Zone1 Should I ask "Why God?" or should I ask "how did the devil become so powerful"?

You god still unleashed him on the people he supposedly loves.

Do you express love for your children by letting a pedophile move in with you?

Wrong question.

The better question is: if knowing a pedophile lives next door, should I have killed my own children?

God could have, in the Garden, before Noah. But He did not. Instead we live in this world of sin--but we have many safeguards He gave us.

That's first.

Second--as I have told you many times--this ain't Heaven yet. You keep expecting heavenly standards on earth.

Wrong question.

The better question is: if knowing a pedophile lives next door, should I have killed my own children?

God could have, in the Garden, before Noah. But He did not. Instead we live in this world of sin--but we have many safeguards He gave us.

That's first.

Second--as I have told you many times--this ain't Heaven yet. You keep expecting heavenly standards on earth.
Bad analogy since you didn't create the pedophile that lives next door

Bad analogy since you didn't create the pedophile that lives next door

God created Lucifer; Lucifer made a poor choice and fell.

God could have smoked the whole thing right there. Or after the Garden. Or after the flood. But He did not.

It was worth it.

Argue with God about it, and see where it gets you I guess.

For an individual, existence begins at birth and ends at death. If this is 'true' or not makes no difference to the individual.

God created Lucifer; Lucifer made a poor choice and fell.

God could have smoked the whole thing right there. Or after the Garden. Or after the flood. But He did not.

It was worth it.

Argue with God about it, and see where it gets you I guess.
To believe in the god of the bible is to accept far too many diametrically opposed ideas for me.

To believe in the god of the bible is to accept far too many diametrically opposed ideas for me.

It's not a new question, but it's also not that difficult a question, even if it's painful.

"How could a loving God allow suffering"

1. Some suffering is instructive; some is a result of free will

2. This is not the end yet. This is not Heaven.

It's not a new question, but it's also not that difficult a question, even if it's painful.

"How could a loving God allow suffering"

1. Some suffering is instructive; some is a result of free will

2. This is not the end yet. This is not Heaven.
There is allowing people to suffer their own consequences and there is subjecting people to an outside force.

You do not purposely expose people you love to anything that wants to harm them and you certainly don;t manufacture that agent of harm

There is allowing people to suffer their own consequences and there is subjecting people to an outside force.

You do not purposely expose people you love to anything that wants to harm them and you certainly don;t manufacture that agent of harm

This is where it is abundantly clear you are not a parent. Sorry, just truth.

You absolutely MUST expose people you love to things that "want to harm them" or you raise psychologically crippled, neurotic people incapable of LIFE.

Look around, for pity's sake. We are stymied as a nation, as western society.

This is where it is abundantly clear you are not a parent. Sorry, just truth.

You absolutely MUST expose people you love to things that "want to harm them" or you raise psychologically crippled, neurotic people incapable of LIFE.

Look around, for pity's sake. We are stymied as a nation, as western society.
OK how many times have you let a known pedophile babysit your children?

OK how many times have you let a known pedophile babysit your children?

Again that is not the analogy.

Zero, would be the answer. Of course.

Did I let my children go out into a world where I knew there were pedophiles, car accidents, viruses, bacteria, drownings, slip and falls, choking, and a million other ways you can be harmed and die?

Of course I did.

It was worth it.

It's not a new question, but it's also not that difficult a question, even if it's painful. "How could a loving God allow suffering"

God doesn't allow suffering, mankind does through forgetfulness of God and the identity of "self" by exercising their free will given to them to choose to live separate from God (of any religion). I hate it when people try to lay that rap on the Supreme as an excuse for trying to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions, as if suffering were some kind of unfortunate "accident."

Of course it is.

Do you teach your kids not to touch a hot burner by forcing them to touch a hot burner?

God doesn't allow suffering, mankind does through forgetfulness of God and the identity of "self" by exercising their free will given to them to choose to live separate from God (of any religion). I hate it when people try to lay that rap on the Supreme as an excuse for trying to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions, as if suffering were some kind of unfortunate "accident."
Not everyone who suffers causes their own suffering

Ummm....the Book of Job might contradict your claim that God doesn't allow suffering. He did, He can, He has and does.

But. It is for the greater good, as difficult as that is to understand.

Of course it is.

Do you teach your kids not to touch a hot burner by forcing them to touch a hot burner?

Are you insinuating this is what God does? He teaches us not to murder by making people murder? Or what ARE you claiming here?

Are you insinuating this is what God does? He teaches us not to murder by making people murder? Or what ARE you claiming here?
Yes. He created a danger and unleashed it on his creations.

I find it contrdictoary that god will subject humans to damnation but allows Satan to be an immortal agent of evil

Yes. He created a danger and unleashed it on his creations.

I find it contrdictoary that god will subject humans to damnation but allows Satan to be an immortal agent of evil

God is Just. Justice is merciful.

This isn't the end yet.

Forum List

Back