Should morals be taught in school? (Ethics is taught in college)

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
By the time a kid gets to college and takes an Ethics class, it is too late to form the child w/ proper morals and ethics... Well, I suppose it may not be too late for all students but for many, it is because they have already been formed by bad parents... parents who let their kids do whatever t hey want, have whatever t hey want... disrespect anyone they want...

hard to teach someone already set in his ways something different

but yeh... Schools teach all kinds of dumbass stuff these days but not morals... or religion... World Religions should not just be a college class...

By the time a kid gets to college and takes an Ethics class, it is too late to form the child w/ proper morals and ethics... Well, I suppose it may not be too late for all students but for many, it is because they have already been formed by bad parents... parents who let their kids do whatever t hey want, have whatever t hey want... disrespect anyone they want...

but yeh... Schools teach all kinds of dumbass stuff these days but not morals... or religion... World Religions should not just be a college class...
Yes, but you have a problem getting agreement on what morals should be taught.

I don't believe that i have ever, EVER, seen a course on Ethics in any college i have attended.

Isn’t that what parents are for? However you learn morals in school. How you treat people determines how you are treated in school. Experiential learning of morals.

Yes, but you have a problem getting agreement on what morals should be taught.
I am not saying any particular set of morals should be taught. When I was in HS there was a parent student meeting and I remember this guy said something, a parent.. that i didnt understand as a young person but understand 100% today

he said We don't teach our kids to THINK

give the kids all kinds of philosophies and let them choose... but we have to show them the consequences of BELIEVING and following said philosophy

you know.. . the consequences of believing that fornication is OK... that babies may come... they are human, they should be respected... they are hard to care for especially when the parent is unmarried and /or poor and etc...

We've got schools now grooming young children into depraved sexual disorders and perversions.

Do you really want to trust these same schools to teach morality or ethics to children?

We've got schools now grooming young children into depraved sexual disorders and perversions.

Do you really want to trust these same schools to teach morality or ethics to children?
no... they should hire moral people to teach morals..

just sayin...

I know we dont live in a perfect world

which is kind of the point actually

Ought to be taught in the home, by example and training, as well as in church. I think all kids should be exposed to church and Sunday school at an early age, whether they reject it later or not.

I am not saying any particular set of morals should be taught. When I was in HS there was a parent student meeting and I remember this guy said something, a parent.. that i didnt understand as a young person but understand 100% today

he said We don't teach our kids to THINK

give the kids all kinds of philosophies and let them choose... but we have to show them the consequences of BELIEVING and following said philosophy

you know.. . the consequences of believing that fornication is OK... that babies may come... they are human, they should be respected... they are hard to care for especially when the parent is unmarried and /or poor and etc...
That's way too deep for students in K-12 except perhaps in accelerated classes for college credit.

You can get most people to agree on a basic set of morals like being kind and polite to others, not stealing, fighting, or putting your hands on anyone without permission, not lying etc.

If you could get that done and get those morals imbued fully before they graduate they'd be off to a pretty good start in life.

Teaching them that there are consequences for breaking the rules and laws that would be a very valuable thing to teach as well.

Ought to be taught in the home, by example and training, as well as in church. I think all kids should be exposed to church and Sunday school at an early age, whether they reject it later or not.
Unfortunately in a hell of a lot of cases it isn't.

We need to abolish the Federal Department of Education and let the local communities educate their children as they see fit.

They already teach progressive morals in many schools but call it "social justice" or some other CRT codeword.
It's all about indoctrinating the kids with destructive claptrap like all white people are racist or gender dysmorphia is normal.
Leave the morals to the family

no... they should hire moral people to teach morals..

You seem to have missed my point.

We've got schools openly promoting the homosexual/transsexual/pedophile agenda to young children.

Those who would do this, what choices do you think they would make as far as choosing “moral” people to teach morals to these children?

The “moral” teachings would surely end up being more of the depraved sexual child-grooming shit that is already happening.

Parents should be teaching their children all about right and wrong from the get-go.

Forum List

Back