Should I call the police and report it?

That's freaky. Is this just a way of getting rid of his trash? Cause it seems easier just to take it to the curb...

We had a neighbor who would dump yard stuff onto in our yard. We just kept dumping it back til he stopped.

MM,

I would report it for one reason and that is to have an official record of it. Who knows what this kid/guy/girl will do next. One day something minor as leaving the trash on your doorstep to robbing you, harming someone, or whatever. Having the cops have his name on anything will be good in case this nut job moves onto other things.

So why did y'all get trash at your doorstep? I doubt I'd call the cops. We do have a nasty neighbor that throws trash out as they drive-by. It is the kid of the guy that was shooting at me some years back. His wife found her a new man (while he was still there). Shooter is gone, nasty kid still drive by tosses trash. After months of that shit I started repaying them in kind from time to time. It stopped for awhile then started back up. So of course eventually I'll need to head south and relieve whatever may be trash in the car onto our property that is in front of their house.

That's freaky. Is this just a way of getting rid of his trash? Cause it seems easier just to take it to the curb...

We had a neighbor who would dump yard stuff onto in our yard. We just kept dumping it back til he stopped.

It's not a neighbor. The bag of trash came from somebody else.

OK, I just got off the phone with the police. I told them about the asshat that littered on my front doorstep.
They told me that the Yellow Pages is allowed to drop their trash on my property.
However, they also told me that if I take that same trash and dump it on the City Hall steps I will be arrested for littering.
I regret that I have but 2 phonebooks to drop on the city hall steps.

OK, I just got off the phone with the police. I told them about the asshat that littered on my front doorstep.
They told me that the Yellow Pages is allowed to drop their trash on my property.
However, they also told me that if I take that same trash and dump it on the City Hall steps I will be arrested for littering.

Congratulation!
You've just put youself on your local police nutjob list.

What are you even talking about?

The Yellow Pages can drop trash on your property?

Are you dropping acid?

I mean you could call the police but really it would just be a waste of time. If it persist than you should call them.

Congratulation!

I was smart enough to call from a phone booth and use your name.

What are you even talking about?

The Yellow Pages can drop trash on your property?

Are you dropping acid?

I consider a phone book dropped on my porch to be trash. I didn't ask for it and I didn't give them permission to leave it on my property.

You can always drive by and toss it onto the phone book store's driveway. I'll bet you wouldn't be the first. Or call them and tell them to stop the madness. I hate the phone book. Seriously. I can never find anything I need in it, I have 3 or 4 of them. Yellow Book and Yellow Pages for almost my town, but not quite. Besides, the print is so damn small . . . . oh stop, it was small twenty years ago. I just use the internet.

Congratulation!

I was smart enough to call from a phone booth and use your name.

:lol:

And here I thought we were talking about the Los Angeles or New York Times...

I was out of town for a few days. I've been back home for a few days, but something that happened while I was gone has been bugging me. I'm wondering if I should call the police and report it.

While I was gone, somebody left a a bag of trash on my front doorstep. It's kind of odd in a way. It was in a plastic bag, not loose trash, but it was trash nevertheless. I also know who did it, and can prove it. In fact, I could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law.
I talked to a few of my neighbors and they all had a bag of trash left on their doorstep by the same person. None of them think its that big of a deal, but when I asked them if they would be ok if I tossed my given bag of trash into the middle of the street we live on, none of them thought that was ok.
Trash on my doorstep (and theirs), no big deal to them, that same bag of trash in the street, they don't like it.
Should I call the police and report it? I threw the trash into my garbage can, but I can retrieve it if I call the police.
I'm looking for advice here, what do you think I should do?

How can your prove it? In most cases it is a simple Misd, and not worth reporting. Cases like this don't even hit a jury, the verdict is handed down by a Justice of the Peace. You also have to remember that if they are found innocent you have just opened your self up to being sued civilally for wrongful arrest.

They will actually go through the bag of garbage to find identification of the asshole who dumped it. That's how ppl who dump garbage on the side of the road get busted.

Not true, I would use the defense that someone went through my trash to get my information to set me up and I would win.

Forum List

Back