Should federal tax dollars be used to bail out states?

Should Federal tax dollars be used to bail out states who mismanaged their budgets?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Why should all taxpayers be responsible for the fiscal irresponsibility of states they don't live in?
From outrageous pensions that massively increase a states debt to smaller more unknown acts of spending your money in a frivolous manner.
Why should I, in the midwest be forced to bail out New York or Illinois?
It's the same argument that applied to GM in 08. Which btw, I will NEVER buy another new GM product.
But I digress WHY should I be responsible for government mismanagement in a state I don't live in?

IMHO the states should have to pay for their own COVID expenses.
NY & CA got tons of aid from the Feds, we just can't keep printing money.
The only aid I'd give the states is Chinese money (bonds) we keep to help offset the COVID costs.

The only aid I'd give the states is Chinese money (bonds) we keep to help offset the COVID costs.
New York and California have long sent more federal taxes to Washington than they got back. They helped fund the red states who mostly take more than they give. Of course the federal government should help the states in an extraordinary crisis, it's what it's there for.

Why should all taxpayers be responsible for the fiscal irresponsibility of states they don't live in?
From outrageous pensions that massively increase a states debt to smaller more unknown acts of spending your money in a frivolous manner.
It's the same argument that applied to GM in 08. Which btw, I will NEVER buy another new GM product.
But I digress WHY should I be responsible for government mismanagement in a state I don't live in?

buy out would fit your q best Gramps ~S~

For some reason, I am and was more in favor of GM bailout than helping states with pension bailouts. I do believe in disaster relief to states to help with costs of this natural or unnatural disaster, but pensions and benefits in great excess of what most non-government businesses have or have promised is another thing. Working for the government was not supposed to be the be all to end all in a free market capital economy.

New York and California have long sent more federal taxes to Washington than they got back. They helped fund the red states who mostly take more than they give. Of course the federal government should help the states in an extraordinary crisis, it's what it's there for.
California represents 12% of The US population and they eat up more than 34% of the welfare dollars spent. Stop trying to sell your bullshit, it don’t sell.

federal-reserve.jpg

Because you are all one nation.

Republicans never want working people to have money. Have you noticed that. Worker wages - suppressed. No health insurance. No job security. Nothing to give the workers any hope of achieving the American Dream.

Workers in other countries aren't lining up for food banks. They're not protesting in the streets for PPE'S or because the must go back to work.

Only in America is your country in danger of collapsing over the flu.

Republicans never want working people to have money. Have you noticed that. Worker wages - suppressed. No health insurance. No job security. Nothing to give the workers any hope of achieving the American Dream.

Workers in other countries aren't lining up for food banks. They're not protesting in the streets for PPE'S or because the must go back to work.

You forgot that we are going to serve dog food to grand ma at the nursing home too.

Geesh......you missed the DNC Media matters memo again...........pay attention.

Getting a disease is not fiscal irresponsibility any more than getting a hurricane, earthquake or tornado

Getting a disease is not fiscal irresponsibility any more than getting a hurricane, earthquake or tornado
So when is the Global Reset.............hmmm Nazi boy.............

Where do to the damage of the pandemic ...............they will have no choice to reset the system......new currency.......electronic..........and will have to put a chip in your ass to buy and sell...........LOL

Is this a test run........or the real thing.

The federal government is the least efficient way of distributing wealth but it's all we have under the circumstances. The best thing is to grit your teeth and not depend on the democrat majority in congress for any guidance.

So?

Cuomo ran up a $6.1 BILLION deficit before the Chinese Virus hit. That's on him, not the rest of the country.

You manage to cram massive amounts of bullshit in every post.

Cuomo had a $6.1 BILLION deficit before he mismanaged the Chinese Virus.

The folks who put up with working for their government for thirty years or more had a deal. If the state can't make the payments, there's another sector "broke." How much income is every state losing from the unemployed sitting home instead of getting a paycheck and having state taxes deducted? Not to mention the lost taxes in gasoline and sales tax generally.

So?

Cuomo ran up a $6.1 BILLION deficit before the Chinese Virus hit. That's on him, not the rest of the country.
There is not a red state out there that would not trade their state revenue for New York's.

Forum List

Back