Should taxpayers fund AIDS drugs?

Should taxpayers fund AIDS drugs?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Interesting that no one's willing to answer how many babies they feel should die of HIV/AIDS.

This is because on the BBC earlier, they had item about an AIDS drug. There was some LGBT man on saying he thinks it's a "scandal" that they can't get this drug for free on the British NHS.

I think this is correct, that they should pay themselves for it.

There's a very good Breast Cancer drug that NHS said that they couldn't afford, so women have to pay for it themselves, which is what I call a scandal.

Breast Cancer is not the fault of the women, they don't cause their own cancer.

AIDS is the fault of the people who get it, by their lifestyle and by not using condoms and sharing needles.

Take off your myopic lens and think about communicable disease.

:confused-84:

Sorry, I thought that was self evidence, though I put COMMUNICABLE in bold type for those who were unable to understand my point.

Do you really want people to go untreated with communicable disease? Potentially passing on the disease to others, who might unwittingly pass it on to others, who might .... do you understand now?

Sorry, sometimes I don't grasp some phrasing straight away, English not being my first language.

Of course no, this is why the gay men shouldn't be having unprotected sex in the first place.

STD's are not gender specific, nor are they specific to only homosexual relations. If it is the duty of government to protect its citizens, how is death by disease any different than death by a foreign invader?

This is because on the BBC earlier, they had item about an AIDS drug. There was some LGBT man on saying he thinks it's a "scandal" that they can't get this drug for free on the British NHS.

There's a very good Breast Cancer drug that NHS said that they couldn't afford, so women have to pay for it themselves, which is what I call a scandal.

AIDS is the fault of the people who get it, by their lifestyle and by not using condoms and sharing needles.

Sorry, I thought that was self evidence, though I put COMMUNICABLE in bold type for those who were unable to understand my point.

Do you really want people to go untreated with communicable disease? Potentially passing on the disease to others, who might unwittingly pass it on to others, who might .... do you understand now?

Sorry, sometimes I don't grasp some phrasing straight away, English not being my first language.

Of course no, this is why the gay men shouldn't be having unprotected sex in the first place.

STD's are not gender specific, nor are they specific to only homosexual relations. If it is the duty of government to protect its citizens, how is death by disease any different than death by a foreign invader?

These two things are not the same though.

I am still curious as to why just AIDS funding should be cut and not all STDs?

What about STD's in general? Herpes and HPV. Who's doin' research on that and who pays their bills and salaries? If nobody did anything would that be best? And what about these new(or newly discovered) viruses and mosquito borne diseases.

Is your Google broken? If you were actually interested in any of that, you could find out all by your grown-up self. It's that thing y'all like to talk about called "personal responsibility."
So tell me this...Where did AIDS come from? Like why wasn't it around for decades before? How come it only seemed to be here in the 1970's? Here read this:
Where did HIV come from? | The AIDS Institute

Over decades, the virus slowly spread across Africa and later into other parts of the world. The earliest known case of infection with HIV-1 in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (How he became infected is not known.).

What about STD's in general? Herpes and HPV. Who's doin' research on that and who pays their bills and salaries? If nobody did anything would that be best? And what about these new(or newly discovered) viruses and mosquito borne diseases.

Is your Google broken? If you were actually interested in any of that, you could find out all by your grown-up self. It's that thing y'all like to talk about called "personal responsibility."
So tell me this...Where did AIDS come from? Like why wasn't it around for decades before? How come it only seemed to be here in the 1970's? Here read this:
Where did HIV come from? | The AIDS Institute

Over decades, the virus slowly spread across Africa and later into other parts of the world. The earliest known case of infection with HIV-1 in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (How he became infected is not known.).

So your Google does work. Was there another point you were trying to make? Possibly about viral mutation?

even a cold would fall under communicable along with a whole host of diseases, anything spread person to person

Communicable Disease Fact Sheets

even a cold would fall under communicable along with a whole host of diseases, anything spread person to person

Communicable Disease Fact Sheets

Duh. Anything you might like to offer of substance? A cold is nothing to clap about, the Clap is nothing to sneeze over.

Does this include all STD's or just AIDS?

At the moment just AIDS, if we include all STD's it'll get too confusing.

Why just AIDS though? It isn't really that confusing, no more funding for cures for all STDs.
The problem is that AIDS is a very complicated fatal disease so very expensive to research and fund. If you don't have it and your partner doesn't have it, you can't get it unless you screw around...

...or if you are an EMT or a firefighter who is trying to extricate a bleeding AIDS patient from a car accident.

But then again, they chose their profession, so they have to face the consequences of their actions.

I have been cordial, yet you seem to have overlooked my question.

Yes you are cordial. I'm sorry, what was your question again :eusa_doh:

You mentioned that a patient with breast cancer should have their treatments paid for because they did not bring the cancer onto themselves, but that you don't think that AIDS medications should be pair for with taxpayers funds because risky behaviors are the cause for the disease.

Do you think that a smoker who has lung cancer should be denied taxpayer funded treatment?

This is interesting question. No because not just smoking can cause lung cancer. Whereas, AIDS can only be through unprotected sex and the sharing of needles....obviously blood transfusions also, but not as common now.

But what about cases where a heavy smoker gets lung cancer. In that individual, their poor life choices lead to their cancer.

Should taxpayers pay for expensive cancer treatments for someone who spent their life engaging in a lifestyle of cigarette smoking which is very well proven to be unhealthy and dangerous?

You almost gotta laugh if it wasn't so stupid and tragic. Like it or not AIDS is transmitted for the most part by the male homosexual community. The "A" in AIDS stands for "acquired" and acquired means that you have to engage in risky sexual behavior in order to come down with the disease. It's possible that male homosexuals are border line mentally impaired but they should have the limited capability to absorb at least 1% of the sexual education by the 8th grade and protect themselves.

You almost gotta laugh if it wasn't so stupid and tragic. Like it or not AIDS is transmitted for the most part by the male homosexual community. The "A" in AIDS stands for "acquired" and acquired means that you have to engage in risky sexual behavior in order to come down with the disease. It's possible that male homosexuals are border line mentally impaired but they should have the limited capability to absorb at least 1% of the sexual education by the 8th grade and protect themselves.

>>The majority of all transmissions worldwide occur through heterosexual contacts<<

>>The majority of all transmissions worldwide occur through heterosexual contacts<<
You don't pay attention to world statistics when your country has a peculiar penchant for spreading a disease. Yes, given time, bisexual males getting HIV in their manic sex lives will spill over into the heterosexual population in significant ways. But for now, gay men are spreading it in the US. Hands down.

You don't pay attention to world statistics when your country has a peculiar penchant for spreading a disease. Yes, given time, bisexual males getting HIV in their manic sex lives will spill over into the heterosexual population in significant ways. But for now, gay men are spreading it in the US. Hands down.

and HIV originated in Cameroon apes
Maybe man should not have invaded their territory
HIV and AIDs are not "gay" diseases, so stop blaming gays for spreading the virus.

Let the idiots DIE. Its natural its nature.

Including the babies?

The one with AIDS chose to have them.

Babies choose to be born HIV-positive?

The mother has it, too, otherwise it can't be passed along.

So the babies should die or the women should be forced to have abortions?

You pay for the drugs on their behalf.

Forum List

Back