Should people have to perform/provide services for gay weddings?

I supported Romney in 2008. I voted for McCain. You could call that support. I supported Romney in 2012 in spite of his choice to move to the hard right.

That's irrelevant to the left's fawning claims about Obama's "evolution" and how he "grew up". I don't have to backpedal from oohing and aahing about my candidate's wisdom and maturity and grudgingly admit that my candidates were just politicians after all. Romney had the skill set needed for the presidency in a time of economic turmoil. Obama was then and is now nothing better than "not Bush" though he's treated like he's so much more.

So...you are no stranger to pandering. Gotcha. :D

You're the one who came in with the shill about Obama's changing opinions correlating to him growing up.

And your only defense for your hackery when Obama is exposed is to refer to Romney. Gotcha.

Nice try, Amelia. :lol: You just admitted to voting for two of the biggest Panderers in the 21st century. :lol: So, you and I know, pandering is not a big deal to you politically. You just want to pretend it is for my benefit.

It's not like anyone wants a law that says photographers have to go to gay weddings and perform photography services. No one wants that. Or, bake same sex wedding cakes, or deliver flower arrangements. No. Not at all. There is nothing that shotguns anyone into participating.

There are public accommodation and anti discrimination laws that say you can't deny services. Some of them include "the gheys". Most are the usual...race, religion, gender. Go ahead, repeal them so I can kick red neck Christian fucks out of my place of business.

Would love to see you piss off christians, just as I would love to see some white asshole piss off minorities, and then have thier business suffer.

I am not talking about what is right, I am talking about what is fair, and as long as your business doesnt involve government work, you should be able to be as big an asshole as you want.

So, who is stopping you all from ending these laws? Do it. I want to be able to discriminate against the religious so hurry up already.

Oh, and it really helps to know who the racist assholes like that jptr guy are.

Would love to see you piss off christians, just as I would love to see some white asshole piss off minorities, and then have thier business suffer.

I am not talking about what is right, I am talking about what is fair, and as long as your business doesnt involve government work, you should be able to be as big an asshole as you want.

You can still own a business AND be a giant asshole today, right?

The only thing is you can't tell someone that you fired them because of their race or sexual orientation - specifically.

What's with the need to be able to cite "I fired you because you're ____" specifically?

So why aren't you railing against public accommodation laws instead of civil marriage?

Why aren't you railing against Obama for being against gay marriage both times he ran, only to change his mind again? When I mean public accommodation, I mean anyone I find that I would rather not serve, that includes homosexuals. But back to the question. Why aren't you saying anything about Obama's changing stances on gay marriage? I love how you keep calling us bigoted and intolerant. This guy calls your bluff:

“Was he (Obama) a bigot 14 months ago?” Reed asked Maddow regarding Obama’s previous views, implying how difficult it would be for her to characterize other Democratic DOMA supporters such as Joe Biden and Harry Reid as “intolerant and motivated by an animus and a hatred for gays.”

RALPH REED: …this suggestion that because somebody wants to affirm the institution of marriage that they’re ipso facto intolerant? By that argument, Barack Obama was intolerant 14 months ago. By that argument, 342 members of the House, 85 members of the Senate, including, by the way, Joe Biden, Harry Reid, Pat Leahy, who all voted for this law, and Bill Clinton who signed it into law, were intolerant and motivated by an animus and a hatred for gays.

RACHEL MADDOW: They’ve all changed their mind on it. All of them.

RALPH REED: But…Obama was 14 months ago. Was he a bigot 14 months ago?

RACHEL MADDOW: Nobody’s calling anybody a bigot.

Was Obama a ?Bigot 14 Months Ago??: Ralph Reed Confronts Rachel Maddow, Rips Liberal Hypocrisy Over Who Is Labeled Anti-Gay | Video | TheBlaze.com

Why don't you rail against the people of the United States who have changed their minds....at least the majority has. Why whine about one person, the President, who seems to have grown up like many many other people have?

Because, at least in theory, he is the so-called "leader" of this country and as such, represents (or he should) all of us. Since I hold my leaders to at least some minimal standards of moral, ethical, and legal conduct, he does not pass muster. Not to mention, he has no, none, nada, zip, zilch leadership skills.

^ only people who talk about President Obama like that around here are the crazy side of the Right wing. :D

Right..

Not since Idi Amin have morons fawned on a ruler as you fools do with Obama.

Hey, Idi Amin was a murderer too - must be what you love about him....

Love all these right wingers insisting "we don't hate gays". Then they show how much they do. Course, they also insist they aren't "racist".

On Face the Nation this morning Bob Schieffer was surprised to hear that people such as bakers and photographers are facing fines and possibly jail time for not providing their services to gay weddings. Whatever you feel about whether people should be forced to facilitate something they are religiously opposed to, it says a lot about the media coverage that Schieffer didn't even know about it.

Do you feel people who are religiously opposed to gay marriage should have to cater to gay weddings?

Obama said he won't make churches perform gay weddings. So, if we believe him, that one little corner of culture might not be forced to change. But everything else is fair game, isn't it.

Public schools will be actively attempting to make children view gay marriage as normal. Adoption agencies will be penalized for not arranging for children to be placed with gay couples. And bakers could lose thousands of dollars or go to jail if they refuse to put two plastic men on top of a wedding cake.

Hmm, when interracial weddings were first allowed were people being arrested for refusing to provide services for them? just curious.

So...you are no stranger to pandering. Gotcha. :D

You're the one who came in with the shill about Obama's changing opinions correlating to him growing up.

And your only defense for your hackery when Obama is exposed is to refer to Romney. Gotcha.

Nice try, Amelia. :lol: You just admitted to voting for two of the biggest Panderers in the 21st century. :lol: So, you and I know, pandering is not a big deal to you politically. You just want to pretend it is for my benefit.

Poor Pete. Pretended Obama was something he's not and has nowhere to hide from the dishonesty.

Coors accommodated....and Chik-fil-A.....heh...watch what happens. :D They'll go the way of Cracker Barrel. :D

Think Chick-Fil-A is in serious trouble, do ya Shortbus?

ROFL

{According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the fast-food giant took in $4.6 billion in sales in 2012 -- up 14 percent from the previous year – and opened 96 new stores, four more than in 2011.

Chick-fil-A, a family-owned company based in the Atlanta suburb of College Park, Ga., does not have to publicize its earnings but made the information available at the newspaper’s request.

Comments last year by Cathy in an interview with a Baptist state newspaper -- later picked up in the Southern Baptist Convention news service, Baptist Press -- sparked protests and talk of a boycott by pro-gay activists already at odds with the Southern Baptist layman for donating millions of dollars to groups like the Family Research Council and Exodus International that are on record as opposing same-sex marriage.}

Chick-fil-A flap didn?t hurt profits

Stupid is as leftists does, eh Shortbus?

Seems that there are plenty of wedding planners, bakers and photographers so let me ask this question. Why would one want to do business with a company that didn't want your business in the first place when there are other businesses around that would just at the chance to get your money?

Because you can't make headline news and get lots of prime time TV interviews by patronizing businesses you can't file some bogus lawsuit against.

Coors accommodated....and Chik-fil-A.....heh...watch what happens. :D They'll go the way of Cracker Barrel. :D

ROFL

{According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the fast-food giant took in $4.6 billion in sales in 2012 -- up 14 percent from the previous year – and opened 96 new stores, four more than in 2011.

Chick-fil-A, a family-owned company based in the Atlanta suburb of College Park, Ga., does not have to publicize its earnings but made the information available at the newspaper’s request.

Comments last year by Cathy in an interview with a Baptist state newspaper -- later picked up in the Southern Baptist Convention news service, Baptist Press -- sparked protests and talk of a boycott by pro-gay activists already at odds with the Southern Baptist layman for donating millions of dollars to groups like the Family Research Council and Exodus International that are on record as opposing same-sex marriage.}

Not for nothing but have you had a chicken sandwich from Chic Fil A? its delicious.

I think this issue has to do largely with what is being withheld from others for reasons of discrimination. Several decades ago, California passed an initiative which allowed homeowners to discriminate against minorities in the sale of their homes. The California Supremes struck down the law as unconstitutional. Housing is something you simply cannot deprive someone of for reasons of racial or ethnic bigotry. Housing is essential or, essential enough to get this type of protection.

Not sure that the catering needs of gay couples getting married rises to the same level as discimination in housing.

I can somewhat understand why such non-discrimination rulings might be applied to the rental market, but sales?

How is anyone going to be "forced to participate in a gay wedding"? The gay mafia going to shotgun you into attending weddings?

No, his royal majesty, Barack Hussein Obama II - Emperor of all the Americas, anointed above all gods, creator of the Universe, cum guzzler and turd burglar, will send his the personal henchmen, the IRS, to punish any who defy the royal decree of the GLORIOUS PEOPLES JUDGES who have made this law.

It's not like anyone wants a law that says photographers have to go to gay weddings and perform photography services. No one wants that. Or, bake same sex wedding cakes, or deliver flower arrangements. No. Not at all. There is nothing that shotguns anyone into participating.

No, the threat of a lawsuit would never compel compliance...

Last edited:

ROFL

It is possibly beyond liberal comprehension that the tactics they so love to employ (boycott those you don't like, support those you do) actually work for the "opposition", as well.

They are, and they have real actual chicke nuggets there not the crap they serve at McDungholes.

Very true.

I saw the movie "Food Inc" and will never touch another McNugget.

I stopped eating there years ago, my brothers ex girlfriend will go to McDonalds and buy a shitload of nuggets and just stuff them in their kids faces, fucking disgusting. Thats the only place they ever eat at.

Forum List

Back