Shooting at nation'a Capitol zoo on black family day

Wow they really have an event called "black family day" or is that your own personal twist to the headline?

Your link doesn't say it is either one. Seems like the National Zoo has an Easter Family day when this happened but it didn't mention anything about black or African American.

Do I miss where it said that, or are you just lying to embellish news items to make your thread more interesting?

From the Article...

involving young men and women who visited the zoo during the family day that has brought black families to the zoo for a century.

From that line, it may be safe to assume that the Zoo has a day set aside specifically for black families.

From another article...

National Zoo attracts families on Easter Monday - The Washington Post

In a shift from years past, the National Zoo expanded the focus of the day, which has been a tradition in the city’s African American community. The event was officially billed as “Easter Monday: A Washington Family Tradition.”

“In earlier years, there used to be a lot more stuff going on. I saw the sign today, and it didn’t even mention the African American celebration,” said Laurel Brooks, who has attended the celebration many times. “This used to have a lot of meaning. But I guess they’re trying to expand it for everyone.”

It seems that this is the first year they didn't specifically target Black Families for Monday following Easter and that some of the Black Families didn't appreciate it.

Hell I have a family zoo day every year, it's called Thanksgiving, and after the booze is consumed the apes let the shit fly.......

From the Article...

involving young men and women who visited the zoo during the family day that has brought black families to the zoo for a century.

From that line, it may be safe to assume that the Zoo has a day set aside specifically for black families.
Washington DC has a very high black population, it is safe to assume something called Family Day will bring lots of black families.

Here is their web page for it, nothing about blacks: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/activitiesandevents/celebrations/easter/

Last edited:
From the Article...

Either way it is irrelevant. Had nothing to do with what happened.

From the Article...

I'm going to guess that the only shootings they have at the zoo are during this event

It is the price we pay for a second amendment.

An occaisional shooting is a small price to pay for the safety that guns afford us

An occaisional shooting is a small price to pay for the safety that guns afford us

I think I might have caught the gay aids from the faggotry you just wrote.

You might want to make those retarded, faggot liberal ass fucked comments in an area without the strictest gun control in the nation YOU FUCKING FAGGOT RETARD.

I think I might have caught the gay aids from the faggotry you just wrote.

You might want to make those retarded, faggot liberal ass fucked comments in an area without the strictest gun control in the nation YOU FUCKING FAGGOT RETARD.

retarded
faggot
ass fucked
FUCKING FAGGOT
RETARD

A well thought out post on your part. You do a fine job of representing the gun rights crowd and why they should be armed

That is hilarious coming from you Leftwinger.

From the Article...

I'm going to guess that the only shootings they have at the zoo are during this event

I am going to guess that is the only shooting they ever had there. You wanna take that bet?

If you read the articles there have bee. Three shootings at this event in the past 14 years. In 2000, 6 people got shot.

Forum List

Back