Should people who chose to not vaccinate get preference?

Good point, but NOT because of the treatment --------- unless they put them on a respirator, that is. Murder devices, IMO.
No, just in general.

If we are talking about rationing care, which I think is still hypothetical, the ability for someone to survive is a factor in who gets limited resources. Therefore, since unvaccinated don’t have good or outcomes, it is conceivable they could be untreated in a situation of rationing care.

I was stating that the problem is with white people being the majority of unvaccinated people in the country. If the goal is to get as many people vaccinated, then the biggest target should be the priority .

If native Hawaiins were the most hesitant group, getting 100% of them vaccinated wouldn't even move the needle on the unvaccinated population numbers.
I dunno. Down here blacks were statistically more unlikely to get vaccinated, but their reasons were different from white people who didn't get vaccinated. Blacks are increasingly getting vaccinated now. Rural white Mississippi is unvaccinated, and mostly hostile to masks. One of the schools just shut down for two weeks.

But people have a right to select, or not select, treatment. And most people are nice.

No, that's simply not true. Especially now since the efficacy is down below 40 percent.
The very fact that you say the efficacy is 40 percent means it absolutely is true.

But that doesn’t even mention that efficacy is of getting COVID (and a statistic I would argue with isn’t necessarily accurate) and not a statistic of chance for dying of COVID.

No, just in general.

If we are talking about rationing care, which I think is still hypothetical, the ability for someone to survive is a factor in who gets limited resources. Therefore, since unvaccinated don’t have good or outcomes, it is conceivable they could be untreated in a situation of rationing care.
Might be closer than you think -- I read today that one state (Florida?) has zero pediatric ICU beds open now. I am in fact expecting a bad panic from this surge by Delta as soon as the schools open and the kids infect each other and all the adults (vaccinated and not, because the vaccine doesn't work) and then what? Good point you are making --- we should watch what happens to prioritization if hospitals really do crash. Will they prioritize treatment to the people who were good little sheep and took the vaccine that doesn't work?

Believe us when we say, "All you vaccinated automatons out there do not want to start classifying us unvaccinated as a separate class of human beings." You'll be very, very sorry Charlie.
Why?
We do this all the time.
Smoker or non-smoker: Non smoker gets the job, hotel room, rental car, better insurance rates because of not smoking.

Now we know on your side of the fence classifying human beings is a way of life.
Lib, illegal, Christian, fat chick but it seems you get worried when you put a shoe on the wrong foot.

Get vaccinated or not, the choice is yours.
What happens next, though, is not.

No, just in general.

I dunno. I think it's gotta be first come, first served. I know people who couldn't shake drugs and alcohol for decades, but eventually it worked for some, and not for others. If someone has a legal right to a treatment, I don't see how we can deprive them of that just because we think it will not work as good for them as for someone else.

If native Hawaiins were the most hesitant group, getting 100% of them vaccinated wouldn't even move the needle on the unvaccinated population numbers.
Hawaii just stopped tourist flights today. Their hospitals are getting overcrowded, mostly on Oahu. Things are getting weird out there ---

The very fact that you say the efficacy is 40 percent means it absolutely is true.

But that doesn’t even mention that efficacy is of getting COVID (and a statistic I would argue with isn’t necessarily accurate) and not a statistic of chance for dying of COVID.

I wouldn't argue any of the points because we simply do not know. Had the pharmaceutical companies gone through the necessary 8-12 years of clinical trials, we would have data from all different points. We only have data from 8 months. Those are the facts. These moving objects being thrown out by the CDC are laughable at best.

When a responsible person gets a covid vaccine and needs life saving medical care, but the hospitals are full of the misguided non vaccinated. Somethings wrong . They won’t vaccinate but will beg for any treatment at the hospitals,
FDA approved or not, at that point.

Note the absolute refusal to actually address the OP question.
That's because the "Party of Personal Responsibility" isn't.
Heart transplant: Smoker? Your out. Only non smokers welcome
Liver Transplant: Drink? You're out. Only alcohol free need apply.

Just like 1/6.
When the "Party of Personal Responsibility" is responsible, no one is responsible.

No, just in general.

Florida has had to ask people to not water their lawns or wash their cars, because they have to save water. Not because of a water shortage, but because the liquid oxygen used to purify water is needed by the hospitals to treat COVID patients.

If they need a liver transplant, and they refuse to give up drinking, they're refused that life-saving treatment.
Yeah. . . but why are folks that refuse the vaccine also denied a place on waiting lists for organ transplants. . . that doesn't make much sense.

Everyone knows what triage is --- and it's a battlefield construct, or a disaster scene. What is the relevance here?
It is also used when ER's are overloaded.

That is exactly what this thread is about.

"In medicine, triage (/ˈtriːɑːʒ, triˈɑːʒ/) is a process done when the immediate demand for medical resources exceeds their availability. It is the process of assigning priority to patients' treatments based on the severity of their condition, the urgency of them to receive immediate treatment, and their likelihood of recovery with and without treatment. This rations patient treatment efficiently when resources are insufficient for all to be treated immediately; influencing the order and priority of emergency treatment, emergency transport, or transport destination for the patient. "

Forum List

Back