Should Snowden be left in the dirt....with bullets in him?

Edward Snowden is a genuine American hero the like of which we haven't seen for centuries. He was right to leave or he would have ended up dead like the others, like Aaron Swarz, Michael Hastings, Andrew Breitbart and Tom Clancy.

Redirect to another web page

Or perhaps he is a foolish self-obsessed fantasist in the modern style. Who allowed himself to be manipulated by cleverer journos eager for a fast buck.

Snowden has caused serious harm to British intelligence services who have a serious and important job to do protecting their country from Islamic terrorism. To me he is no sort of hero.

Edward Snowden is a genuine American hero the like of which we haven't seen for centuries. He was right to leave or he would have ended up dead like the others, like Aaron Swarz, Michael Hastings, Andrew Breitbart and Tom Clancy.

Or perhaps he is a foolish self-obsessed fantasist in the modern style. Who allowed himself to be manipulated by cleverer journos eager for a fast buck.

Snowden has caused serious harm to British intelligence services who have a serious and important job to do protecting their country from Islamic terrorism. To me he is no sort of hero.

Yeah, the man who has purposefully stayed out of the limelight since revealing his identity is "self-obsessed."

Yeah, the man who has purposefully stayed out of the limelight since revealing his identity is "self-obsessed."

In my opinion, yes.

Snowden has already leaked everything. It's Greenwald and other journalists slowly reporting on it now.

From what I have read there is 90% yet to be revealed.

I'm guessing that's just a made up statistic, but yes they've revealed that there is more to be reported on. But, again, it's the journalists who are methodically releasing the information. Snowden has nothing to do with the actual reporting beyond his initial contact with the reporters.

How conveeeeeeenient.

From what I have read there is 90% yet to be revealed.

I'm guessing that's just a made up statistic, but yes they've revealed that there is more to be reported on. But, again, it's the journalists who are methodically releasing the information. Snowden has nothing to do with the actual reporting beyond his initial contact with the reporters.

How conveeeeeeenient.

What is convenient?

There is a right way and a wrong way for government malfeasance to be exposed.

Snowden did it the wrong way. He did not even try to do it the right way.
I don't see any difference between him and Daniel Elsberg.

Both are true American patriots.

People against Snowden, are the kind of people who wouldn't report the Holocaust.

See, there is one more topic we agree upon - that Snowden IS true American patriot and a hero.

There is a right way and a wrong way for government malfeasance to be exposed.

Snowden did it the wrong way. He did not even try to do it the right way.
I don't see any difference between him and Daniel Elsberg.

Both are true American patriots.

People against Snowden, are the kind of people who wouldn't report the Holocaust.
Well the Holocaust was legal.
The German government had laws enacting and enforcing it.
Therefore using this logic:
To what end?
The surveillance programs are both legal and Constitutional.
What Snowden allegedly did is not.
The Nuremberg trials were a miscarriage of justice.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Heroes like him are rare, but people who want to kill "troublemakers" are all too common, such as yourself for instance.

He's no hero. Had he stayed and accepted whatever happened to him after blowing the whistle, he would have been a hero. Now he's just a coward with good info.

By this logic Chen Guangcheng should have manned up and stayed in China, and the Dalai Lama is a big chicken for going to India.
He is no hero, period.

There are ways to blow a whistle on government wrong-doing without damaging your country. The fact that he was too stupid to find one is just more proof that this clown is a mouth-breathing traitor who needs to stand trial and then be executed if found guilty.

There is no justification for anyone to excuse him or call him a hero.

He's no hero. Had he stayed and accepted whatever happened to him after blowing the whistle, he would have been a hero. Now he's just a coward with good info.

By this logic Chen Guangcheng should have manned up and stayed in China, and the Dalai Lama is a big chicken for going to India.
He is no hero, period.

There are ways to blow a whistle on government wrong-doing without damaging your country. The fact that he was too stupid to find one is just more proof that this clown is a mouth-breathing traitor who needs to stand trial and then be executed if found guilty.

How did him telling the American people the truth about what their government is doing to them and to everybody else around the world "damage the country?"

He is no hero, period.

Snowdenhero002_zps3778253b.jpg

He is no hero, period.

How did him telling the American people the truth about what their government is doing to them and to everybody else around the world "damage the country?"

It's damaged the reputation and safety of SOME of the citizens, of this country; and some of our "allies", who are seemingly fixated on our every move. If I were the owner of one of the companies that was contracted to provide the hardware and software for mass surveillance, I would fear for my life. That's the good side of this revelation. The bad side, is that some of the innocent family members of those involved in the spying, will be in danger, if all is revealed.

Snowden should be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his heroic act. ... :cool:

The muslim says he's a hero...what more motivation to leave him in the dirt...with bullets in him.....

Wow, that was an incredibly ignorant statement. However, judging by your American Flag and Eagle avatar, you're probably an incredibly ignorant person with a very skewed view of what a patriot is. Or a troll.

He is no hero, period.

Executed for whistle-blowing? Are you fucking serious? And how do you figure him to be a traitor? Because he told the American people about the unethical actions of the American government? That doesn't even make sense, asshole.

I think Snowden and his pathetic existence is just reward for his actions.

You do realize the reason why they didnt catch the boston bombers is because of all this nsa crap right?

You are part of the problem if you dont see this as a huge issue.

He is no hero, period.

Executed for whistle-blowing? Are you fucking serious? And how do you figure him to be a traitor? Because he told the American people about the unethical actions of the American government? That doesn't even make sense, asshole.
Executed for treason, not whistle blowing.

Perhaps if you learned the fucking difference between the two?

One can blow the whistle on government wrong-doing and get legal recourse to stop it, WITHOUT having to give away top secret national security information to our enemies and the world at large.

He did NOT do that, he IS currently doing great damage to legitimate intelligence operations against our enemies.

In other words, he is a traitor and needs to stand trial as a traitor.

What he gets if convicted matters little to Me, but for the crime he has committed, hanging would be appropriate.

You do realize the reason why they didnt catch the boston bombers is because of all this nsa crap right?

What are you saying, Plasma? I'm confused. :confused:

This Boston Bombing, an attempt at terrorism; which failed miserably. Rather, it was a tragedy. Chechnya? Seriously? That clandestine planner had a major brain fart.

Namaste

This Boston Bombing, an attempt at terrorism; which failed miserably. Rather, it was a tragedy. Chechnya? Seriously? That clandestine planner had a major brain fart.

Namaste

According to one former nsa agent we collect so much data per day that we cant sift through it all. Hence why you've gotten these attacks on Us soil.

There is no need to collect this and its basically illegal, yet people rather just roll over and take it.

Namaste

According to one former nsa agent we collect so much data per day that we cant sift through it all. Hence why you've gotten these attacks on Us soil.

There is no need to collect this and its basically illegal, yet people rather just roll over and take it.

I see. Well, follow the money trail, and you'll find the pile of crap at the end of it. Who is benefitting from this spying? No one works for free. No one gives away their hardware and software, for free.

Last edited:
From the overwhelmingly large load of fascist state loving crap department:

One can blow the whistle on government wrong-doing and get legal recourse to stop it, WITHOUT having to give away top secret national security information to our enemies and the world at large.

He did NOT do that, he IS currently doing great damage to legitimate intelligence operations against our enemies.

What he gets if convicted matters little to Me, but for the crime he has committed, hanging would be appropriate.

He is no hero, period.

Waiting for specifics rather than talking points.

Forum List

Back