Should taxpayers fund AIDS drugs?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Does this include all STD's or just AIDS?

At the moment just AIDS, if we include all STD's it'll get too confusing.

Why just AIDS though? It isn't really that confusing, no more funding for cures for all STDs.
The problem is that AIDS is a very complicated fatal disease so very expensive to research and fund. If you don't have it and your partner doesn't have it, you can't get it unless you screw around. If you want to screw around the consequences should be on you and not the rest of us.

There are AIDs treatments in a single prescription now instead of dozens. Some people can live with AIDs for more than 20 yrs.

Not so complicated or fatal.

Guess what? Water and air can be fatal but we don't stop breathing or drinking. Life is fatal. Eventually even the sun will die.
LOL at libthink. You can drown in water so might as well fund cures for bad behavior. AIDS is fatal if not treated, and even then it often is. The question is should everyone else pay for it and using screwed logic isn't a good reason.

>>The majority of all transmissions worldwide occur through heterosexual contacts<<
You don't pay attention to world statistics when your country has a peculiar penchant for spreading a disease. Yes, given time, bisexual males getting HIV in their manic sex lives will spill over into the heterosexual population in significant ways. But for now, gay men are spreading it in the US. Hands down.

and HIV originated in Cameroon apes
Maybe man should not have invaded their territory
HIV and AIDs are not "gay" diseases, so stop blaming gays for spreading the virus.
That's the primary transmission method. Why post opinions about what you know absolutely nothing about?

HIV Continues to Spread Among Gay Men, Studies Show | TIME.com
As the world’s leading AIDS researchers gather for the International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C., scientists report that despite gains in controlling the spread of HIV, the disease has continued to spread at an alarming rate in the very population in which it first appeared — gay men.

[...

why would i be polite to you? your posts show nothing but hate.

Your posts show a deep and abiding hatred of the English language.

no. my posts show a deep and abiding disgust with bigots.

Everyone is a bigot, unless they are agreeing with you.

again, no. you're a bigot if you repeatedly post disgusting bigoted posts/threads.

i'm sorry you don't like being called what you are. if you don't like it, stop being a bigot.

I'm sorry if you don't like being called a bitch. If you quit being one, people won't call you one.

This is because on the BBC earlier, they had item about an AIDS drug. There was some LGBT man on saying he thinks it's a "scandal" that they can't get this drug for free on the British NHS.

I think this is correct, that they should pay themselves for it.

There's a very good Breast Cancer drug that NHS said that they couldn't afford, so women have to pay for it themselves, which is what I call a scandal.

Breast Cancer is not the fault of the women, they don't cause their own cancer.

AIDS is the fault of the people who get it, by their lifestyle and by not using condoms and sharing needles.

Take off your myopic lens and think about communicable disease.

:confused-84:

Sorry, I thought that was self evidence, though I put COMMUNICABLE in bold type for those who were unable to understand my point.

Do you really want people to go untreated with communicable disease? Potentially passing on the disease to others, who might unwittingly pass it on to others, who might .... do you understand now?
No, I want them isolated if they have no control over their dicks. Infect someone and you go to prison for life.

The one with AIDS chose to have them.

Babies choose to be born HIV-positive?

The mother has it, too, otherwise it can't be passed along.

So the babies should die or the women should be forced to have abortions?
Let her have the baby but don't force us to pay for the expensive medications. Why should we?

right.... you're pro life until the child is born. then f'em. :cuckoo:

no doubt you think that's moral.

but i tell ya what... stop asking me to fund your insane wars and subsidize your corporate and agriculture businesses.

And you're pro choice, which by the way includes taking responsibility for the choice, until someone can't afford the result. Then, it's demand someone else told to butt out of the choice be forced to fund it. No doubt you think that's normal. You do. That's how Liberals operate.

[...

why would i be polite to you? your posts show nothing but hate.

again, no. you're a bigot if you repeatedly post disgusting bigoted posts/threads.

i'm sorry you don't like being called what you are. if you don't like it, stop being a bigot.

I'm sorry if you don't like being called a bitch. If you quit being one, people won't call you one.

nah... you think any woman who isn't a rightwingnut shill is a bitch. perhaps you'd do better to focus on the hate-spewing rightwingnuts.

dismissed.

Does this include all STD's or just AIDS?

At the moment just AIDS, if we include all STD's it'll get too confusing.

Why just AIDS though? It isn't really that confusing, no more funding for cures for all STDs.
The problem is that AIDS is a very complicated fatal disease so very expensive to research and fund. If you don't have it and your partner doesn't have it, you can't get it unless you screw around...

...or if you are an EMT or a firefighter who is trying to extricate a bleeding AIDS patient from a car accident.

But then again, they chose their profession, so they have to face the consequences of their actions.
If they are professionals then they already know what to do. Nice try Skippy.

nah... you think any woman who isn't a rightwingnut shill is a bitch. perhaps you'd do better to focus on the hate-spewing rightwingnuts.

dismissed.

You think anyone that doesn't agree with you is a bigot.

Most bitches don't realize they are bitches. Get some help.

This is because on the BBC earlier, they had item about an AIDS drug. There was some LGBT man on saying he thinks it's a "scandal" that they can't get this drug for free on the British NHS.

There's a very good Breast Cancer drug that NHS said that they couldn't afford, so women have to pay for it themselves, which is what I call a scandal.

AIDS is the fault of the people who get it, by their lifestyle and by not using condoms and sharing needles.

Sorry, I thought that was self evidence, though I put COMMUNICABLE in bold type for those who were unable to understand my point.

Do you really want people to go untreated with communicable disease? Potentially passing on the disease to others, who might unwittingly pass it on to others, who might .... do you understand now?
No, I want them isolated if they have no control over their dicks. Infect someone and you go to prison for life.

Everyday you prove to be stupid, and that is a fact, not a personal attack. Have you suffered a major or a large number of head injuries?

Everyday you prove to be stupid, and that is a fact, not a personal attack. Have you suffered a major or a large number of head injuries?
Sounds like your dick runs your life. It figures.

Sounds like your dick runs your life. It figures.

Odd that a man's organ is the first thing to come to your mind.

Non Stupid people understand the best means to prevent the spread of communicable disease is education, inoculation and treatment. All ought to be free for they benefit a nation, you object because you want to punish those who become infected - which may include rape victims or children born to those infected. Thus, you're one of the stupid people.

only if kills the son of a bitch

So a child infected by a blood transfusion, or an infant born with AIDS, or a women raped by an infected person ought to be put to death. Wow, do you have prayer rug?

are you stupid ??? there's an easy way around it moron

I've only been called stupid or a moron by people like you. I did quite well in college and in my career and in life in general, & don't need to have a nom de plumb to prove I served during the Vietnam War.

You're the one who made the stupid comment (note I call the comment stupid, not you) though I don't understand the hate you have for those who may suffer from such a disease. Something in your past you might be ashamed of?

Facts require objective proof. Your disagreement with someone else doesn't qualify as that. That makes your claim of his stupidity as a personal attack.

Facts require objective proof. Your disagreement with someone else doesn't qualify as that. That makes your claim of his stupidity as a personal attack.
It's all he ever does.

It's all he ever does.

He's not the only one.

I admit to a bit of hyperbole, much like i equate you as a myopic callous conservative. Wait, that's not hyperbole, that is spot on!

Forum List

Back