Should all politicians be banned from social media?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Now that Twitter and Facebook, etc., are not allowing Trump to talk based on the premise he tells untruths, should all politicians then be banned as well since all tell untruths?

In fact, everyone lies at some point, whether knowingly or unknowingly, so should we all be banned as well?

Or should we just move the DNC headquarters to Twitter and be done with it?

He doesn't need to be spreading misinformation and disinformation in the middle of a pandemic...which he completely blew the response to. Not helpful. They have a right to tag his tweets and posts.
Twitter and Facebook are a majority conservative and right leaning. I don't know what reality you live in. Which is why I'm always amazed when you guys go after them. If you lie, they're gonna tag you.
It's their right as a private company. Don't like it, find another platform.

Now that Twitter and Facebook, etc., are not allowing Trump to talk based on the premise he tells untruths, should all politicians then be banned as well since all tell untruths?

In fact, everyone lies at some point, whether knowingly or unknowingly, so should we all be banned as well?

Actually, you may have a point here. Not the one you are trying to, but a good point. Yes, maybe we should prevent Politicians from using Social Networking. Most misuse it for their own benefits. Make them have to get out there and talk to us in person. to further explain why that is better, the 2 townhalls did more good and bad for both Candidates than all the other crap including the loaded news reports and Tweets. I did learn some things new about Rump that were positive and I learned even more positive about Biden so both came out looking much better. We deserve hearing the face to face time with ALL those that either currently or will represent us without the crap.

Biden

lies with every breath he takes

The far left has successfully indoctrinated about half of America to repeal the First Amendment regarding our freedom of speech.

book-burning.jpg

Well done Brown shirts

On a serious note. If it hadn’t been for twitter, and the powers that be of the dems know this, Trump couldn’t have gotten the public to take notice to half of his accomplishments or exposed the truth of what the dems have tried to carry out. The msm will not report any of it.

Actually, you may have a point here. Not the one you are trying to, but a good point. Yes, maybe we should prevent Politicians from using Social Networking. Most misuse it for their own benefits. Make them have to get out there and talk to us in person. to further explain why that is better, the 2 townhalls did more good and bad for both Candidates than all the other crap including the loaded news reports and Tweets. I did learn some things new about Rump that were positive and I learned even more positive about Biden so both came out looking much better. We deserve hearing the face to face time with ALL those that either currently or will represent us without the crap.
Most are never taught history in our wonderful public education system, so most probably don't know that the US created the Alien and Sedition Acts to prohibit freedom of speech regarding bad mouthing the powers that be right aft3er the Revolutionary war. If it were not for Jefferson to repeal most of it, the country would be a much more dark place to live.

Think of it, they just fought a bloody war to be free from government tyranny and they started to pull the same crap.

What was Left the Leftist hero FDR locked up innocent Japanese Americans during WW2

So you would like to see a return of this? You do realize that any censorship requires a policeman and that policeman will not censor themselves using the same criteria, right?

He doesn't need to be spreading misinformation and disinformation in the middle of a pandemic...which he completely blew the response to. Not helpful. They have a right to tag his tweets and posts.
Twitter and Facebook are a majority conservative and right leaning. I don't know what reality you live in. Which is why I'm always amazed when you guys go after them. If you lie, they're gonna tag you.
Not true! Twitter or any other social media platform are not the free speech police. They are using their own interpretation of the 230 provision for liability protection so they can self determine what they will allow to stand and what they won't. The FCC has the legal authority for interpretation of the law and you can bet there will be censorship clarification coming to social media very soon.

Twitter and Facebook need to be removed from the internet as the symbol of dirty politics they are.

He doesn’t spread misinformation. That’s why the left wants him buried.

Twitter and Facebook need to be removed from the internet as the symbol of dirty politics they are.
Well, consequences should be coming soon. This was released yesterday-
1602855584148.jpeg

Attachments

• 1602855532427.jpeg
    1602855532427.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16

Why hasn’t Trump kids create a new social network platform for all the disgruntled people?

He doesn’t spread misinformation. That’s why the left wants him buried.

True Believer. Check.
But then again, we're talking about a guy that is so stupid, he can't even tell when the fake news from a site that manufactures fake news....actually IS fake news. :)
And then retweets it as if to say, "I told you so!!". Moron.

No just lying filthy lowlife scum Democrat politicians. They deserve a 10 year ban for being blatantly dishonest with the American people.

As opposed to the misinformation being spread about how deadly this virus is and how we all have to destroy our lives because if you catch it, you are going to die!!!!

The misinformation is the lefts failure to follow the science.

bitchass.jpg

Why hasn’t Trump kids create a new social network platform for all the disgruntled people?

I said this since day one...
Trump is about one thing...sticking it to people. His supporters are professional wrestling fans or have that sort of mentality anyway. The spectacle is what is important; not the substance. Create the dueling platform...and you create an ecosystem that is free of that division.

If you don't believe me...look at his relationship with some on Fox News.

As opposed to the misinformation being spread about how deadly this virus is and how we all have to destroy our lives because if you catch it, you are going to die!!!!

View attachment 402374

Still on the whole denial thing? I thought we were past all this. Note where a lot of the cases are coming from (red states).

By next summer, Congress will be pursuing legislating to regulate social media. So much for freedom of speech.

View attachment 402374

Still on the whole denial thing? I thought we were past all this. Note where a lot of the cases are coming from (red states).
Brush up on your vocabulary and learn the difference between cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. Then get back to Me.

Just the ones that knowingly lie or repeat utter BS of people who knowingly lie on purpose.

Forum List

Back