Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Getting back to
Gallup also claims Obama enjoys a 50% approval rating...sorry bu

You have to be intelligent enough to know what is being asked...

Okay, you break it down. What's he asking? Explain his concept of separate but equal.

I suspect he is saying something along the lines why do homosexuals insist on calling it "marriage", why not call it civil unions and enjoy (or suffer) the benefits of marriage? It's part of the "we have to appear normal" thing homosexuals desire and crave and the reality is roughly 50% of the nation doesn't accept it as normal. On the flip side heterosexual marriage is considered normal and accepted by the vast majority.

Really? You got all that out of "Are religions all separate but equal? Does that concept work?"

How? Seriously. How did you get that he was talking about civil unions with the above question?

Now that might be your pet peeve, but I don't see how it relates to the bolded question.

Now, let's address YOUR separate water fountain idea. Civil marriage is what ya'll straight folks set up. If you don't want it called a civil marriage anymore, you're more than welcome to get the name changed...for everyone. The idea that straights get marriage and gays get civil unions is the definition of separate but equal.

We have partnerships. We have relationships. We have families. We believe they should be afforded the exact same rights, benefits and privileges you and your husband enjoy. A majority of Americans actually agree with me, not you and a vast majority of Americans do "accept it as normal". Where have you been Rip Van Winkle?

gay-marriage-trend2.jpg

n8rqf89e3usurhykma3vva.png

Gallup also says Obama is at 50% approval, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that isn't correct. Any poll can achieve any desired result

Of course- because you of course know what all Americans are thinking.

Unlike Gallup....who actually asks Americans.......

The question begs...which faction of "real Americans" is Gallup polling? There is no way in hell Obungles has a 50% approval rating, no way in hell

I suspect he is saying something along the lines why do homosexuals insist on calling it "marriage", why not call it civil unions and enjoy (or suffer) the benefits of marriage? It's part of the "we have to appear normal" thing homosexuals desire and crave and the reality is roughly 50% of the nation doesn't accept it as normal. On the flip side heterosexual marriage is considered normal and accepted by the vast majority.

Really? You got all that out of "Are religions all separate but equal? Does that concept work?"

How? Seriously. How did you get that he was talking about civil unions with the above question?

Now that might be your pet peeve, but I don't see how it relates to the bolded question.

Now, let's address YOUR separate water fountain idea. Civil marriage is what ya'll straight folks set up. If you don't want it called a civil marriage anymore, you're more than welcome to get the name changed...for everyone. The idea that straights get marriage and gays get civil unions is the definition of separate but equal.

We have partnerships. We have relationships. We have families. We believe they should be afforded the exact same rights, benefits and privileges you and your husband enjoy. A majority of Americans actually agree with me, not you and a vast majority of Americans do "accept it as normal". Where have you been Rip Van Winkle?

gay-marriage-trend2.jpg

Gallup also says Obama is at 50% approval, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that isn't correct. Any poll can achieve any desired result

So, naturally, you can counter it with a poll that says differently? No...you just "know" it isn't right. Not even Drudge?

You people are stuck on polls, it's that desire to feel normal and accepted.

Well please tell us where you got your 50% figure, other than pulling it out of your posterior?

You were the one who claimed:
the reality is roughly 50% of the nation doesn't accept it as normal.

So what was that statement based upon- if we can't trust polls?

YOUR polls. Simple as that

The state should recognize their arrangement...their agreement...not their "marriage".

Getting back to
It has to make sense in order to answer it.

Okay, you break it down. What's he asking? Explain his concept of separate but equal.

Sigh.

In order to have the legal protections and responsibilities of marriage- same gender couples need to get married. For years 'civil unions' was pursued as a 'seperate but equal' option- but guess what?

a) Civil unions never had the same protections and responsibilities as legal marriage and
b) Conservatives such as yourself fought tooth and nail against 'civil unions' as an option.

Denver, Colo., May 11, 2012 / 09:13 am (CNA).- The Colorado Catholic Conference and the Catholic bishops of Colorado are urging voters to oppose Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s call for a special legislative session to vote on civil unions legislation.

I at one time thought that 'civil union's' if they were treated exactly the same as legal marriage was an option- I even told my gay friends that I thought that was the best route to take- that America was too homophobic to even attempt marriage equality.

But I was wrong- and they were right.

Same gender couples have every legal- and moral right- to pursue equal treatment through the courts- and I applaud their successes. They should be treated legally exactly as my wife and i are when it comes to marriage.

Cease with your projection, I never "fought" against civil unions and in fact I have no qualms about same sex people having a union. Just don't call it "marriage".

Your people have fought against civil unions- you called yourself a devout Catholic- and the Church has repeatedly fought against civil unions.

Denver, Colo., May 11, 2012 / 09:13 am (CNA).- The Colorado Catholic Conference and the Catholic bishops of Colorado are urging voters to oppose Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s call for a special legislative session to vote on civil unions legislation.

Bishops of Illinois urge opposition to civil unions bill
Bishops of Illinois urge opposition to civil unions bill. ... the civil union legislation. Senate Bill 1716 seeks to afford all the "legal obligations, responsibilities, protections, ..

I at one time thought that 'civil union's' if they were treated exactly the same as legal marriage was an option- I even told my gay friends that I thought that was the best route to take- that America was too homophobic to even attempt marriage equality.

Same gender couples have every legal- and moral right- to pursue equal treatment through the courts- and I applaud their successes. They should be treated legally exactly as my wife and i are when it comes to marriage.[

Getting back to

Sigh.

In order to have the legal protections and responsibilities of marriage- same gender couples need to get married. For years 'civil unions' was pursued as a 'seperate but equal' option- but guess what?

a) Civil unions never had the same protections and responsibilities as legal marriage and
b) Conservatives such as yourself fought tooth and nail against 'civil unions' as an option.

Same gender couples have every legal- and moral right- to pursue equal treatment through the courts- and I applaud their successes. They should be treated legally exactly as my wife and i are when it comes to marriage.

Cease with your projection, I never "fought" against civil unions and in fact I have no qualms about same sex people having a union. Just don't call it "marriage".

Your people have fought against civil unions- you called yourself a devout Catholic- and the Church has repeatedly fought against civil unions.

Bishops of Illinois urge opposition to civil unions bill. ... the civil union legislation. Senate Bill 1716 seeks to afford all the "legal obligations, responsibilities, protections, ..

Same gender couples have every legal- and moral right- to pursue equal treatment through the courts- and I applaud their successes. They should be treated legally exactly as my wife and i are when it comes to marriage.[

Once again, not everyone is "you people". Cease projecting, please

gay-marriage-trend2.jpg

So, naturally, you can counter it with a poll that says differently? No...you just "know" it isn't right. Not even Drudge?

Well please tell us where you got your 50% figure, other than pulling it out of your posterior?

So you were relying upon the polls that you said we can't rely upon?

You are just going further down the rabbit hole.

Sigh.

Once again, not everyone is "you people". Cease projecting, please

I said 'your people'- i.e. the Catholic Church- the Catholic community- Catholics-

I'm using your polls against you....you're just too dumb to recognize it

The question begs...which faction of "real Americans" is Gallup polling?

All the Americans at the gay bar on Castro Street in SF, California said they approve of gay marriage so, it's become popular with the majority.

But remember, today's "science" prefers small samples in its surveys.. Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

[refer to specifics on "CQR"]

The Prince's Trust is entirely irrelevant to the topic of "Should Churches be forced to accommodate homosexual weddings?" The reason you can't stay on topic is b/c churches are not being forced to marry anyone against their wishes. Of course, now comes the part of where you foolishly claim individual members of the church are in fact churches themselves. The law in no way supports your claim whatsoever. You want it to be that way so you can lie and claim are churches in fact being forced to marry gays. They are not.

Last edited:

Your just making crap up- and then complaining about when people post actual polls.

You both want to argue that most Americans are against gay marriage, and then reject all evidence which shows that you are just making that crap up.

Your just making crap up- and then complaining about when people post actual polls.

You both want to argue that most Americans are against gay marriage, and then reject all evidence which shows that you are just making that crap up.

You spend an awful amount of time on homosexual issues, in fact you remind me of some of the Yahoo Gaystapo crowd, they keep claiming they are straight and married while in reality they are old queens trying to make it appear they have all this "str8" support. Just an observation

I could say the same thing about Catholics.

You Catholics let your choice of worship define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really, but all part of the disease.

But since I want to keep this thread on track- Catholics have every right to discriminate against homosexuals and women in their religion and church.

Well I am a Catholic and I take my faith very serious, with that said at least I didn't call you a bigoted religiphobe and demand you tolerate me or I will have the Catholicstapo come after you, eh?

And I didn't call you a bigoted homophobe, and demand that you 'tolerate' homosexuals, or I will have the 'homostap' come after you eh?

Here is what you did:
  • You jumped into a discussion about discrimination of homosexuals to complain that race is not the same thing as homosexuality- something no one ever claimed.
  • You base this upon your conviction that homosexuality is a 'choice' rather than genetic.
  • You then insulted all homosexuals with this comment
You homosexuals let your choice of sexuality define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really but all part of the disease.

And yes- I then threw a parody of your insult back at you- showing what it would be like for a group that was discriminated against for something that we know for certain is a personal choice.

I have nothing against Catholics- nor do I think its is okay to rationalize discriminating against Catholics or Jews or Buddhists etc because religion is a choice- not genetic.

I stated my opinion, if you don't like it then it's really too bad for you isn't it? Once again, there is NO scientific proof a homosexual is born a homosexual, none, nada, zilch. I don't want to hear about "scientist's consensus" or "peer reviewed studies" I want solid scientific proof and to date none has been offered up.

As for me being "insulted" at your jab at Catholics? I'm not a thin skinned cry baby, it's YOUR opinion, nothing more and nothing less.
And you're entitled to your opinion, with the understanding that it's legally irrelevant.

Whether homosexuality manifest as a consequence of birth or choice, it makes no difference, as gay Americans are entitled to the protected liberty to make that choice absent unwarranted interference by the state – and denying same-sex couples access to marriage law is unwarranted, un-Constitutional interference.

The thread is about Gays getting married in the Church, no? Even the Constitution can't force that to happen, in fact it prevents it from happening. I could really care less if two misguided and confused people get pretend married and want to appear normal and mainstream as long as they keep it away from my Church and the very most important thing, far, far, far away from our children.
No, it's not; the premise of the thread is ignorant idiocy, abandoned long ago.

The issue is solely between gay Americans and their respective state governments, having nothing to do with private organizations such as churches.

Normal is subjective. Red hair, green eyes and left handedness isn't "normal".

Unlike my sexuality, your bigotry is a choice.

You homosexuals let your choice of sexuality define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really but all part of the disease.

We do? Describe that in an average persons day. What is your perception of what that looks like.

Do you know any gay people?

I know a few but I tend to let them do whatever it is they do and live my own life. But I do run into homosexuals on boards and comment sections and it's always the same, if you don't agree with me you're a homophobic bigot, blah blah blah. Once it starts I know any type of civility is hopeless.

Disagreeing and wishing to discriminate are not the same. If you want to deny gays and lesbians equal rights, you are a bigot.

You didn't answer the question. What does it look like in an average day when "you homosexuals" (gay is easier to type you know) "let your sexuality define and control you"? Describe a typical "homosexual day" won't you?
Equal rights to what, exactly?
Equal protection of (equal access to) the law, in this case marriage law.

I could say the same thing about Catholics.

You Catholics let your choice of worship define you and control every aspect of your life...sad really, but all part of the disease.

But since I want to keep this thread on track- Catholics have every right to discriminate against homosexuals and women in their religion and church.

Well I am a Catholic and I take my faith very serious, with that said at least I didn't call you a bigoted religiphobe and demand you tolerate me or I will have the Catholicstapo come after you, eh?

And I didn't call you a bigoted homophobe, and demand that you 'tolerate' homosexuals, or I will have the 'homostap' come after you eh?

Here is what you did:
  • You jumped into a discussion about discrimination of homosexuals to complain that race is not the same thing as homosexuality- something no one ever claimed.
  • You base this upon your conviction that homosexuality is a 'choice' rather than genetic.

And yes- I then threw a parody of your insult back at you- showing what it would be like for a group that was discriminated against for something that we know for certain is a personal choice.

I have nothing against Catholics- nor do I think its is okay to rationalize discriminating against Catholics or Jews or Buddhists etc because religion is a choice- not genetic.

I stated my opinion, if you don't like it then it's really too bad for you isn't it? Once again, there is NO scientific proof a homosexual is born a homosexual, none, nada, zilch. I don't want to hear about "scientist's consensus" or "peer reviewed studies" I want solid scientific proof and to date none has been offered up.

As for me being "insulted" at your jab at Catholics? I'm not a thin skinned cry baby, it's YOUR opinion, nothing more and nothing less.
And you're entitled to your opinion, with the understanding that it's legally irrelevant.

Whether homosexuality manifest as a consequence of birth or choice, it makes no difference, as gay Americans are entitled to the protected liberty to make that choice absent unwarranted interference by the state – and denying same-sex couples access to marriage law is unwarranted, un-Constitutional interference.
Same sex couples demanding to be opposite sex couples is unwarranted and illogical. They are different and should get equal rights by different means.
Incorrect.

They are currently eligible to participate in marriage law, to seek to deny them access to that marriage law is un-Constitutional.

You spend an awful amount of time on homosexual issues, in fact you remind me of some of the Yahoo Gaystapo crowd, they keep claiming they are straight and married while in reality they are old queens trying to make it appear they have all this "str8" support. Just an observation

And yet here you are- spending an awful amount of time on homosexual issues. In fact you remind me of some of the homophobic racists who keep claiming that they aren't bigots while in fact they hate blacks, Jews and homosexuals with the same vigor.

Just an observation.

And yet here you are- spending an awful amount of time on homosexual issues. In fact you remind me of some of the homophobic racists who keep claiming that they aren't bigots while in fact they hate blacks, Jews and homosexuals with the same vigor.

Just an observation.

Your constant use of "homophobic" is telling.

Just an observation.

Your constant use of "homophobic" is telling.

Just an observation.

Your constant use of 'Gaystapo' is telling.

Here is what you did:

Same sex couples demanding to be opposite sex couples is unwarranted and illogical. They are different and should get equal rights by different means.
Incorrect.

They are currently eligible to participate in marriage law, to seek to deny them access to that marriage law is un-Constitutional.
You mean civil marriage law?

Forum List

Back