Zone1 Should I ask "Why God?" or should I ask "how did the devil become so powerful"?

WHat people choose has nothin g to do with the fact that a god who supposedly loves his creations created satan and unleashed him
Ha-satan. The tester or prosecutor. He tests for quality. An example is testing one who claims to have a strong faith. Is that faith truly strong, or does it crumble when push comes to shove?

What are you accusing Ha-satan of doing? Exposing the weak and wrong-doers?

There is a wonderful book out there entitled “When Bad Things Happen to Good People”. It’s written by a former Rabbi. It’s a very good read and made me consider a whole new view on the topic. Of course it also cured me of ever believing in religion again as well.?

Ha-satan. The tester or prosecutor. He tests for quality. An example is testing one who claims to have a strong faith. Is that faith truly strong, or does it crumble when push comes to shove?

What are you accusing Ha-satan of doing? Exposing the weak and wrong-doers?
Yeah that's just another rationalization.

Tell me do you test your kids "quality" by allowing them free access to booze and drugs?

And if your god is perfect why does he need "quality" control?

Tell me do you test your kids "quality" by allowing them free access to booze and drugs?
Shrug--it was no test. Alcohol was kept in plain sight on the top of our kitchen cabinets. There was always plenty because people kept bringing us alcohol (host/hostess) presents and we barely at all. A total of six teaspoons a year was a lot for me. My husband had the occasional beer. Our girls knew alcohol was only for adults so they never touched it. Helps when parents bring their children up, advising they to do the right thing. You know...like God does.

Shrug--it was no test. Alcohol was kept in plain sight on the top of our kitchen cabinets. There was always plenty because people kept bringing us alcohol (host/hostess) presents and we barely at all. A total of six teaspoons a year was a lot for me. My husband had the occasional beer. Our girls knew alcohol was only for adults so they never touched it. Helps when parents bring their children up, advising they to do the right thing. You know...like God does.
If god is perfect he shouldn't need to test his creations for quality.

And if your god is perfect why does he need "quality" control?
I thought you were smarter than this. Our ancestors were brilliant storytellers. They recognized that the wish to do the right/ideal thing was at odds with that secondary wish to do the wrong/evil thing. It came with the package of mankind electing to know/experience both good and evil.

I thought you were smarter than this. Our ancestors were brilliant storytellers. They recognized that the wish to do the right/ideal thing was at odds with that secondary wish to do the wrong/evil thing. It came with the package of mankind electing to know/experience both good and evil.

Human nature has nothing to do with Satan.

Satan is the made up Boogeyman for religions.

Just one more that the Abrahamic religions plagiarized

If god is perfect he shouldn't need to test his creations for quality.
Again, aren't you smarter than this? That is like saying teachers should not have to test students to identify who has learned the subject matter. Tests tell both teacher and student what they have--or have not--learned.

Again, aren't you smarter than this? That is like saying teachers should not have to test students to identify who has learned the subject matter. Tests tell both teacher and student what they have--or have not--learned.
gods don't teach they give orders to be followed.

When you live a life in Canada and learn that which you weren't supposed to be privy, one has to ask one of the above questions.

I ask you, which is the prevailing factor of misery on earth? Maybe I am losing Faith in the Lords intentions when I should be worrying about the rising power of evil that is among us.
The Bible is clear that a majority of civilization will choose to turn away from God

But that only leads to the day that Jesus returns to save us from ourselves

Human nature has nothing to do with Satan.

Satan is the made up Boogeyman for religions.
Satan (the tempter) has everything to do with human nature. Notice who Jesus called 'Satan'--his closest follower because the man closest to him was tempting him to go to a safer place, lead a safer existence.

"Satan" is temptation in all its forms--our friends, ourselves. I fully understand you pay no attention to spiritual life, but I believe our spiritual life can allow both good and bad influences into our existence. Pick earthly friends carefully, pick spiritual associates even more carefully.

Believing in both good and evil means, logically, both exist and one must choose between them, constantly. Choosing good generally puts us on the path where we meet other good beings. Choosing evil may put us on the path where we meet evil beings.

When you live a life in Canada and learn that which you weren't supposed to be privy, one has to ask one of the above questions.

I ask you, which is the prevailing factor of misery on earth? Maybe I am losing Faith in the Lords intentions when I should be worrying about the rising power of evil that is among us.
The devil only has the power you give him.

The Bible is clear that a majority of civilization will choose to turn away from God

But that only leads to the day that Jesus returns to save us from ourselves

the heavens role is not to save anyone who do not save themselves or dies (the exemplar) to prevent evil from being triumphant ...

the c-bible is enslavement and allows evil to flourish - led by the desert congregations and their errant scriptures.

I can relate.

There is evil we cannot seem to fathom at all.. not so much the evil but why God allows it.

All I can say is what I have experienced: If something I go through seems unbearable.. in time I begin to see little pieces of the puzzle come to together RE why God has allowed it.. I am not a patient person so this slow process does not always set well w/ me.. but .. I dunno... that's just me (and human nature in general)..

I send up a prayer for you.. don't know the details of your situation but the Lord does..

The devil only has the power you give him.
That is not always true IMO

There are evils in this world that really don't have much to do with the person experiencing them. Look at the war in Ukraine. Those people did not want Russia to invade.. did not want to lose their homes.. loved ones

That is not always true IMO

There are evils in this world that really don't have much to do with the person experiencing them. Look at the war in Ukraine. Those people did not want Russia to invade.. did not want to lose their homes.. loved ones
If you're a Christian the devil can't harm you but you can give him the power to harm you.

Forum List

Back