Should Billy Graham be shown at the Capitol?

Today Billy Graham was taken to the Capitol for a showing after he died and a service held. Does this cross the line of church and state?

Yes, he should be shown. No, it does not even remotely cross the church-state line.

Today Billy Graham was taken to the Capitol for a showing after he died and a service held.

Does this cross the line of church and state?

From what I hear, he is only the 4rth private citizen to be shown after dying in US history.

I'm okay with it. Some types righteousness, singular moments of good acts, outshine all the other mistakes and shortcomings of a man.

DWnMnFgU0AASaHr.jpg

We could use this type of Christianity in America today.

15192305846878.jpg

quote-there-is-no-scriptural-basis-for-segregation-the-ground-at-the-foot-of-the-cross-is-billy-graham-137-81-82.jpg

(Any time we can piss off alt-right and arrogant atheists at the same time is a win-win.)

I don't think there's a Constitutional issue.

Don't really see how Billy Graham deserves that particular honor, but it's not my call.

Rev. Billie Graham was the spiritual adviser to every President since President Harry Truman is why.

Apparently he wasn't real good at it since every one of those POTUSes had a war somewhere. Except the one who was himself a deacon, Jimmy Carter.

Don't really see how Billy Graham deserves that particular honor, but it's not my call.

Rev. Billie Graham was the spiritual adviser to every President since President Harry Truman is why.

Apparently he wasn't real good at it since every one of those POTUSes had a war somewhere. Except the one who was himself a deacon, Jimmy Carter.
It's okay to have God help you win a war...It's in the playbook Bible...

You can believe in God and war.
The two are not exclusive nor are they separate.
Many of our historical written records tell of unexplained miracles from our Revolutionary War and all others. They all believed it was God's helping hand.
This has been excluded from teachings since the 60's.

Your "God" doesn't exist.

Your "son of God" was a fraud who ran from authorities, lost a popularity contest to a murderer, and couldn't demonstrate anything when everyone was watching his trial.

Jesus was a man, a Charlatan, a liar who couldn't heal a hangnail....

Waste of taxpayer money, and an endorsement of evangelical Christianity, which demonizes millions of Americans every day. Is Farrakhan next?

This pathetic reply is a good example of how liberals are increasingly hostile to even the most respectful forms of Christianity. Anyone who thinks Billy Graham "demonized" certain Americans has so much hate and vile in them that it's a waste of time talking with them.

When I first heard the press say that Billy Graham was one of very few to lie in the White House my first reaction was, "are you kidding? Everybody in this White House lies!" Guess I just didn't understand what they meant.

Judges are supposed to INTERPRET the law, not make it. Conservatives want judges to interpret the law based on the original intent of its authors.

Today Billy Graham was taken to the Capitol for a showing after he died and a service held.

Does this cross the line of church and state?

From what I hear, he is only the 4rth private citizen to be shown after dying in US history.

No, it does not cross the line of church and state. The mere insinuation it would is absurd. Graham played an important role in everyday American society. He frequently visited the White House going back decades.

Your "son of God" was a fraud who ran from authorities, lost a popularity contest to a murderer, and couldn't demonstrate anything when everyone was watching his trial.

Seek help... like immediately.

It goes beyond that.

Graham joined MLK in the fight for Civil Rights. He also went behind the Iron Curtain and preached to the communists. When he preached he was told that most of the audience were KGB. He just smiled and said, "Then need to hear the gospel as well".

No doubt he converted some on the down lo.

Fire up the ovens, LaDexter is in town.

Just out of curiosity, you don't own any AR 15's do you?

You just exposed your lack of knowledge

and you are too stupid and cowardly to attempt to specify....

Name calling does no good other than fester hates.
The last name Graham is an English name.

Christians are a part of the Jewish faith.
Explained how in the old and new testaments.
Gentiles refers to everyone not of the Jewish faith.

You like specify just to be able to attack is all.

Forum List

Back