Should our Constitution's 2nd Amendment be amended ... ?

Should be completely repealed. Pleanty of countries get on just fine and a lot better than us without 2nd amendments.

Except when they march their citizens into death camps.....Europe murdered 12 million people that way.

And of course everyday crime increases...women are raped and people are robbed and stabbed...but that's okay...they have national healthcare..right?

And every day crime increases here in America. Women are rape, rob, stabbed, holdup, car jacking, home invasion, kidnapping etc. etc......Extremely rare Extremely rare that a victims was able to pull their gun to protect themselves.
In Southern California where home invasion is rampant and yet NONE was able to defend themselves with their almighty guns.

You mean where it is almost impossible to get a gun and a concealed carry permit….in an area hostile to gun ownership…?

Should be completely repealed. Pleanty of countries get on just fine and a lot better than us without 2nd amendments.

Except when they march their citizens into death camps.....Europe murdered 12 million people that way.

And of course everyday crime increases...women are raped and people are robbed and stabbed...but that's okay...they have national healthcare..right?

And every day crime increases here in America. Women are rape, rob, stabbed, holdup, car jacking, home invasion, kidnapping etc. etc......Extremely rare Extremely rare that a victims was able to pull their gun to protect themselves.
In Southern California where home invasion is rampant and yet NONE was able to defend themselves with their almighty guns.
Guys...
FT_15.04.01_guns_crimeRate.png

But also.....
guns-vs-crime-courtesy-onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com_.png

Dears, better aqueducts and better roads and more, well regulated militia could require more Arms in public venues.

I believe the Judicature should exercise their discretion and curiosity, with gun lovers providing support to fire crews during fire season; in addition to helping build better aqueducts and better roads.

Rather than whine and cry abound the 2nd -- amend it. Grow balls, get off your ass and get rid of it.
Else, accept that it is there, that it does not mean what you want it to mean, and stop whining.

I'm not American so I can't. That's not even my main point in all this. I just love how people have hijacked the agenda when they use the second to justify having assault rifles etc. It somehow validates their right to have firearms that have 30-bullet magazines. Then someone like me takes it to the nth degree and says "well, why not a nuclear weapon". The general response is "now, you're just being silly." To which I say, "that's how we feel about these numbnuts who want to own Tec-10s etc".

You see, you have it backwards... the Constitution sets forth what the government is allowed to do, and what it is not allowed to do. The People empower the government; We give the permissions...WE are the ones who "allow" the government to have guns and such. Not the other way around.

The People are not "...allowed a firearm..."--the notion is meaningless. The Right of The People to Keep and Bear Arms exists regardless of permission, and it "...Shall Not Be Infringed."

Then why even mention the militia in the second. Why not just say "people can have as many firearms as the want." End of story. Pretty straight forward...

Rather than whine and cry abound the 2nd -- amend it. Grow balls, get off your ass and get rid of it.
Else, accept that it is there, that it does not mean what you want it to mean, and stop whining.

I'm not American so I can't. That's not even my main point in all this. I just love how people have hijacked the agenda when they use the second to justify having assault rifles etc. It somehow validates their right to have firearms that have 30-bullet magazines. Then someone like me takes it to the nth degree and says "well, why not a nuclear weapon". The general response is "now, you're just being silly." To which I say, "that's how we feel about these numbnuts who want to own Tec-10s etc".

The civilian population should have the same weapons as the standard issue rifles of the police and military....

as an American I wonder how the Europeans, as modern nations, with universities, and scientists and an educated public could have marched 12 million people into gas chambers and murdered them....

and then I wonder, knowing that it only took 20 years for Germany to become the nation that murdered 12 million innocent men, women and children, in cold blood........

How can you people ever trust your governments again and then allow only your governments to have those weapons...talk about f*****g stupid.....

I'm not American so I can't. That's not even my main point in all this. I just love how people have hijacked the agenda when they use the second to justify having assault rifles etc.
The 2nd Amendment is used by NOBODY as a justification for having an assault rifle.

However their possession of a firearm is "justified

It somehow validates their right to have firearms that have 30-bullet magazines.
The right requires no such validation... they have it.

Then someone like me takes it to the nth degree and says "well, why not a nuclear weapon". The general response is "now, you're just being silly." To which I say, "that's how we feel about these numbnuts who want to own Tec-10s etc".
You're exercising a false equivalence. Nuclear (and similar) weapons are inherently indiscriminate in their damage and lethality. Can you make your point with a valid comparison?

The civilian population should have the same weapons as the standard issue rifles of the police and military....

as an American I wonder how the Europeans, as modern nations, with universities, and scientists and an educated public could have marched 12 million people into gas chambers and murdered them....

and then I wonder, knowing that it only took 20 years for Germany to become the nation that murdered 12 million innocent men, women and children, in cold blood........

How can you people ever trust your governments again and then allow only your governments to have those weapons...talk about f*****g stupid.....

Why standard issue? Why not grenade launchers and any other weapons the govt has? There's no point in having a rifle if the govt has drones/nukes <name your weapon of choice>

Yeah, let's go back 70 years and compare it to modern times. Why not go back to the crusades or the Salem witch hunts. Times have changed. There are a lot more checks and balances in place these days...

[
The 2nd Amendment is used by NOBODY as a justification for having an assault rifle.

You're exercising a false equivalence. Nuclear (and similar) weapons are inherently indiscriminate in their damage and lethality. Can you make your point with a valid comparison?

What a load of crap. People are always jusifying their 2nd amendment rights for such weapons..

Are you saying that an assault rifle that shoots x amount of bullets per second is NOT inherently indiscriminate? So shall we compare a musket that took up to 30-seconds/1 minute to load ONE bullet (which was the weapon of choice when the second was written) to an assault rifle that can fire up to 30 rounds per second? Is that what we're doing here?

[

What a load of crap. People are always jusifying their 2nd amendment rights for such weapons.
You're attempting to pull the horse with the cart.

Are you saying that an assault rifle that shoots x amount of bullets per second is NOT inherently indiscriminate?
Yes. It is an indisputable fact of reality. I recognize it, and won't deny it.

So shall we compare a musket that took up to 30-seconds/1 minute to load ONE bullet (which was the weapon of choice when the second was written) to an assault rifle that can fire up to 30 rounds per second? Is that what we're doing here?
No. It's not.

Precisely... The point of the second amendment is to assure the state of Freedom. Therefore the individual is rightfully entitled to own state of the art firearms, which comes with the responsibility to become expert in the effective use of such. With the presumption being that the individual is virtuous, with a strong understanding of the distinction between right and wrong.

Naturally... in a culture with large populations of cities long governed by the Ideological Left, which through its relativist drivel, has largely rinsed from their constituency, any sense at all... not the least of which is that of right from wrong... it's the height of foolishness to expect such creatures to understand much of anything, let alone God-given rights and the sacred responsibilities that sustain those rights.

But... they're a heavily armed cult and as a result it is a foolish American indeed that isn't armed to the teeth to defend himself from those idiots.

Are you saying that an assault rifle that shoots x amount of bullets per second is NOT inherently indiscriminate?

Rifles are inanimate. Like the animated Leftist, they have no sense of anything.

So shall we compare a musket that took up to 30-seconds/1 minute to load ONE bullet (which was the weapon of choice when the second was written) to an assault rifle that can fire up to 30 rounds per second?

Sure... as long as we compare those who were using the Musket and why.

For instance, the musket was once the state of the art military firearm. We could also compare the cross bow, or the long sword... with the musket... with the state of the art service rifle.

You argument is foolish. But no doubt it gets many nods of assurance where you live.

Rifles are inanimate.

So are nuclear weapons. And?

For instance, the musket was once the state of the art military firearm. We could also compare the cross bow, or the long sword... with the musket... with the state of the art service rifle.

You argument is foolish. But no doubt it gets many nods of assurance where you live.

A drone and a nuclear weapon are also state of the art. Me owning either is not a good idea.

As for god-given rights, there is no such thing....

Last edited:

Why standard issue? Why not grenade launchers and any other weapons the govt has? There's no point in having a rifle if the govt has drones/nukes <name your weapon of choice>

Yeah, let's go back 70 years and compare it to modern times. Why not go back to the crusades or the Salem witch hunts. Times have changed. There are a lot more checks and balances in place these days...

Nope....20 years and the Europeans were murdering men, women and children with poison gas.........

And if you are unaware...we are leaving Iraq, and Afghanistan...the most powerful military in the world....because a bunch of backward ass barbarians with rifles and improvised bombs wore us out......and they don't have near the weapons, knowledge, education or support that we have.....

and as write my last two to you this appears on the front page of my local paper's portal...only in America..

Shooting spree ends with gun battle, four dead - World - NZ Herald News

And according to bill clinton, and the gun self defense study he commissioned through his Department of Justice...Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop mass shooters and criminals....

in 2014 there were 8,124 gun murders...

vs.

1.5 million crimes stopped

Can you tell which number is bigger?

[

What a load of crap. People are always jusifying their 2nd amendment rights for such weapons..

Are you saying that an assault rifle that shoots x amount of bullets per second is NOT inherently indiscriminate? So shall we compare a musket that took up to 30-seconds/1 minute to load ONE bullet (which was the weapon of choice when the second was written) to an assault rifle that can fire up to 30 rounds per second? Is that what we're doing here?

Nope.....depends on the user.....and since more knives kill people than semi automatic rifles...you should worry more about knives than semi auto rifles.....

and since clubs kill more people than semi auto rifles, you should worry more about clubs than semi auto rifles....

And since bare hands kill more people than semi auto rifles, you should worry more about bare hands than semi auto rifles.......

Right...since it is the number of people killed by the implement that makes it dangerous...right? And since all rifles of all categories kill fewer people each year than knives, clubs and bare hands...you should worry more about knives, clubs and bare hands....

semi auto rifles don't kill as many people as knives, clubs or barehands.....wether semi auto rifels are used to target specifically or indicriminately........

Rifles are inanimate.

A drone and a nuclear weapon are also state of the art. Me owning either is not a good idea.

God given is the only way Rights are protected...for if rights are given by men they can be taken by men.......

Rifles are inanimate.

God given is the only way Rights are protected...for if rights are given by men they can be taken by men.......
If rights can be taken away by God, then they're not rights.

Forum List

Back