🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Billy Graham be shown at the Capitol?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Today Billy Graham was taken to the Capitol for a showing after he died and a service held.

Does this cross the line of church and state?

From what I hear, he is only the 4rth private citizen to be shown after dying in US history.

No, this doesn’t cross the line of church and state. Also, I don’t have any problem with his body lying in repose at the Capital.

I dont really care but i think its stupid.
He was a popular guy. VERY popular, so i dont really doubt everything that has been happening concerning his death. The good and bad..

Today Billy Graham was taken to the Capitol for a showing after he died and a service held.

From what I hear, he is only the 4rth private citizen to be shown after dying in US history.

Of course not; showing him in no way violates the Establishment Clause. But, no doubt, the loony left will crap their britches over this.

Must say, I've never seen the verb "shown" used quite this way before. Does Billy Graham fit in a projector?

I don't think there's a Constitutional issue.

Don't really see how Billy Graham deserves that particular honor, but it's not my call.

Not sure if any other Religious leader had as much access to Presidents and other high government officials as he had.

No, this doesn’t cross the line of church and state. Also, I don’t have any problem with his body lying in repose at the Capital.

Agree. Now if he stands up and starts preaching, that's a problem.

Must say, I've never seen the verb "shown" used quite this way before. Does Billy Graham fit in a projector?

some people do WAKES that are like cocktail parties with the
STIFF-----in attendance------it is very poetic

Not that I care all that much, but don't think anyone's body should be displayed either at the capitol or at a private funeral.

Saw my aunt in that manner as a kid - pretty much creeped me out. Only been to four funerals since.

Not that I care all that much, but don't think anyone's body should be displayed either at the capitol or at a private funeral.

Saw my aunt in that manner as a kid - pretty much creeped me out. Only been to four funerals since.

sorry-----try to get over it------it is an old-fashioned American
custom

sorry-----try to get over it------it is an old-fashioned American
custom

I don't do many old fashioned American customs outside of 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But you feel free to gaze upon your dead auntie.

Fully agree. This weird shit of pumping dead bodies full of formaldehyde and dressing them up is just bizzaro.

I'm sure that his anti-semitism can be completely overlooked.

Christianity is reflected in the Constitution. And since there is precedence for private citizens being shown in the Capitol, I don't see an issue. I was taken to a Billy Graham rally in Alabama when I was a kid, he had quite the voice!

Forum List

Back