🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should McConnell invoke the "nuke option" on behalf of Gorsuch?

Reid and the dems started this shit with the obamacare vote. What goes around comes around.

We are a divided nation, and that is destroying us. Partisan politics must end if our nation is to survive.

When did this shit start? Nixon?

Before that. LBJ for pulling the trigger on the Vietnam war.

Repub behavior at present is unacceptable. They should mend their ways sooner rather than later.

and dem behavior is acceptable? Are you crazy? Its party before country. The dems are a disgrace
We are a disgrace? Have you forgotten Obamas nominee who you refused to vote on? Or how about trying so hard to disruptpt the Obama agenda to make him a 1 term president

allowing the next president to pick the SC nominee was the right thing to do. Would you be complaining if Clinton had won and nominated Gorsuch?

Is there a dem/lib movement to make Trump a one term president? to impeach him? Wake the fuck up and look in the mirror.
Why was allowing the next president the right thing to do?
Trump is making himself a one term president, if he lasts that long, all by himself

because SC justices serve for life. appointing one in the last year of a presidential term is the wrong thing to do. And if Obama's guy had come to a vote, he would have not been confirmed. This is a non issue.

No he should NOT....

He will, and the Senate will, regret it forever, if he does!

Supreme Court Justices are LIFETIME appointments and so critical to our democratic System of checks and balances... and should NOT be partisan Justices, but the best of the best....of the right leaning choices and the best of the best of the left leaning choices, but not dead set in their partisanship....fair and just.

I think it takes 60 votes, the filibuster to accomplish that, so that there is a super majority that crosses both aislesides to get them appointed....

Otherwise every single decision for the rest of our and their lives, they will be accused of making their Supreme court decision, in a partisan manner and not fair and justly.

schumer is a hypocrite, he voted to confirm Gorsuch the first time.
There has been no vote at all to confirm Gorsuch, what are you talking about?

his previous appointment as a federal judge. Approved by voice vote with Schumer voting aye.
I guess there is a big difference between a federal judge and SC nominee. Speaking of Federal judges, do you know how many of Obamas nominees republicans refused to vote on?

no, please tell us. I would assume that they were far left advocates of judicial legislation.
Assume nothing, jackass. There were about 50 judicial openings when Obama took office, now there are about 110. When the republicans took control of the senate, they refused to vote on post every nomination

I don't think that was right, just as I don't think what Schumer and the dims are doing is right. The interests of the country should come first, not the party. They are both guilty.

Trump is the most non-partisan president we have had in decades and the stupid dims are trying to turn him into a partisan. Amazingly stupid.

No he should NOT....

Supreme Court Justices are LIFETIME appointments and so critical to our democratic System of checks and balances... and should NOT be partisan Justices, but the best of the best....of the right leaning choices and the best of the best of the left leaning choices, but not dead set in their partisanship....fair and just.

I think it takes 60 votes, the filibuster to accomplish that, so that there is a super majority that crosses both aislesides to get them appointed....

Otherwise every single decision for the rest of our and their lives, they will be accused of making their Supreme court decision, in a partisan manner and not fair and justly.

Do you feel the same way about the obamacare vote? if not, you are a hypocrite.

No he should NOT....

Couldn't Obama have used it??

Before that. LBJ for pulling the trigger on the Vietnam war.

Repub behavior at present is unacceptable. They should mend their ways sooner rather than later.

and dem behavior is acceptable? Are you crazy? Its party before country. The dems are a disgrace
We are a disgrace? Have you forgotten Obamas nominee who you refused to vote on? Or how about trying so hard to disruptpt the Obama agenda to make him a 1 term president

allowing the next president to pick the SC nominee was the right thing to do. Would you be complaining if Clinton had won and nominated Gorsuch?

Is there a dem/lib movement to make Trump a one term president? to impeach him? Wake the fuck up and look in the mirror.
Trump is making himself a one term president, if he lasts that long, all by himself

because SC justices serve for life. appointing one in the last year of a presidential term is the wrong thing to do. And if Obama's guy had come to a vote, he would have not been confirmed. This is a non issue.
Bullshyte, a non issue. Never before had a SC judge not been voted on in a presidents last year. If you are so sure that he wouldn't have been confirmed, why didn't the senate have the balls to vote? You wonder why our politics are so convoluted? I GUARANTEE if the roles had been reversed and it was a Bush appointee you would not stop screaming if he wasn't voted on, so spare me the BS

No he should NOT....

you are so fricken naïve. The SC has always been partisan, the balance has shifted with the political winds. Right now the winds are blowing right. they were blowing left when Sotomayor and Kagan were put on the court.

you don't always get your way. YOU LOST last November. This is what happens when you lose. Deal with it.

There has been no vote at all to confirm Gorsuch, what are you talking about?

his previous appointment as a federal judge. Approved by voice vote with Schumer voting aye.
I guess there is a big difference between a federal judge and SC nominee. Speaking of Federal judges, do you know how many of Obamas nominees republicans refused to vote on?

no, please tell us. I would assume that they were far left advocates of judicial legislation.
Assume nothing, jackass. There were about 50 judicial openings when Obama took office, now there are about 110. When the republicans took control of the senate, they refused to vote on post every nomination

I don't think that was right, just as I don't think what Schumer and the dims are doing is right. The interests of the country should come first, not the party. They are both guilty.

Trump is the most non-partisan president we have had in decades and the stupid dims are trying to turn him into a partisan. Amazingly stupid.
Non partisan?? 5 years of birther BS ?? Obama tapping him??? Non partisan??

Bullshyte, a non issue. Never before had a SC judge not been voted on in a presidents last year. If you are so sure that he wouldn't have been confirmed, why didn't the senate have the balls to vote? You wonder why our politics are so convoluted? I GUARANTEE if the roles had been reversed and it was a Bush appointee you would not stop screaming if he wasn't voted on, so spare me the BS

because they are scared shitless of what the media would have said about them. Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

The GOP had the numbers to stop Obama's nominee, just as the dems had the numbers to ram obamacare up our collective asses. That's the way it works.

he doesn't like Obama because Obama was a shitty president, a liar, and a fraud. He also dislikes McCain for some of the same reasons. Its not partisan, its personal.

because they are scared shitless of what the media would have said about them. Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

The GOP had the numbers to stop Obama's nominee, just as the dems had the numbers to ram obamacare up our collective asses. That's the way it works.
And you had the numbers to cause obamacare to disappear

Gorsuch should be confirmed even if it takes the nuclear option. Democrats will obstruct any nominee for Trump's entire 8 year term. They will not consider anyone or even think about it. Next year the election will give republicans their 60 vote majority. We should not wait that long but start dismantling the democrat structure today.

he doesn't like Obama because Obama was a shitty president, a liar, and a fraud. He also dislikes McCain for some of the same reasons. Its not partisan, its personal.
And as you so conveniently forgot he bad mouthed GWB all through the campaign and debates along with jeb

And you had the numbers to cause obamacare to disappear

I had numbers? You give me too much credit. Obamacare will disappear, now as a result of self destruction rather than repeal. A political win for the GOP. A disaster for the American people as the worst legislation in history self destructs.

Ryan and the pubs could have replaced it with something that would actually work and reduce costs, they blew it. It will cost some of them their jobs in the next election.

I think there are more reasons not to use it.

1. Let the Democrats be shown as the obstructionists they have become.
2. At some point it gets used against you.
3. It currently is not a precedent for such appointments.

A better route is "leaking" a more conservative replacement with threat of a nuclear option on that one.

Gorsuch should be confirmed even if it takes the nuclear option. Democrats will obstruct any nominee for Trump's entire 8 year term. They will not consider anyone or even think about it. Next year the election will give republicans their 60 vote majority. We should not wait that long but start dismantling the democrat structure today.
wishes in one hand shit in the other ,,,,see which comes true first

And as you so conveniently forgot he bad mouthed GWB all through the campaign and debates along with jeb

Yes, and the voters agreed with him. Trump has done more good for this country in 2 months than Obama and Bush did in 16 years. In case you missed it, I am not a Bushie.

No he should NOT....

I think it takes 60 votes, the filibuster to accomplish that, so that there is a super majority that crosses both aisle sides to get them appointed....

Obama have used what, the filibuster?

the filibuster is only in the Senate rules...a president can not invoke it, if that is what you are asking....

What the nuclear option is, the party in majority, could change the long standing rules of the Senate for 60 votes for a Supreme court Justice by using the filibuster to extend debate, and with just 50 votes, or simple majority vote, the nuke option....would change the Rules of the Senate, to eliminate the filibuster, the need for 60 votes to extend debate....

even with the filibuster, the 60 votes to extend debate, once cloture happens and they have 60 votes to end the debate, and actually vote.....the Justice up for vote would only need a simple majority to win the nomination appointment.

All the 60 vote filibuster does, is EXTEND DEBATE until they can get 60 Senators to agree to go forward to a VOTE.

If Trump gets through his first term, he will be considered a success.

No HE will get through, and the dimshits will FAIL, because the people are watching them stop what they want done. The next election will be just like the 2016 election two states may give whoever the dimshits run a popular victory, but Trump WILL win again because two states are NOT this country and should NOT be able to control the other 48. The facts are that liberals did not want popular vote elections when the Constitution was written and did not want to make the census related to voting\representation mean ANYTHING but WHITE MALES, and they did that to keep black slaves from being counted as citizens for the purpose of allocating representatives.

No he should NOT....

I think it takes 60 votes, the filibuster to accomplish that, so that there is a super majority that crosses both aisle sides to get them appointed....

Obama have used what, the filibuster?

the filibuster is only in the Senate rules...a president can not invoke it, if that is what you are asking....

What the nuclear option is, the party in majority, could change the long standing rules of the Senate for 60 votes for a Supreme court Justice by using the filibuster to extend debate, and with just 50 votes, or simple majority vote, the nuke option....would change the Rules of the Senate, to eliminate the filibuster, the need for 60 votes to extend debate....

even with the filibuster, the 60 votes to extend debate, once cloture happens and they have 60 votes to end the debate, and actually vote.....the Justice up for vote would only need a simple majority to win the nomination appointment.

All the 60 vote filibuster does, is EXTEND DEBATE until they can get 60 Senators to agree to go forward to a VOTE.
I was referring to the nuke option thank you

Forum List

Back