of dimocrap scum has never been more evident than in this thread.

But they'll defend to the death the murdering of millions of Human Babies, and Planned Parenthood dismembering and selling their body parts. For millions of dollars in profit.

dimocraps, you are truly scum. The world would be a better place without you in it

The childishness of dimocrap scum has never been more evident than in this thread.

But they'll defend to the death the murdering of millions of Human Babies, and Planned Parenthood dismembering and selling their body parts. For millions of dollars in profit.

dimocraps, you are truly scum. The world would be a better place without you in it
fetuses aren't people.

And until you guys support welfare without shame for all those unwanted fetuses, you really have nothing to talk about.

Once again, teabaggers try to justify the indefensible.

Gov. Kristi Noem says she killed family pet: 'I hated that dog'

View attachment 940055
PennLive.com
https://www.pennlive.com › nation-world › 2024/04 › g...
3 days ago — A potential GOP vice presidential candidate, South Dakota's Noem is defending killing the dog after it attacked chickens, plus a goat.

That dog knew, she hated it.
Dogs are very perceptive.

Kristi Noem defends decision to shoot her dog

View attachment 940056
ABC Chicago
https://abc7chicago.com › kristi-noem-south-dakotas-g...
1 day ago — South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is defending a controversial account she shares in a new book about killing her dog Cricket,.

"I hated that dog," Noem writes, claiming Cricket was "untrainable."

NO, it is YOU who is untrainable.

"This was my dog and my responsibility, and I would not ask someone else to clean up my mess," Noem writes. "I stopped the truck in the middle of the yard, got my gun, grabbed Cricket's leash and led her out into the pasture and down into the gravel pit."

Too bad it wasn't the other way around.
This is one of those things best left to silence. Nothing she says about it will help her in any way.

Jo

Was your dog terminal? Did they say they could save it but it was going to cost thousands of dollars? The older the dog is the more likely we are going to say put the dog down.

I had to do it to my last dog. It's quick. The worst part was I made the decision on Saturday but the place wasn't open until Monday at 9am. Hated seeing her suffer like that. My poor dog.

And I love the dog I have now even more than her. Or, I love them equally but my currrent dog is by far the best dog I've ever had. What a boy. And he's a snowflake. If he's hurting, he let's me know it. The day when he's dying is going to be tough because he will cry and moan.

If he was out in the woods and suffered a wound that I didn't think he was going to survive, I might shoot him to put him out of his misery. But man if he doesn't die right away it will haunt me. I would hope to have a shotgun handy because he won't survive that. My nightmare is I shoot him and he runs into a corner, licks the hole and looks at me like why did I do that. OMG I would die!
Yeah....tumors. It nearly killed me to do it. I cried for a month.

She is now couching it as a sign of her ability to make tough decisions.

I personally think this takes her out of any consideration for VP
Probably....VP picks don't usually bring more votes but the wrong pick can drive them away.

She is now couching it as a sign of her ability to make tough decisions.

I personally think this takes her out of any consideration for VP
Reminds me of when Bush made every wrong decision he could make in Iraq. The spin was "hey, at least I was willing to make the tough decisions"

Do you get credit for that when your decision was wrong? Should I invade Iraq? You don't get credit for a tough decision to lie us into a war for money. Yes it was tough. Illegal too. You should have been charged with war crimes.

Apparently it's legal to shoot a dog in her state if it's attacking livestock. Well, maybe that's why we don't let goobers from small states be president or vice president. They live in a different reality. Uncivilized yet they think they are religious. What they are is weird.

So she shot a dog.

Believe it or not culling was forever and still is a functional farming skill. I know the link I provided says " not for dogs" but I think it's fairly relative.

I am floored by the reactions of those who have no problem with culling humans.... to this mundane account of something normal to a farm oriented culture.

I believe this activity goes on regularly in the Agri-belt with all types of animals for a variety of reasons.

Ultimately I wish she just brought the animal to a no kill shelter. But that's just me.

Jo

It's wrong to kill preborn babies and it's wrong to kill a very young dog when there were other options. BOTH are wrong, end of story.

And it doesn't matter where one lives or what the culture is there, yada yada yada. Things like location or tradition are completely irrelevant and not an excuse.

Love hearing what urbanites have to say about life on a ranch or farm and how ranchers and farmers should live their lives and deal with adversity and disappointment. So she takes the dog to an animal shelter, saves a round, who euthanizes it because it’s deemed uncontrollable.

So she shot a dog.

Believe it or not culling was forever and still is a functional farming skill. I know the link I provided says " not for dogs" but I think it's fairly relative.

I am floored by the reactions of those who have no problem with culling humans.... to this mundane account of something normal to a farm oriented culture.

I believe this activity goes on regularly in the Agri-belt with all types of animals for a variety of reasons.

Ultimately I wish she just brought the animal to a no kill shelter. But that's just me.

Jo
Shooting a woman with child is a felony. In some jurisdictions, injury of the fetus is its own separate and included offense.
Shooting a live baby outside the womb is a felony.
Shooting a dead baby outside the womb is likely at least some sort of crime.

Shooting a puppy because you didn't train it often is a crime as well, and regardless is sick crap.
What exactly are you ranting about?

Love hearing what urbanites have to say about life on a ranch or farm and how ranchers and farmers should live their lives and deal with adversity and disappointment. So she takes the dog to an animal shelter, saves a round, who euthanizes it because it’s deemed uncontrollable.
I don't disagree, however if you are a politician you don't advertise that you killed a puppy. That's game over for your career.

Forum List

Back